What's outside of your picture window today?

Posted by John, Volunteer Mentor @johnbishop, Nov 25, 2020

As we get ready for the real winter to show up and COVID-19 still playing a major part in our lives I like to spend moments of my day de-stressing about what's going on in the world today. All I have to do is look out the window and observe some of natures beautiful creatures, how they interact and ponder how small it makes my troubles seem. Sometimes I may even get the opportunity to take a photo or two. How about you? Anything going on outside of your window(s) that you want to share?

For those members that have the ability to size your photos before you upload them to the discussion, may I suggest using the following sizes:
– 500 x 335 pixels (landscape)
– 210 x 210 pixels (square)

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Just Want to Talk Support Group.

@jakedduck1

@loribmt
It's a miracle, it arrived.
Gotta go, you know why.
Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jake

Jump to this post

👍 👏🏻👏🏻

@jakedduck1

@contentandwell
I'm a tiny bit familiar with Mount Washington but I didn't think that was the mountain in the picture. That’s what happens when I think. Maybe the pic was taken far away.
If I’m not mistaken I believe Mount Washington used to hold the world record for the highest wind speed ever recorded. I believe that somewhere in Australia now holds that record.
Federal express has been more reliable in my experience. UPS is notorious for poor service here.
Jake

Jump to this post

@jakedduck1 you forced me to google to confirm what you said, and you are correct.
“For nearly sixty-two years, Mount Washington, New Hampshire held the world record for the fastest wind gust ever recorded on the surface of the Earth: 231 miles per hour, recorded April 12, 1934 by Mount Washington Observatory staff.” I think I had heard that at one time but i forgot.
I do remember, way back when I was single and working someone presented the challenge of where the lowest recorded temperature had been. It was Snag, Yukon! I just checked and now Snag is still the lowest temp ever recorded in Canada.
JK

@contentandwell

@jakedduck1 you forced me to google to confirm what you said, and you are correct.
“For nearly sixty-two years, Mount Washington, New Hampshire held the world record for the fastest wind gust ever recorded on the surface of the Earth: 231 miles per hour, recorded April 12, 1934 by Mount Washington Observatory staff.” I think I had heard that at one time but i forgot.
I do remember, way back when I was single and working someone presented the challenge of where the lowest recorded temperature had been. It was Snag, Yukon! I just checked and now Snag is still the lowest temp ever recorded in Canada.
JK

Jump to this post

@contentandwell
That wind speed was faster than the fastest hurricane. Even though it no longer holds the record it’s still very impressive. We had 50+ mph winds a while back which when considering hurricane speed is 74mph, those strong winds seldom happen. Virtually every house had major limbs down.
Jake

In reply to @jakedduck1 "@loribmt" + (show)

😍 Now THAT’S a proper candy dish! Boom!!

Love the counter and backsplash! Dish of chocolate, not so much, but you can have my portion! [not that you will share, anyway]
Gingert

Wow, the candy in your dish has some high-class company thanks to Lori.

@gingerw

Love the counter and backsplash! Dish of chocolate, not so much, but you can have my portion! [not that you will share, anyway]
Gingert

Jump to this post

@gingerw
The dish of chocolate is the best part!
OF COURSE I SHARE, but the rule of the house is, one for you, two for me!
Jake

@jakedduck1 looks good and bad! Good because i want one and bad because i want one!! You should have visited me when we lived in Hershey, PA.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.