Chronic Pain members - Welcome, please introduce yourself

Posted by Kelsey Mohring @kelseydm, Apr 27, 2016

Welcome to the new Chronic Pain group.

I’m Kelsey and I’m the moderator of the group. I look forwarding to welcoming you and introducing you to other members. Feel free to browse the topics or start a new one.

Why not take a minute and introduce yourself.

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Chronic Pain Support Group.

@nicole32

Hi,
My name is Nicole. I have a Labral tear in my hip with impingement on a nerve. I'm in pain 24/7 and was interested in stem cell therapy at Mayo. I was wondering if this treatment has worked for anyone. I just dove right in with it. It's very nice to see so many others in this discussion group as it is so hard to find people that understand how awful it is.

Jump to this post

@nicole32

Most of us here can empathize with you at some level. 24/7 is enough to drive a person crazy! I guess some would say I'm one of the crazy ones. I'm glad you found this group of truly good people, who are always quick to lend support. I had a spinal cord stimulator implant a few months ago, and I'm so thankful for the amount of relief I've received. I still have pain, along with various other things, but I can handle the new level of pain, at least so far. Welcome to Connect.

Jim

I just found this site and am very relieved to feel less isolated. I am an active 75 yr old now slowed down by back and leg pain from spinal stenosis, arthritis, and scoliosis. In addition to surgery, I am looking at stem cell therapy or laser treatment. Added to the mix, I have fibromyalgia. I have tried a chiropractor, massage therapy, physical therapy, acupuncture and am now losing weight. Until recently, I was able to go to the Y for yoga, Zumba, weights and cardio. I welcome any suggestions to reduce pain that does not involve controlled drugs. Leslie324

@leslie324

I just found this site and am very relieved to feel less isolated. I am an active 75 yr old now slowed down by back and leg pain from spinal stenosis, arthritis, and scoliosis. In addition to surgery, I am looking at stem cell therapy or laser treatment. Added to the mix, I have fibromyalgia. I have tried a chiropractor, massage therapy, physical therapy, acupuncture and am now losing weight. Until recently, I was able to go to the Y for yoga, Zumba, weights and cardio. I welcome any suggestions to reduce pain that does not involve controlled drugs. Leslie324

Jump to this post

Hi Leslie,
I know you tried Accupuncture,but maybe try it for longer.It helped me with pain but it took doing it every week for 5 months and I would have been very sceptical.I had been in pain,chronic,for 6 years.
Best wishes

@leslie324

Jump to this post

Thank you so much. Actually, acupuncture does help me--it puts me to sleep! Had it free after my first knee replacement. I did wonder about having it done for my back. With surgery out as an option due to serious illness in my husband's family, I will try it again.

Hello @leslie324 and @nicole32. You both mentioned stem cells. You may want to check out this conversation taking place on Connect, https://connect.mayoclinic.org/discussion/has-anyone-used-prp-or-stem-cell-therapy-to-fix-cervical-discs/.

In that discussion you will see great discussion about stem cell therapy, as well as, posts from me on how to contact Mayo Clinic's Regenerative Medicine to inquire about stem cell replacement.

Hello! I am so excited that Mayo has discussion groups like this; I had no idea. As usual, though, I typed Mayo and CBD to research more about what the experts have to say about treating chronic pain with CBD, and I found you. I'm looking forward to learning more about how to use CBD to treat my pain. Thank you for providing this service!

I am Marylou8 and have a new post for the Autoimmune Group. I also have a thyroid problem, treated with levothyroxine. But now my hair is falling out and so fatigued it is hard to get out of bed. I suspect this is a thyroid issue, tho I get it checked regularly. I usually post to Sjogrens.

@gal_in_kalamazoo

Hello! I am so excited that Mayo has discussion groups like this; I had no idea. As usual, though, I typed Mayo and CBD to research more about what the experts have to say about treating chronic pain with CBD, and I found you. I'm looking forward to learning more about how to use CBD to treat my pain. Thank you for providing this service!

Jump to this post

Welcome, @gal_in_kalamazoo . There's been a fair amount of discussion on the subject of CBD. You can look through the list of discussions and find threads to follow. As it's past my bedtime, I'll let others comment further.

Jim

@gal_in_kalamazoo

Jump to this post

Welcome @gal_in_kalamazoo, thank you for joining Connect and introducing yourself.

We are glad that you found us by searching the web. Based on your interest, I think you may want to check out the following discussion that is centered entirely around chronic pain and CBD, https://connect.mayoclinic.org/discussion/cbd/. If you are replying by email, I highly recommend clicking on VIEW & REPLY at the bottom of your notification and using a web browser to read and reply on Connect, it just makes sifting through the discussions much more clear. In the CBD discussion you will meet many other members who share your common interest. I look forward to more posts from you.

@marylou705

I am Marylou8 and have a new post for the Autoimmune Group. I also have a thyroid problem, treated with levothyroxine. But now my hair is falling out and so fatigued it is hard to get out of bed. I suspect this is a thyroid issue, tho I get it checked regularly. I usually post to Sjogrens.

Jump to this post

Hello @marylou8,

I see that you wanted to make a new post to the Autoimmune Group. To do that, go to the group by clicking this link, https://connect.mayoclinic.org/group/autoimmune-diseases/.

You may also want to check out this discussion on thyroid issues where members are discussing levothyroxine, https://connect.mayoclinic.org/discussion/thyroid-issues-1/. Just click on the link and you will be taken to the discussion and I recommend posting your question to the members in that discussion. If you are replying by email, I suggest clicking on VIEW & REPLY or the links I provided above so that you can more easily navigate the discussions.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.