What's outside of your picture window today?

Posted by John, Volunteer Mentor @johnbishop, Nov 25, 2020

As we get ready for the real winter to show up and COVID-19 still playing a major part in our lives I like to spend moments of my day de-stressing about what's going on in the world today. All I have to do is look out the window and observe some of natures beautiful creatures, how they interact and ponder how small it makes my troubles seem. Sometimes I may even get the opportunity to take a photo or two. How about you? Anything going on outside of your window(s) that you want to share?

For those members that have the ability to size your photos before you upload them to the discussion, may I suggest using the following sizes:
– 500 x 335 pixels (landscape)
– 210 x 210 pixels (square)

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Just Want to Talk Support Group.

Looking out my window I see beautiful liquid sunshine called rain in California. Maybe will look forward to some lawn returning.

We have a new hummingbird I have never seen before. It started showing up at our feeders a week ago. It’s very curious and chatty. My husband refills the feeders and this bird meets him by the back door if he is taking too long to replenish the food. It buzzes around our heads and follows us in the backyard. We feel very blessed to have such a beautiful visitor spending the winter in our neighborhood.

@alive

We have a new hummingbird I have never seen before. It started showing up at our feeders a week ago. It’s very curious and chatty. My husband refills the feeders and this bird meets him by the back door if he is taking too long to replenish the food. It buzzes around our heads and follows us in the backyard. We feel very blessed to have such a beautiful visitor spending the winter in our neighborhood.

Jump to this post

Wow, what a beauty!! It’s a Costa’s hummingbird!! I’ve never seen one in person because we’re too far north up in Wisconsin. I can imagine the thrill of this little gem coming to feed! Thank you for sharing the photos! 🥰

https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Costas_Hummingbird/overview
@alive

Jump to this post

Wow! Never seen any bird that looks like this in my area! What a beautiful thing!

@alive

Jump to this post

Gorgeous! This bird is definitely not on my life list. Are you in Texas or Arizona where there are many hummingbirds that we don't see up north?

@naturegirl5

Gorgeous! This bird is definitely not on my life list. Are you in Texas or Arizona where there are many hummingbirds that we don't see up north?

Jump to this post

I’m in Tucson and this is our first sighting of Costa male. We’ve been here for three years. They have a very limited range, mostly Southern California and the Gulf of California region. We are very lucky to see it here.

@alive

Jump to this post

So beautiful, enjoy it! Oh, I so like birds ❤

@alive

I’m in Tucson and this is our first sighting of Costa male. We’ve been here for three years. They have a very limited range, mostly Southern California and the Gulf of California region. We are very lucky to see it here.

Jump to this post

@alive Oh, lucky you! I started birding in California and never saw a Costa's there. I'm trying to figure out when I can do some serious birding in SE Arizona. How wonderful that the Costa male has made your feeder his feeding station!

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas... 🎅

@johnbishop

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas... 🎅

Jump to this post

Ho Ho Ho, indeed!

Please sign in or register to post a reply.