Chronic Pain members - Welcome, please introduce yourself

Posted by Kelsey Mohring @kelseydm, Apr 27, 2016

Welcome to the new Chronic Pain group.

I’m Kelsey and I’m the moderator of the group. I look forwarding to welcoming you and introducing you to other members. Feel free to browse the topics or start a new one.

Why not take a minute and introduce yourself.

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Chronic Pain Support Group.

Let me try and connect with my pain doctor and see if there is the same thing available out there.

@mam14

I have deep, bone pain often. I have much worse pain when my D level is down. I take liquid D-3 daily and it helps a lot.

Jump to this post

In reply to @lioness "@mam14" + (show)

@mam14 I liked the DVD Hopeful sent about Vit D I'm on 5000 units but am going to ask Dr for my next blood work to check my levels of D It is helping me also

@mam14

I have deep, bone pain often. I have much worse pain when my D level is down. I take liquid D-3 daily and it helps a lot.

Jump to this post

@mam14
I have deep bone pain as well. It is the worst type of pain. Is it from Osteoporosis?
How long have you been using the liquid Vit. D?

I use the vitamins d too. I totally feel the difference. can't stand it when I stop once. I think it would be worth a try for you. My doctor prescribed it and my insurance pays for all of it.

Hello again:
It is late nigth and I don´t understand where to write about myself.
My name is Marta. I am 33 years old. I was Early Music and harp student, also singing.
I had a Dengue fever five years ago. It left me with a moderated variant of Guillain-Barré. Doctors did not realize of that in that moment and the time passed. Now I have a Poly-Radiculo-Neuropathy. A condition that give me crisis of acute pain since my coxis to my lumbar, dorsal, cervical spine connecting with my head, face teeth, shoulders, chest, ribs, arms, and hands. I have pain all the time. I cannot sleep. Doctors prescribed first Gabapentine and then Carbamazepine. This last pill helps a little but my nights are infernal. I cannot be setting for much time, or resting in bed, or stay on foot. I cannot sustain a heavy book in my hands because of the pain. Of course I haven’t talck about the lost of ‎muscle strength, but PAIN is what don´t left me never.
I am searching another medicine for neurological pain. It cannot contain Opium derivates, cause I am allergic.
I will thank your advices.
Marta

@vradifegari

Hello again:
My name is Marta. I am 33 years old. I was Early Music and harp student, also singing.
I had a Dengue fever five years ago. It left me with a moderated variant of Guillain-Barré. Doctors did not realize of that in that moment and the time passed. Now I have a Poly-Radiculo-Neuropathy. A condition that give me crisis of acute pain since my coxis to my lumbar, dorsal, cervical spine connecting with my head, face teeth, shoulders, chest, ribs, arms, and hands. I have pain all the time. I cannot sleep. Doctors prescribed first Gabapentine and then Carbamazepine. This last pill helps a little but my nights are infernal. I cannot be setting for much time, or resting in bed, or stay on foot. I cannot sustain a heavy book in my hands because of the pain. Of course I haven’t talck about the lost of ‎muscle strength, but PAIN is what don´t left me never.
I am searching another medicine for neurological pain. It cannot contain Opium derivates, cause I am allergic.
Marta

Jump to this post

@vradifegari Good morning, Marta. Welcome to Mayo Clinic Connect. We're glad you found us. That is a long time to live with worsening pain; you must be exhausted! I'm so sorry you have had to go through this. Have your Dr's been able to give you any options that you can try? Non-medical but therapies that come to my mind include gentle yoga and stretching, massage therapy, warm water therapy, and a review of your diet to minimize foods that could cause increased inflammation. The website eatingwell.com may be a resource for you to look at for ideas on good nutrition with chronic inflammation. Here at Mayo Connect we are not Dr's but fellow patients and caregivers; we cannot offer medical advice but do share our experiences and what has worked [or not!] for us. Can you share with us what things you have tried beyond the two medications you mentioned? We care here, and want to help you out.
Ginger

@vradifegari

Hello again:
Marta

Jump to this post

Hello @vradifegari, welcome to Connect. Although it is not the main source of your post, you may find the following Mayo Clinic Radio podcast of interest: Guillain-Barre Syndrome (Mayo Clinic Radio), https://connect.mayoclinic.org/page/podcasts/newsfeed-post/guillain-barre-syndrome-mayo-clinic-radio/.

@vradifegari, I see you also posted in the Brain & Nervous System group in regards to your radiculo-neuropathy. Were you aware there is Carbamazepine is classified in the anti-seizure medication class?

@vradifegari

Hello again:
Marta

Jump to this post

Hello Marta, I am very sorry for all of your pain. I also have/had severe pain from neuropathy in my feet. I cannot imagine how you must feel to have it in so many places, as just my feet pain was unbearable, and ruining my life. I must tell you about Scrambler/Calmare Therapy. I have many posts about it on the neuropathy sight. It is the only thing that has really helped me, and I have tried Physical Therapy, Acupuncture, Lasers, Gabapentin, and Duloxetine. I have posted lots of information about it in the Neuropathy Group. It is not cheap, and cost me 2500.00. Insurance does not cover it. The only other thing that helped, but only for a few hours, is CBD salves and tinctures. They worked much better than Gabapentin and Duloxetin. Let me know if you need more information, as I will happily give you whatever you need. You sound like you had/have many passions for life. My heart goes out to you. Please, please. If you need anything, let me know. Research Scrambler Therapy, because it really helps nerve pain. It is amazing. God bless, Lori Renee

@lorirenee1

Hello Marta, I am very sorry for all of your pain. I also have/had severe pain from neuropathy in my feet. I cannot imagine how you must feel to have it in so many places, as just my feet pain was unbearable, and ruining my life. I must tell you about Scrambler/Calmare Therapy. I have many posts about it on the neuropathy sight. It is the only thing that has really helped me, and I have tried Physical Therapy, Acupuncture, Lasers, Gabapentin, and Duloxetine. I have posted lots of information about it in the Neuropathy Group. It is not cheap, and cost me 2500.00. Insurance does not cover it. The only other thing that helped, but only for a few hours, is CBD salves and tinctures. They worked much better than Gabapentin and Duloxetin. Let me know if you need more information, as I will happily give you whatever you need. You sound like you had/have many passions for life. My heart goes out to you. Please, please. If you need anything, let me know. Research Scrambler Therapy, because it really helps nerve pain. It is amazing. God bless, Lori Renee

Jump to this post

@lorirenee1, I searched scrambler therapy and found this, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4973603/. Is this the therapy you were talking about to @vradifegari?

Please sign in or register to post a reply.