Any of you heard about the inhibitor RMC-7977?

Posted by annsant @annsant, Apr 9 9:17pm

Have any of you heard from your doctors about the inhibitor RMC-7977? It will be in pill form and is not suppose to hurt healthy cells. It doesn’t kill cancer cells, but shrinks them.

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Pancreatic Cancer Support Group.

Hope I'm not duplicating info, but I found one more trial, specific to KRAS G12D:
https://clinicaltrials.gov/study/NCT05737706
Study of MRTX1133 in Patients With Advanced Solid Tumors Harboring a KRAS G12D Mutation
Recruiting at 14 sites in 11 states

Thank you Markymark for posting that study.
Here’s an excerpt I found about MRTX1133 from another journal;: “The presence of highly immunosuppressive fibrotic stroma [43.] may contribute to the limited response to immunotherapy. In preclinical models of pancreatic adenocarcinoma, treatment with KRAS-G12D inhibitor MRTX1133 resulted in alterations to the fibrotic stroma, including increasing collagen deposition and a higher abundance of myofibroblastic cancer-associated fibroblasts [44.]. These findings suggest that investigating the combination of KRAS-G12D inhibition with immunotherapy is warranted in the context of pancreatic adenocarcinoma.”

How can a patient be included in preclinical research? Will such research be conducted only in the USA? Do you know anything about expanding clinical/preclinical studies to other countries? I am from Poland and my mother suffers from pancreatic cancer. My family and I are wondering how to gain access to this medicine, this new therapy. Thank you in advance for any information

@mefiu1985

How can a patient be included in preclinical research? Will such research be conducted only in the USA? Do you know anything about expanding clinical/preclinical studies to other countries? I am from Poland and my mother suffers from pancreatic cancer. My family and I are wondering how to gain access to this medicine, this new therapy. Thank you in advance for any information

Jump to this post

From the little I have read about this inhibitor, the study is in its second stage with research being done with mice. I haven’t heard anything about human trials yet.

@annsant

From the little I have read about this inhibitor, the study is in its second stage with research being done with mice. I haven’t heard anything about human trials yet.

Jump to this post

I heard that the drug is currently in the first phase of human testing. At least that's what the articles circulating in my country say

@mefiu1985

Jump to this post

Preclinical research (or laboratory studies) refers to research about a drug or treatment for a disease before it is tested with people.
See more info here about the phases of research
- About clinical trials https://www.mayo.edu/research/clinical-trials/about-clinical-studies
- https://www.cancer.org/cancer/managing-cancer/making-treatment-decisions/clinical-trials/what-you-need-to-know/phases-of-clinical-trials.html

The early phases (phase 1 and 2) of human clinical trials usually involve small numbers of people. Phases 3 and 4 involve larger groups of people and are often conducted in multiple institutions and sometimes in multiple countries.

@mefiu1985, to find eligible clinical trials available for your mom, I would ask her oncologist.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.