National Jewish Health Patient Conference tomorrow’4/27

Posted by becleartoday @becleartoday, Apr 26 5:19am

Are you all set for the National Jewish Health Bronchiectasis and NTM Patient Conference tomorrow, Saturday, April 27th? I know I am!

While the agenda includes discussions on NTM lung disease, you can skip those sessions if they don’t apply to you. Instead, tune into topics like bronchiectasis, nutrition, and airway clearance.

For those struggling with being underweight, Michelle MacDonald, the nutrition supervisor at NJH, will share invaluable tips to help you gain healthy pounds. Maintaining a BMI above 18.5 is linked to a better prognosis and being underweight might exclude you from certain clinical trials.

To register for tomorrow’s conference, click here:

https://www.nationaljewish.org/NTMPatient2024

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the MAC & Bronchiectasis Support Group.

Looks interesting and apropos! Thank you for posting. @becleartoday -- If you have signed up in years past and paid the conference fee in what form do the materials you have access to afterwards look like? Youtube recordings? I'm not crazy about giving up a Saturday in spring to sit in front of the computer. I know the trade off would be not be able to ask questions. That said, I'm good friends with the speed setting on YouTube videos!

I hear you! I actually listen while I’m taking a walk. I like to listen live because of the questions at the end. I find them very helpful and I’m not sure they’re included with the recording. With that said there will be a recording available at some point.

Yes I signed up two days ago and I have not been sent a link to participate. Strange.

You can reach out to this email and perhaps they can send it to you:
proed@njhealth.org

@becleartoday

You can reach out to this email and perhaps they can send it to you:
proed@njhealth.org

Jump to this post

Thank you so much for posting the info. On its website under Bronchiectasis Treatment Program ---
it says:
National Jewish Health doctors have evaluated and treated bronchiectasis for decades. Currently, National Jewish Health scientists are investigating new treatments for bronchiectasis. They are also pursuing aggressive treatment programs designed to minimize or prevent the occurrence of bronchiectasis.
I wonder what new treatments and aggressive treatment programs do they mean. If they mentioned it at the conference.
Ling

Here is a slide. The conference focused more on NTM

He mentioned several clinical trials and provided this slide.

Thank you so much for having shared the link. I learned many new things today!

In reply to @becleartoday "Me too!!:)" + (show)
@becleartoday

Me too!!:)

Jump to this post

When you have time it would be interesting to share what we learned!

Please sign in or register to post a reply.