My bp is 106/67 this morning Is that low? I’m feeling dizzy and nauseo

Posted by gj77 @gj77, May 12 3:45am

Been feeling off balance for one week. Nausea this morning

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Heart & Blood Health Support Group.

Drink fluids and let yourself stabilize going from sitting to standing etc. i dont know your normal BP so it may be low for you. I frequently have low bp in that range but have learned how to deal with it.

@pb50

Drink fluids and let yourself stabilize going from sitting to standing etc. i dont know your normal BP so it may be low for you. I frequently have low bp in that range but have learned how to deal with it.

Jump to this post

I run 110/67 and nurse said that is normal.

@andytheman

Jump to this post

My nurse moonlights in the ER and said she forgets what normal BP is until she takes one like mine 🙂

@andytheman

Jump to this post

Thank you very much for your reply. I’m 41 and have always had slightly low blood pressure. I rarely have any symptoms.
It’s just the unsteadiness this last week and feeling nauseous this morning.
If it doesn’t improve this week I’ll get checked out.
Thanks again 😊

@gj77

Thank you very much for your reply. I’m 41 and have always had slightly low blood pressure. I rarely have any symptoms.
It’s just the unsteadiness this last week and feeling nauseous this morning.
If it doesn’t improve this week I’ll get checked out.
Thanks again 😊

Jump to this post

low bp is a a good thing doctors say... mine 110 78

There is such a think as too-low BP, and it does make people feel unsteady, faint (syncope, said as SINK oh pee), short of breath (dyspnea, DISP knee ah), and anxious. It could be many things, from heart arrythmia to valve not closing properly to low pulse....many possibilities. But, most of us live 'well' almost all the time. When something changes, especially for the worse, that's a sign that bears some investigation. I would counsel you to seek medical attention sooner rather than hoping this goes away. It MAY actually do that, but don't be surprised if it comes back, and maybe worse than before.

My blood pressure was lower than yours, @g77. I used to get dizzy when I stood up from a sitting position. My doctor told me to increase my intake of salt. It worked. My BP went up about 10 points and no more dizziness. Of course, you need to check with your doctor.

Hey, I'm on several blood pressure meds and my BP fluctuates. From what I've been told, it depends on the person. That number may be ok for someone and then too low for the next person.Id probably continue to monitor it for sure, but with those symptoms I'd probably address it with the prescribing physician or nurse. May be as simple as a medication adjustment.

If dizziness occurs only on standing up especially standing up fast, it could be because of low BP, which drops further on standing up. Has your BP has always been around that figure, if yes, dizziness can't be because of low BP. Do you have any problems in ears such as ringing, pain or deafness, do you feel dizzy when lying down or changing side or sitting up from lying position, if yes it could be benign positioning vertigo. If you have true rotational vertigo, it can't be low BP but some inner ear problem. One more thing I don't think low BP can cause nausea.

I’ve been to my doctor and she asked me to do a few different exercises/ eye movements etc. I have vertigo. She thinks it’s inner ear and caused by a virus. Thankfully it’s improving daily so I should be back to normal soon.
Thank you all for your messages 😊

Please sign in or register to post a reply.