Chronic Pain members - Welcome, please introduce yourself

Posted by Kelsey Mohring @kelseydm, Apr 27, 2016

Welcome to the new Chronic Pain group.

I’m Kelsey and I’m the moderator of the group. I look forwarding to welcoming you and introducing you to other members. Feel free to browse the topics or start a new one.

Why not take a minute and introduce yourself.

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Chronic Pain Support Group.

I haven't found anyone that wants to deal with my pain except for mentally and xercise. I'm contemplating moving to location where I can get medical marijuana or just be able to purchase it
legally without having to go through a doctor it seems that that's what they're pushing us to do good luck all I can do is pray for you too

Hello again. My name is Lisa. I have an old injury, unreported work injury that has caused me a nerve problem in one finger. Sounds small I know. But one finger is taking my quality of life. It causes so much pain. One day it may cause me a heart attack. I use CBD oil. That soothes it. I used to wrap my fingers. Then wrapped my hand. I have moved that wrap up now this is after years fyi...now I wrap up to my elbow-arm pit. Somehow it relieves my finger almost completely. Until last night I was making a meatloaf and was crumbling crackers in both hand and it just sent me to the moon in pain. The whole hand burned and I have been having almost non stop burning in my finger. My hand is warm. I just dunno. I am last to get help because I am a care giver. This will stop me from getting help today as well. Thought I would share.:(

@lisash

Hello again. My name is Lisa. I have an old injury, unreported work injury that has caused me a nerve problem in one finger. Sounds small I know. But one finger is taking my quality of life. It causes so much pain. One day it may cause me a heart attack. I use CBD oil. That soothes it. I used to wrap my fingers. Then wrapped my hand. I have moved that wrap up now this is after years fyi...now I wrap up to my elbow-arm pit. Somehow it relieves my finger almost completely. Until last night I was making a meatloaf and was crumbling crackers in both hand and it just sent me to the moon in pain. The whole hand burned and I have been having almost non stop burning in my finger. My hand is warm. I just dunno. I am last to get help because I am a care giver. This will stop me from getting help today as well. Thought I would share.:(

Jump to this post

Hey, good to get it off your chest. Definitely neuropathy. It made me so mad the first time I could not open a bottle top or stir the brownie batter. Needed my daughter to do it for me. The 1st of everything is quite scary! From my experience...it comes, it goes, comes back again and trades body parts. Crazy!!! Hang in there. It's a daily undertaking and I wish you the best.
Rachel

@lisash

Jump to this post

Good morning @lisash, it sounds like this thumb of yours is now making your life a bit miserable. Have you been to an urgent care facility? I found them very helpful s couple of times.

How did the injury happen? Please describe. It is difficult to help when I don’t have enough information.

May you have relief from your pain.today. Chris

Thank you rwinney. It helps to be encourged at any given time. I also wish you all the best as well.

Hello. You ask if I had gone to An urgent care. A long time ago. This is a 15 year old problem. It's my ring finger. Its pain is beginning at it to closest to my pinky. I jammed my hand so hard behind me. This caused my in elbow to become black both ways 4-5 inches up and down from my inner elbow. I wrapped it, And continued to work daily. The pain IS radiating to other fingers and now my hand.

@lisash

Hello. You ask if I had gone to An urgent care. A long time ago. This is a 15 year old problem. It's my ring finger. Its pain is beginning at it to closest to my pinky. I jammed my hand so hard behind me. This caused my in elbow to become black both ways 4-5 inches up and down from my inner elbow. I wrapped it, And continued to work daily. The pain IS radiating to other fingers and now my hand.

Jump to this post

@lisash Ouch! How uncomfortable for you, and if it was me, I would be hesitant to do things in fear it will act up again, right? It sounds like maybe over time the injury has rubbed some nerves? Like @artscaping mentioned, perhaps a visit to urgent care would be in order to gain some relief. Being a caretaker is difficult enough, without having pain yourself. Have you tried any capsacin type heat producing creams/ointments, to give you some temporary ease?
Ginger

@artscaping

Good morning @lisash, it sounds like this thumb of yours is now making your life a bit miserable. Have you been to an urgent care facility? I found them very helpful s couple of times.

How did the injury happen? Please describe. It is difficult to help when I don’t have enough information.

May you have relief from your pain.today. Chris

Jump to this post

@lisah, I have no health background and so am unable to diagnose nor recommend treatment. However I can ask questions. Here is my next one.

Is your pain in the thumb joint that connects with the forearm itself? Does it appear to have enlarged at that joint?

0r is the pain in the finger joint like the ones that connect the rest of your fingers to the hand?

Be safe and protected.

@lisash

Jump to this post

@lisash That has to hurt and trying to work as a caretaker with it ouch . Have you seen your Dr? or neurologist? That maybe a good place to ask about this

Hi. So I just purchased Full Spectrum Hemp Oil. It soothes it. It's cold outside now and when I go out it immediately stings. Not hurts, it stings. Since the cracker thing, its is now down into my hand as well. It is mainly been just in my ring finger, not at all near my thumb. Mostly just that finger but has been radiating over to the fingers on either side...I lol to family that those finger are having sympathy for the ring finger.
I have seen no neurologists, only three family practitioners and one orthopedic surgeon, that I had been referred to. I should see a neuro doctor, and will be seeking an appt. This week. As it has gotten way worse the last two nights. Also, fyi, Practicing relaxation while in the cold is difficult because of the goosebumps that take you any way. LOL I say and do things to lol, I try to keep my humore as I am in tremendous pain infrequently but often.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.