Chronic Pain members - Welcome, please introduce yourself

Posted by Kelsey Mohring @kelseydm, Apr 27, 2016

Welcome to the new Chronic Pain group.

I’m Kelsey and I’m the moderator of the group. I look forwarding to welcoming you and introducing you to other members. Feel free to browse the topics or start a new one.

Why not take a minute and introduce yourself.

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Chronic Pain Support Group.

@sundance6

I have taken Ambiem for many years without side effects. Recently I switched to Lunesta with good results!. The symptoms of both Lyme Disease and Fibromyalgia both include insomnia. My question, is why when this symptom occurs don't we take something to help.
The next time you are on the drug aisle in any store look and the # of running feet of sleep medicines there are.
We have become so hung up about taking medication that it is redicilus!!
Granted addition to them is real! But I feel the help outweighs the problem!
Every socicity in the world has some sort of addications. Weather it be Coco leaves in Peru, the world addicted to coffee. The world addicited to alchol, Jerry Epstien addidicted to sex.
We need to do what we fell will helps us, But as I found out we need to be aware of what some drugs do to us. Case in point was when I was given Gabapentin. I went into a Spiral. When I realized it and stopped it took a bit but I feel much better. It is up to us to be aware and listen to our body and it behavior.
Thanks,.
Sundance(RB)

Jump to this post

Wow,you are so right and that’s how I ended up in the hospital from an overdose. I was bein over medicated with prescriptions and I didn’t even know where I was. Thank you for stating this.

@vradifegari

Good morning Migizii.
You mention "Regular massage". Could you please tell me what kind of massage?
Thank you very much for answer. I am feeling better this days.
Wishing good.
Vradi

Jump to this post

I was doing Myofascial release massage therapy, but eventually my work schedule became too busy for me to fit it in on a regular basis. Given I have just recently returned to two feet (7 month process to heal some simple foot fractures), I am going to consider it again if I can find a reasonable schedule that is effective for my needs.

@vradifegari

Good morning Migizii.
You mention "Regular massage". Could you please tell me what kind of massage?
Thank you very much for answer. I am feeling better this days.
Wishing good.
Vradi

Jump to this post

Btw, glad to hear you are feeling well these days 😊

@briansr

It's an honor to find a group of people that have been, and are still going<br />
through, what we all face 24/7. I'm getting worse but a lot of this startup<br />
group have alot more problems than myself. Let's try to grow this group<br />
into one large enough to let our "FRIENDS" in Washington know that we are<br />
indeed human beings and could use some representatives in D.C. to open<br />
their minds and hearts to the millions that suffer daily with very little<br />
to look forward to. I want to write, a novel, book, articles to whoever we<br />
can reach. I just need some ideas. Do you suppose there is a pain monthly<br />
magazine. LOL briansr<br />

Jump to this post

Hello Brian, reading your post I was happy to hear about starting a group large enough to go to Washington. I have Adhesive Arachnoiditis. I have called my Senators, Congressman, Dept. Of Health. Remember, we were not born with this, it was given to us by many doctors. For a better name, most call it, "Failed Back Syndrome" " Failed Laminectomy" therefore, no responsibility, DOCTOR. I would like to go to Legislate a Bill. Worded?? Stating, Neurosurgeons, Spine Surgeons, Pan Management Doctors must inform in writing the serious and life changing events that could happen during surgery. It would be nice to have Pro-Bono Attorneys? I don't know the statistics but on this site there are many and around the world. Read the beginning of the Burton Report and others. When I had cancer I had hope, with AA a very different story.

@kimspr3

Hello Brian, reading your post I was happy to hear about starting a group large enough to go to Washington. I have Adhesive Arachnoiditis. I have called my Senators, Congressman, Dept. Of Health. Remember, we were not born with this, it was given to us by many doctors. For a better name, most call it, "Failed Back Syndrome" " Failed Laminectomy" therefore, no responsibility, DOCTOR. I would like to go to Legislate a Bill. Worded?? Stating, Neurosurgeons, Spine Surgeons, Pan Management Doctors must inform in writing the serious and life changing events that could happen during surgery. It would be nice to have Pro-Bono Attorneys? I don't know the statistics but on this site there are many and around the world. Read the beginning of the Burton Report and others. When I had cancer I had hope, with AA a very different story.

Jump to this post

I know this isn't helpful in regards to a solution but I want you to know I a praying for you and all who have this disease. I pray someone will come up with something that will help. I think I have problems and I hear you folks talking about something that doctors , etc ignore and as one person said treat you like lepers. I am so sorry.

@kimspr3

Jump to this post

I chickened out on the anterior fusion on July 17, 2019. I am now seeing a chiropractor who specializes in non- evasive decompression therapy. Have anyone found that successful?

@migizii

I was doing Myofascial release massage therapy, but eventually my work schedule became too busy for me to fit it in on a regular basis. Given I have just recently returned to two feet (7 month process to heal some simple foot fractures), I am going to consider it again if I can find a reasonable schedule that is effective for my needs.

Jump to this post

So massaged help you. Did your insurance company pay for it? Also can any masseuse do myofascial technique, would the know what I am talking about?

@jkgraham393

I chickened out on the anterior fusion on July 17, 2019. I am now seeing a chiropractor who specializes in non- evasive decompression therapy. Have anyone found that successful?

Jump to this post

Hello jkg, I think my condition is different than yours? If it helps I have, Adhesive Arachnoiditis. Wishing you a good evening.

@kimspr3

Hello jkg, I think my condition is different than yours? If it helps I have, Adhesive Arachnoiditis. Wishing you a good evening.

Jump to this post

Sorry I intended for the person that had the myofascial massage.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.