Pulmonary Fibrosis*

Posted by tetreaulta5 @tetreaulta5, Feb 25, 2012

Is there any one out there that has PF?

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Lung Health Support Group.

@colleenyoung

Welcome @hlweber1 and @muskiemama, I'm glad that you have connected with others who have IPF here on Connect.

As you both have family members awaiting lung transplant, I also wanted to make you aware of the recorded webinar we have about "Interstitial Lung Disease and Lung Transplant: What Patients Need to Know" You can watch it here https://connect.mayoclinic.org/discussion/a-interstitial-lung-disease-and-lung-transplant-what-patients-need-to-know/ In the webinar, Mayo Clinic doctors Cassie Kennedy, M.D., Transplant Pulmonologist, and Teng Moua, M.D., Interstitial Lung Disease Clinic Director, discuss interstitial lung disease symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment options, including lung transplantation.

I'm also bringing @nancyligon and @kerchap into this discussion thread.

Heather - do you also have IPF? How concerned are you that you may have inherited it?
Muskiemamma - how is you husband doing? How are you?

Jump to this post

Yes, I've viewed the webinar, love Dr. Kennedy - she's on service this week. My husband is doing very well, stable and comfortable on opti-flow oxygen. Great staff on Mary Brigh 6F! I'm doing well also, we're patiently waiting for a donor gifting his miracle of more life.

@inspiration @hlweber1 @muskiemama @pd02 @powderpuf and everyone else sharing in the discussion about IPF. I thought you might be interested in joining us for a live video chat with a patient & his doctor 15 years after his lung transplant.

See more information here: https://connect.mayoclinic.org/discussion/on-facebook-live-patient-surgeon-chat-15-years-post-lung-transplant/ Feel free to post your questions before the chat so Richard and Dr. Keller can consider them before the chat.

Thanks Colleen! We're striving for 15 years too ... my husband recieved a bilateral lung transplant yesterday, July 5. So thankful for the medical teams at Mayo and our hero, his donor.

@muskiemama

Thanks Colleen! We're striving for 15 years too ... my husband recieved a bilateral lung transplant yesterday, July 5. So thankful for the medical teams at Mayo and our hero, his donor.

Jump to this post

@muskiemama oh my goodness. Your message just gave me goosebumps. I can't believe the timing. He had the transplant only yesterday? I'm so happy for you and your husband. So begins day 1 of your next 15, 20, 25+ years. Thank you for telling me.

Please join me, @rosemarya and others in the Transplant group and share your story! https://connect.mayoclinic.org/group/transplants/

@muskiemama

Jump to this post

Yes, just yesterday - the greatest gift of all, a second chance. Overwhelmed today with thoughts of his donor/family and so deeply grateful. Hubby is doing well.

@muskiemama

Jump to this post

Beautiful news!!! This is wonderful!! I'm happy for both you and your husband. I can feel the happiness, joy, and relief myself as I recall that special moment myself. I am glad your husband is doing well. And now maybe you can get a good night's rest!! Our organ donors are the real heroes in today's world. God bless them and their families for giving life. Thank you for sharing this glorious news!!
Rosemary (liver/kidney 2009)

@muskiemama

Jump to this post

Colleen, I had registered for the chat but then missed it due to being with my husband as he took his first walk - he lapped the ICU :-). Will this be archived?

@muskiemama

Jump to this post

You didn't miss it @muskiemama. The video Q&A is on July 22 (and it will be archived for viewing later). Good that you registered for it. You'll get a reminder 1 day and 1 hour before the chat goes live.

Congrats on the first walk about the ICU! What a champ. When does he get his room upgrade out of ICU?

@muskiemama

Jump to this post

Oh my gosh, somehow I thought it was today! He just got kicked out of the ICU, bed needed for a sicker patient :-). Life is good indeed!

@muskiemama

Jump to this post

I'm not surprised you got muddled with the date. You've got a lot of things going on. It's just so exciting that they are all such good things today. Happy moving day.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.