Chronic Pain members - Welcome, please introduce yourself

Posted by Kelsey Mohring @kelseydm, Apr 27, 2016

Welcome to the new Chronic Pain group.

I’m Kelsey and I’m the moderator of the group. I look forwarding to welcoming you and introducing you to other members. Feel free to browse the topics or start a new one.

Why not take a minute and introduce yourself.

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Chronic Pain Support Group.

Hi, I am Paulette and have fibromyalgia and chronic pain. So glad to have found this group.

Hi, my name is Linda, I am signed in as linedancer

Hi Linda, I read your postings only now. I suffered from RLS for many years but, at one point, read about certain OTC supplements that could help. And I tried them. The problem dissolved, and haven´t had the problem again.

If you search for "Supplements for Restless Leg Syndrome" you might get some good pointers. I think at the time it was about Vitamin C and E, and even Magnesium. Since I´ve resorted to so many Nutritional Supplements since then, I hesitate to "recommend" any specific ones. (Nor should we--everyone is so different!) Perhaps others on Mayo Connect could give their thoughts about nutritional supplements for RLS. It is such a frustrating condition. I also believe Trazadone might help you, but remember it can be addictive and is not usually for long-term use. Worth looking Trazadone up also. There is NEVER a prescription that doesn´t have a down-side. I would go with GOOD and reputable OTC supplements first. Good Luck, Linda.

@joanmahon

Hi Chris, will write tomorrow on this. Need to pull out the rather inaccessible file and am ready to hit the bed. Will definitelly get back to you. Tried two different companies, and received instructions from MM doc, but somehow just didn´t work for me. And big difference between the two types of tinctures....Talk tomorrow, ok? And thanks for your sweet note....

Jump to this post

haven´t forgotten, Chris.....been on computer several hours and brain is blacking out.....be back, I promise.....

@waskofamily147

Hi, I am Paulette and have fibromyalgia and chronic pain. So glad to have found this group.

Jump to this post

@waskofamily147 Welcome to our group ,we aren't Dr.s but help with what we can. I'm Lioness or Linda and have fibromyalgia over 30yrs and have a lot or tools in my fibro box.

@lioness

@waskofamily147 Welcome to our group ,we aren't Dr.s but help with what we can. I'm Lioness or Linda and have fibromyalgia over 30yrs and have a lot or tools in my fibro box.

Jump to this post

Sorry lol

Is anyone familiar with Morton neuroma of the foot?. I belong to the neuropathy group and chronic pain and didn't know where to ask this question and it is a very significant pain for me so if you can guide me please.

@summertime4

Is anyone familiar with Morton neuroma of the foot?. I belong to the neuropathy group and chronic pain and didn't know where to ask this question and it is a very significant pain for me so if you can guide me please.

Jump to this post

@summertime4 I had Mortons neuroma and saw my podiatrist It was between my 2-3 toe He injected it and haven't had trouble since Dr. did say if it came back put foot on ice bag and it did work. I really haven't had any problems since then that was years ago.

@lioness I thank you so much for your reply. I have been in great pain for over 8 months in my foot. My toes, my foot, my ankle up to my knee are swelling. The pain in my foot kept me from every day enjoyment which you might have read in some of my posts. I was diagnosed with lymphedema, chronic venus insufficiency, fibromyalgia. I was seen by 2 vein doctors who said that issue was not causing the pain but the swelling may be pushing on the nerve so lymphedema therapy. I have not had cancer or lymph node issues and they finally did a CAT scan and said lymph nodes not blocked. Foot still in pain. I was sent to a orthopedic surgeon by vein doctor and ortho doctor asks why I was there and eyes my painful swollen foot. Pain management does MRI on foot and ankle and shows mild osteoarthritis, small bone spure, small this that. I am told that shouldn't cause the swelling or that much pain. I will stop although there is more. I just get so upset. One morning I wake up in awful pain as usual and call my niece in tears and she takes me to ER in hospital.. They really couldn't do anything as I wasn't bleeding to death and I had pain meds, but did suggest a podiatrist outside of our hick town. I followed through and went last week and within 15 min and much touching and paining of my foot told me Morton neuroma. I said no to the shot. No more pain inflicted. He ut me on the 5 day steroid pack and within 3 and with a special pair of shoes I am able to stand. I have much fear now that the med pack is done and it hurts a bit and I don't think it will just stop because it is soooo inflamed after all this time and ding all the wrong things. The nerves are under my foot and in my toes and are affecting the entire foot and ankle and then the neuropathy decides to attack also. You think I am on the road to focus on dealing with the pain of the fibro and neuropathy? Sorry for such a long piece. I am so anxious just kind of waiting for this foot to drop.

@summertime4

@lioness I thank you so much for your reply. I have been in great pain for over 8 months in my foot. My toes, my foot, my ankle up to my knee are swelling. The pain in my foot kept me from every day enjoyment which you might have read in some of my posts. I was diagnosed with lymphedema, chronic venus insufficiency, fibromyalgia. I was seen by 2 vein doctors who said that issue was not causing the pain but the swelling may be pushing on the nerve so lymphedema therapy. I have not had cancer or lymph node issues and they finally did a CAT scan and said lymph nodes not blocked. Foot still in pain. I was sent to a orthopedic surgeon by vein doctor and ortho doctor asks why I was there and eyes my painful swollen foot. Pain management does MRI on foot and ankle and shows mild osteoarthritis, small bone spure, small this that. I am told that shouldn't cause the swelling or that much pain. I will stop although there is more. I just get so upset. One morning I wake up in awful pain as usual and call my niece in tears and she takes me to ER in hospital.. They really couldn't do anything as I wasn't bleeding to death and I had pain meds, but did suggest a podiatrist outside of our hick town. I followed through and went last week and within 15 min and much touching and paining of my foot told me Morton neuroma. I said no to the shot. No more pain inflicted. He ut me on the 5 day steroid pack and within 3 and with a special pair of shoes I am able to stand. I have much fear now that the med pack is done and it hurts a bit and I don't think it will just stop because it is soooo inflamed after all this time and ding all the wrong things. The nerves are under my foot and in my toes and are affecting the entire foot and ankle and then the neuropathy decides to attack also. You think I am on the road to focus on dealing with the pain of the fibro and neuropathy? Sorry for such a long piece. I am so anxious just kind of waiting for this foot to drop.

Jump to this post

@summertime4 I'm glad to hear you got some relieve but since you have so much inflammation as you said you may have to get the injection as this goes to the problem where a pills go throughout your body but just my experience with pills versus injection that's why I let the Dr. do the inj. for me . My foot wasn't as swollen as yours so it may take more time for you .Tumeric and ginger as ice are anti inflammatroies I use almost daily. There are some ginger turmeric teas one is from Trader Joes. Or you can make your own. Wishing you the best

Please sign in or register to post a reply.