Chronic Pain members - Welcome, please introduce yourself

Posted by Kelsey Mohring @kelseydm, Apr 27, 2016

Welcome to the new Chronic Pain group.

I’m Kelsey and I’m the moderator of the group. I look forwarding to welcoming you and introducing you to other members. Feel free to browse the topics or start a new one.

Why not take a minute and introduce yourself.

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Chronic Pain Support Group.

i do have chronic pain but i also have ptsd. what happened to that group? i cannot find it. would someone please help me find it? thank you.

@peach414144

i do have chronic pain but i also have ptsd. what happened to that group? i cannot find it. would someone please help me find it? thank you.

Jump to this post

@lilgrizz

Hello, new here! Hope to make some friends. When I talk to my family( I have no friends) about my pain and my pain meds they look at me like I have a 2nd head. While I suffer from chronic pain brought on by ms and lupus and just recently degenerative scoliosis I did get some relief from my back pain, just some, when I had two surgeries to correct a 64 degree curve that was curving at a very fast rate at about 10 degrees a year. I'm 50 and already could not stand up straight and had a significant hump on my back. Sorry getting off topic. The surgeries consisted of putting in 2 rods and about 50 something screws running from the base of my neck down to my tailbone. I got quit a laugh in mikee post about the longest but crack. Sorda reminds me of myself. Getting off topic again. sorry. you will find that I do that often and I do apologize. since my ms has become active my cognitive abilities have suffered greatly. At one point I was once a very intelligent person now I'm just stupid. THe chronic pain I endure from all my conditions is controlled mostly by 10mg of oxymorphone 4xday. and a 75mcg fentynl patch. I was also recently on Opana ER 40mg 2xday but that has now been taken off the market because of the idiots who melt it down and shoot it up. So I wonder if anyone knows an equivalent to opana er 40mg because what i'm taking now just aint getting it. my doc increased my fentynl patch from 50 to 75 to make up for no longer having the opana but it is just no enough. Would love to hear from anyone.

Jump to this post

thanks so much for the kind welcome and info. i'm definitely gonna check out the other groups because I can tell that sharing this info with you all is already helping my mental status. thank you so much.

@lilgrizz

Hello, new here! Hope to make some friends. When I talk to my family( I have no friends) about my pain and my pain meds they look at me like I have a 2nd head. While I suffer from chronic pain brought on by ms and lupus and just recently degenerative scoliosis I did get some relief from my back pain, just some, when I had two surgeries to correct a 64 degree curve that was curving at a very fast rate at about 10 degrees a year. I'm 50 and already could not stand up straight and had a significant hump on my back. Sorry getting off topic. The surgeries consisted of putting in 2 rods and about 50 something screws running from the base of my neck down to my tailbone. I got quit a laugh in mikee post about the longest but crack. Sorda reminds me of myself. Getting off topic again. sorry. you will find that I do that often and I do apologize. since my ms has become active my cognitive abilities have suffered greatly. At one point I was once a very intelligent person now I'm just stupid. THe chronic pain I endure from all my conditions is controlled mostly by 10mg of oxymorphone 4xday. and a 75mcg fentynl patch. I was also recently on Opana ER 40mg 2xday but that has now been taken off the market because of the idiots who melt it down and shoot it up. So I wonder if anyone knows an equivalent to opana er 40mg because what i'm taking now just aint getting it. my doc increased my fentynl patch from 50 to 75 to make up for no longer having the opana but it is just no enough. Would love to hear from anyone.

Jump to this post

@jenapower I'm not sure I'm doing these replies right and inserting the names. Jennifer thanks so much for the info. I'm definitely gonna ask the doc about it. Greatly appreciate it.

@lilgrizz

Jump to this post

@jimhd you know what you say is so true. i'm also bipolar and it is sorda like a radar. right before I have a ms or lupus flare up I can guarantee you I will have a full blown manic episode. which means I end up in some kind of trouble, usually financial. You can catch me going thru every bodies couch cushions looking for loose change. And my ms med- Rebif- usually causes depression. I have to give myself a shot 3xweek and I have an opposite reaction to the med, not depression but mania. It seems I stay in trouble, broke and in pain. I guess I'm just a lil peeved that this big oxycodone crisis Trump is screaming about is hurting the people who are really in pain. I'm scared the day will soon come that they will cut us off too and we who suffer from chronic pain will just be screwed.

I have fibromyalgia and have been on Lyrica for many years. I developed breathing issues so have stopped taking Lyrica. I have gone through withdrawal symptoms that have been awful. Has anyone else had problems stopping Lyrica?

@marilynsue

I have fibromyalgia and have been on Lyrica for many years. I developed breathing issues so have stopped taking Lyrica. I have gone through withdrawal symptoms that have been awful. Has anyone else had problems stopping Lyrica?

Jump to this post

Hello @marilynsue, welcome to Mayo Connect - a great place to share your health concerns, ask questions and hear back from other Connect members on what they are doing for similar health concerns. I have no medical training or background but found some information on stopping Lyrica (pregabalin) on Mayo Clinic's website here:
http://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements/pregabalin-oral-route/precautions/drg-20067411

Here's an excerpt from the page - "Do not suddenly stop taking pregabalin without checking first with your doctor. Your doctor may want you to gradually reduce the amount you are taking before stopping it completely. Stopping the medicine suddenly may cause seizures or side effects such as dizziness, diarrhea, nausea, headaches, vomiting, irritability, trouble with sleeping, nightmares, or tingling feelings."

Have you talked with your doctor on stopping Lyrica? Normally they have you taper off of the drug to let the body adjust. Hopefully other Connect members can join the discussion and share their experience.

John

@lilgrizz

Jump to this post

@lilgrizz, Every time I take some more insulin or some tiny pill for something, I marvel at how fragile we humans really are. A drop or two if insulin to keep our whole body working close to normal, or even just a tiny aspirin. Years ago I took pills for something --I don't remember what, maybe they were nitros, don't know. Anyway I have had more dirt in a sweat pore, I think. Anyway, It does not take much to throw us off the straight and narrow.

Hello, I'm Jeya and I had a heart attack and a stent put in 3 months ago. But this also brought my fibro and RA to the forefront and I having been suffering a great deal of pain. My recovery and rehab has been slower because of this, and it has been very frustrating for me. My doctor did increase my Lyrica to 300 and I'm feeling a little better. Wanted to have support and help. Thanks!

@lilgrizz

Jump to this post

Lilgrizz, you hit 'reply' under the response you want to talk to. It seems like you did it correctly.

I had a terrible fight with my insurance company getting them to cover Xtampza, but if you've tried all other options and give reasons why they don't work, they eventually give in. It seemed to work well for me. I hope it's a good answer for you.

I agree with whoever commented about the 'Opiate Epidemic', and where it leaves chronic pain patients. When the issue is discussed, we are never brought up. It is very scary!

Please sign in or register to post a reply.