Prior to surgery, I got some excellent recommendations on this forum about how to prepare for breast surgery. Now that surgery is over, I will start chemo in about 4 weeks.
I am asking for any advice on what I can do in next 4 weeks to prepare my body for chemo.
Couple things I thought of was getting a flu shot and visiting dentist for a checkup and cleaning. I want to do anything I can to prevent an illness / infection over the next 6 months.
• Diagnosed with Invasive ductal carcinoma (IDC) in one breast and one lymph nodes in March 2018.
• Took Anastrozole from April to Sept to reduce tumor. The tumor did decrease in size.
• Surgery first week in Sept 2018 – Lumpectomy and removal of two lymph nodes that were positive for cancer.
• Surgery went extremely well and felt back to normal within days with very little pain.
• Final classification T2, N1, M0 / Stage IIB
Plan going forward:
• 3-4 weeks to heal from surgery
• Adriamycin Cytoxan for 4 cycles followed by weekly paclitaxel for 12 weeks (total 5 months chemo)
• 3-4 weeks after chemo will do radiation for 5 weeks.