Omron NE-U100 have you used it?

Posted by irenea8 @irenea8, 2 days ago

I purchased the Omron NE-U100 mesh nebulizer but have not used it yet. On their website (Omron's) the reviews were terrible. I called customer support with a few questions but the help was beyond unprofessional and uninformed. Has anyone used this particular unit for saline or medication? Thanks if you have any feedback!

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the MAC & Bronchiectasis Support Group.

irenea8, one of those terrible reviews was mine! The unit itself is unreliable. If you are willing to spend a few hours/days, you might be able get the hang of what makes the unit tick - when it feels like it. Mine would run for a bit and then stop and then run again if I tipped it a certain way, then stop again, etc. And you already have a good idea of what kind of help or recourse I received from Omron. I had never written a bad review in my life, but considering people are putting their breathing in the hands of this machine, I felt compelled. I ended up purchasing a Pari Trek S portable nebulizer and have been very pleased. The Omron sits in its case unused.

@pled

irenea8, one of those terrible reviews was mine! The unit itself is unreliable. If you are willing to spend a few hours/days, you might be able get the hang of what makes the unit tick - when it feels like it. Mine would run for a bit and then stop and then run again if I tipped it a certain way, then stop again, etc. And you already have a good idea of what kind of help or recourse I received from Omron. I had never written a bad review in my life, but considering people are putting their breathing in the hands of this machine, I felt compelled. I ended up purchasing a Pari Trek S portable nebulizer and have been very pleased. The Omron sits in its case unused.

Jump to this post

Thank you! The instruction says you are supposed to tip it at an angle (to immerse in the medication) if it stops working and also in the beginning of use. Seems very fussy just to read about it. I am starting a new treatment and was considering using it but not now! It was expensive but I will just keep it for emergency use since it has batteries. I also have the pari Trek with the battery pack for that purpose. I wish I had read the reviews before I got it! Thanks again.

@irenea8

Thank you! The instruction says you are supposed to tip it at an angle (to immerse in the medication) if it stops working and also in the beginning of use. Seems very fussy just to read about it. I am starting a new treatment and was considering using it but not now! It was expensive but I will just keep it for emergency use since it has batteries. I also have the pari Trek with the battery pack for that purpose. I wish I had read the reviews before I got it! Thanks again.

Jump to this post

Maybe you can return it? I looked up the price $1000 - wow.

FWIW I've been happy with the eRapid/eFlow by Pari. It's been around for a while and over time has been price reduced. With an extra discount during a special it was around $600. Still pricey, I know, but for something I need to work and rely on it was worth it. Very light, very portable. Runs on batteries or plug in. It leaves behind 1mL of solution and there is loss while nebbing, unlike aeroeclipse. Definitely a trade off but it has its place in my arsenal. I use the Pari eFlow when traveling, when time is running short, or if I need an extra neb from time to time.

I believe some of the MAC or pseudo inhaled drugs require it. Drugs companies have rebranded it to use with their pharmaceutical and sometimes provide nebulizer and drug together.

@scoop

Maybe you can return it? I looked up the price $1000 - wow.

FWIW I've been happy with the eRapid/eFlow by Pari. It's been around for a while and over time has been price reduced. With an extra discount during a special it was around $600. Still pricey, I know, but for something I need to work and rely on it was worth it. Very light, very portable. Runs on batteries or plug in. It leaves behind 1mL of solution and there is loss while nebbing, unlike aeroeclipse. Definitely a trade off but it has its place in my arsenal. I use the Pari eFlow when traveling, when time is running short, or if I need an extra neb from time to time.

I believe some of the MAC or pseudo inhaled drugs require it. Drugs companies have rebranded it to use with their pharmaceutical and sometimes provide nebulizer and drug together.

Jump to this post

Oh goodness Scoop not sure what you are looking at! I would never pay that much! It was around $100 which is bad enough since I may never use it.

Hi pari track. How strong is it? I am considering buying it but with the battery is is around $200 and the battery warranty is only 6 months. Just buttery is $136. I wonder how often and how many months have you used it.

@lilianna

Hi pari track. How strong is it? I am considering buying it but with the battery is is around $200 and the battery warranty is only 6 months. Just buttery is $136. I wonder how often and how many months have you used it.

Jump to this post

Pari Trek: I have it as back up if the electricity were to go out. I have only used it once or twice. It is not very strong but better than nothing in that situation.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.