Chronic Pain members - Welcome, please introduce yourself

Posted by Kelsey Mohring @kelseydm, Apr 27, 2016

Welcome to the new Chronic Pain group.

I’m Kelsey and I’m the moderator of the group. I look forwarding to welcoming you and introducing you to other members. Feel free to browse the topics or start a new one.

Why not take a minute and introduce yourself.

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Chronic Pain Support Group.

@briansr

It's an honor to find a group of people that have been, and are still going<br />
through, what we all face 24/7. I'm getting worse but a lot of this startup<br />
group have alot more problems than myself. Let's try to grow this group<br />
into one large enough to let our "FRIENDS" in Washington know that we are<br />
indeed human beings and could use some representatives in D.C. to open<br />
their minds and hearts to the millions that suffer daily with very little<br />
to look forward to. I want to write, a novel, book, articles to whoever we<br />
can reach. I just need some ideas. Do you suppose there is a pain monthly<br />
magazine. LOL briansr<br />

Jump to this post

Brian and all: Right now, the states are all making different laws about medicines, so our governors are the people to write to. We can't let politicians continue practicing medicine without a license - they are botching it. I commit to writing to 2 governors this weekend, asking them to help real patients get medicine - and I will address envelopes, put stamps on them, and take them to the post office. It's not enough for me to compose a letter on my computer then not get around to sending it. Peggy

@cricket1

Hi Everyone, My name is Cricket1 and I hope everyone is having a tolerable day. I have been dx with 3 autoimmune diseases and many spine problems. I spend half of my days trying to lessen my pain and the other half trying to take care of house, husband and dogs. Been in bad pain since 1015 and used to be able to take pain meds to help me through the day. My kidneys are not functioning properly and I was taken off half of my pain pills. My days are back to being so painful. I have gone into pretty deep depression because I can't even take care of myself. I am trying so hard to stay on top of my emotions because even my stress can cause a breakout of my Leucocytoclastic Vasculitis. I guess that is why I am here.

Jump to this post

Hi there and welcome! So glad you found Mayo Connect because it is a supportive, comforting place to come. I'm very sorry to hear of your pain and obstacles.

I was just reading about managing the psychological aspects of pain, which is found in a Small Fiber Neuropathy book that I own and often refer back to. Pain is pain no matter the diagnosis.

You know how when medicine is all you seem to have, not many people surrounding you can truly relate and you continue to not know what else to do?

This book shares various ways and beliefs to retrain your brain through Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Mindfuness-based Therapy and a new one I just learned about is Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing! Wow!!! It's not for everyone but desperate times can call for desperate measures.

I wish you all the best in learning through this forum. There are plenty of great people who will listen, care and share.

Best of luck to you in your journey.
Rachel

@lorirenee1

@migizii I would suggest the CBD oil without the THC from CBDistillery.com That would be the ones that are not full spectrum, and are a bit cheaper than the ones that have the THC. I would at least get the 1,000 mg. bottle, or I doubt it will helop pain. I buy the 2500 mg. bottle, with the THC (less than .03%). The stuff works wonders for pain. Even better yet, is Kratom. If you want more info on Kratom, I would tell you exactly what to buy and where. Marvelous stuff. So much better than the doctor's pills. Good luck, Lori Renee

Jump to this post

Thank you for the information!

@rwinney

Hi there and welcome! So glad you found Mayo Connect because it is a supportive, comforting place to come. I'm very sorry to hear of your pain and obstacles.

I was just reading about managing the psychological aspects of pain, which is found in a Small Fiber Neuropathy book that I own and often refer back to. Pain is pain no matter the diagnosis.

You know how when medicine is all you seem to have, not many people surrounding you can truly relate and you continue to not know what else to do?

This book shares various ways and beliefs to retrain your brain through Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Mindfuness-based Therapy and a new one I just learned about is Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing! Wow!!! It's not for everyone but desperate times can call for desperate measures.

I wish you all the best in learning through this forum. There are plenty of great people who will listen, care and share.

Best of luck to you in your journey.
Rachel

Jump to this post

...one more simple thought...if you are able, keep a journal and just keep writing! Write what scares you, maddens you. Write what you worry about, what you hold out hope for. Try to write about something each day that brings a smile to your face even through your pain. It has worked for me and I hope it works for you.

I have been having severe back pain since June. I apparently have bulging discs in my back and would like to hear from other people who have successfully dealt with this.

@rwinney

...one more simple thought...if you are able, keep a journal and just keep writing! Write what scares you, maddens you. Write what you worry about, what you hold out hope for. Try to write about something each day that brings a smile to your face even through your pain. It has worked for me and I hope it works for you.

Jump to this post

@rwinney Those are some good suggestions I am going to start to journal again I haven't in over a year but will start I do mindfulness meditation and do find this helps . Thanks for the reminder

@lioness

@rwinney Those are some good suggestions I am going to start to journal again I haven't in over a year but will start I do mindfulness meditation and do find this helps . Thanks for the reminder

Jump to this post

Welcome! Reminder to myself as well. 😊

@mlzeid

I have been having severe back pain since June. I apparently have bulging discs in my back and would like to hear from other people who have successfully dealt with this.

Jump to this post

After an MRI I was told I have 2 bulging disks and a pinched nerve in the cervical spine. (Think 4 and 5) Anyway I was lucky because I went to this superb chiropractor a few times and I was fine. Now about three years since they must have settled back again and one of the pains is back. Am making an appointment Monday.

@mlzeid

Jump to this post

I advise you to get an MRI I advise you to get an MRI of your pelvic area and your middle back we contrast at the mail which has the best machines

@peach414144

After an MRI I was told I have 2 bulging disks and a pinched nerve in the cervical spine. (Think 4 and 5) Anyway I was lucky because I went to this superb chiropractor a few times and I was fine. Now about three years since they must have settled back again and one of the pains is back. Am making an appointment Monday.

Jump to this post

You probably have either a herniated disc or the nerve canal has collapsed and therefore you need a laminectomy and possibly a fusion. Watch out for injections and surgery as you can get heart condition called AA or arachnoiditis and let's hope you don't have it.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.