Chronic Pain members - Welcome, please introduce yourself

Posted by Kelsey Mohring @kelseydm, Apr 27, 2016

Welcome to the new Chronic Pain group.

I’m Kelsey and I’m the moderator of the group. I look forwarding to welcoming you and introducing you to other members. Feel free to browse the topics or start a new one.

Why not take a minute and introduce yourself.

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Chronic Pain Support Group.

@artscaping

@migizil, Good evening. My MFR therapist has a current list of James Barnes certified MFR practitioners. If you care comfortable sharing, please tell me where you live....the city and the sate. If you feel better and wish more privacy just Private Message me. Be healthy and free of pain, Chris

Jump to this post

I have been in contact with a MFR practitioner, who was wonderful trying to find someone in my community. I live in Bemidji, MN. Thx for caring and wanting to help. Take care.

@migizii

I have been in contact with a MFR practitioner, who was wonderful trying to find someone in my community. I live in Bemidji, MN. Thx for caring and wanting to help. Take care.

Jump to this post

@migizii Here is a list for MN. It looks like there is someone about an hour an a half drive from Bemidji in Detroit Lakes. You can also call Therapy on the Rocks in Sedona, AZ and ask who has trained there. That is John Barne's practice. They may not all be listed on the website.
https://www.mfrtherapists.com/app/list.asp?state=MN&country=US
http://therapyontherocks.net/

@jenniferhunter

@migizii Here is a list for MN. It looks like there is someone about an hour an a half drive from Bemidji in Detroit Lakes. You can also call Therapy on the Rocks in Sedona, AZ and ask who has trained there. That is John Barne's practice. They may not all be listed on the website.
https://www.mfrtherapists.com/app/list.asp?state=MN&country=US
http://therapyontherocks.net/

Jump to this post

Thx for the info! I already know about the Detroit Lakes and Brainerd practitioners but am unwilling to make those drives during the winter but I might check your other resource to see if anyone from my town has trained in Sedona.

Hello,
My name is Steve and I have Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS). In early 2011, while getting g dressed, I felt a sharp pain and heard a very distinctive "popping" sound in my wrist. Thinking that " Father-Time" was just paying me a morning visit, I didn't think much of the incident at the time. Over time the pain intensified and noticed that my tendon/ligament (left wrist) loved to jump around doing its on version of the "daily happy-dance." After visiting a couple of hand-wrist surgeons in the area, it was determined that the tendon/ligament required surgery to be tethered down. This surgery was performed in Aug.'11; however, the pain level became greater than the nature of th surgery. In 3 months, exploratory surgery was performed and there was nothing out of the ordinary, but pain continued to worsen. In Nov 2011 I was then diagnosed with CRPS aka RSD. By 2013, my CRPS was now bilateral (both wrist). Incidentally, the right wrist began with ligament / tendon issues. The conventional treatment of meds, PT and even a ketamine infusion proved to be no match for my condition. My Pain Mgmt Doc was very aggressive and on top of all the latest treatments for CRPS.. ln 2015, I received a NUERO-STIMULATOR, which in conjunction with meds ,has somewhat managed my condition.

Last Oct'18,I had TKR -( Total Knee Replacement) and earlier that year sprained my ankle ( yes on my left) and now have CRPS in my legs including both feet. Last month I had NUERO-STIMULATOR #2 implanted for my lower extremities. Still to early to determine if this procedure is effective. Still mending from surgery.
Couple of other areas of interest.. my pain level averages 6-7 daily, CRPS created sleep apnea, so have CPAP, on long term disability and pending a couple more surgeries., (R - Wrist and R - Foot).
That all said, I deal with things, one day at a time. With CRPS, each day can be different and this condition is hard for our loved ones to always understand. I strive to not let this define who I am, but some days it holds the upper hand, so I am glad to join this group. I am a Christian/God- fearing person and look foward to meeting each of you in hopes that I can listen/learn and help/motivate.

Good evening, @jazzberry15, Welcome to Connect, where it is possible to meet folks who share your diagnoses and have had similar surgeries. It seems like you have had injuries & accidents as well as surgeries and treatments. If I counted correctly, you have been on this journey for about 9 years.

It would be helpful if you could answer the following questions so that you can be introduced to other members who share your challenges.

What is the pattern of your pain? Does it accompany numbness? Tingling? Is it in your hands and/or feet?
What surgeries are planned for your wrist and foot?
What medications are you currently taking to help you manage your chronic pain?
How well does this program control the 6-7 pain level you have daily?
Are you seeing a neurologist or another type of clinician e.g. orthopedic surgeon, in addition to your pain management Dr?

I am so sorry for your situation. I, too have been way too friendly with pain for a number of years and have attempted multiple surgical solutions.
May you be free of suffering tonight......Chris

I’m Vivian.
Newly diagnosed with PMR, and trying various things to deal with the pain. Can’t take Prednisone...

@vfaye

I’m Vivian.
Newly diagnosed with PMR, and trying various things to deal with the pain. Can’t take Prednisone...

Jump to this post

I hope my post helps with your decision. Best wishes & soft hugs.

@msstoppainnagginme

I hope my post helps with your decision. Best wishes & soft hugs.

Jump to this post

Hi I’m smilie and I usually post in the depression group, but right now I want to be here. I still don’t know how to post so I’m doing it this way. My joints hurt and I can never sit in the bathtub again, I can’t get in or out. I don’t know how to stop crossing my legs at the knees. It looks like a number four, I do it with both legs and my physician said stop doing that. I even do that when I’m lying down in my bed. Any ideas? Thank you!

@migizii

Thx for the info! I already know about the Detroit Lakes and Brainerd practitioners but am unwilling to make those drives during the winter but I might check your other resource to see if anyone from my town has trained in Sedona.

Jump to this post

@migizii Ah yes, those famous Minnesota winters... and snow season has already begun. When I had spine surgery in Rochester 3 years ago, we waited an extra day before driving back home because of some snow. There are some books and videos about self treatment on the MFR website that might help, but that won't take the place of working with a therapist. In case a travel option would work for you, John Barnes has clinics in Sedona and Pennsylvania and you can go there for a week of some intensive treatments, kind of working on it all at once. I've never done that, and my insurance wouldn't cover something like that, but it is an option if you can afford it. Even doing Yoga is fascial stretching.

I've been doing MFR for several years and have gotten pretty good at inventing ways to stretch my problem areas and listening to my body, and it complements what my therapist is doing. I have small balls that I can lay on, and a question mark shaped massage thing that has rubber knobs on the end that are great to push and pull on the skin to get a shearing action for fascial stretching. I used that and kept working on a tight spot she had started worked on, and got a breakthrough and significant improvement in that spot just last week. I bought that tool at a discount store ( 5 Below ). It sounds like you live in a remote and beautiful area of the country. When I was growing up, we had a canoe that was built in Bimidji.

Suba here. I've suffered chronic bilateral foot pain for over 20 years. Once an excellent athlete, I can now stand for maybe 10 minutes without suffering. Multiple surgeries for nerve release. Injections. Therapy. Nothing has worked. So I'm here looking for any possible next step. I see some literature on dorsal root ganglion and have hope!

Please sign in or register to post a reply.