Living with Neuropathy - Welcome to the group

Welcome to the Neuropathy group.
This is a welcoming, safe place where you can meet other people who are dealing with neuropathy. Let’s learn from each other and share stories about living well with neuropathy, coping with the challenges and offering tips.

I’m Colleen, and I’m the moderator of this group, and Community Director of Connect. Chances are you’ll to be greeted by volunteer patient Mentor John (@johnbishop) and fellow members when you post to this group. Learn more about Moderators and Mentors on Connect.

We look forward to welcoming you and introducing you to other members. Feel free to browse the topics or start a new one.
Let’s chat. Why not start by introducing yourself? What concerns would you like to talk about?

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Neuropathy Support Group.

@faithwalker007

I have epilepsy and I’ve had seizure activity since I was 14 although my neurologist then never told my parents. I discovered it when I started professional pharmacy school (the first year when I was a junior at university at Laramie). I had my first grand mal seizure in our kitchen and my 4 year old son found me after hearing my head hit the counter and my land on the floor and begin seizing. He then ran to my husband and he called 911.
I barely passed pharmacy school after that because of all the experimentation and reactions to seizure medications over the course of the next two years. But I did it!

Jump to this post

@faithwalker007
I'd like to invite you to join the Seizure/Epilepsy discussions. Your knowledge would be helpful to many. I hope you consider joining us.
https://connect.mayoclinic.org/group/epilepsy-2bb359/
Take care,
Jake

@jakedduck1

@faithwalker007
I'd like to invite you to join the Seizure/Epilepsy discussions. Your knowledge would be helpful to many. I hope you consider joining us.
https://connect.mayoclinic.org/group/epilepsy-2bb359/
Take care,
Jake

Jump to this post

I will join. I'm not sure what I can offer, but I'll do what I can.

@faithwalker007

Yes. I tried one in the past that didn’t help me and actually gave me headaches and then with my doctor’s permission, tried again.
I consulted my pharmacist and am now using one that is Pharmacist grade and made, every batch third party tested for strength and quality.
It’s made by zova and information can be found at zovacbd.com

Jump to this post

@greeneyes55, & @faithwalker007
I'm currently on medical cannabis myself & unlike most people I get slight euphoric effects from taking CBD oil content. But I do not get euphoric effects from higher THC ratios. So as you see this type of medication does not effect everyone the same. I do not take any opiate's & I have multiple levels of herniated discs & spinal stenosis & a cracked sacrum, and I'm really in bad physical shape currently awaiting to move from my 5th floor walk-up Apt so I can get my knee replacement surgery. Due to Covid no Surgeon will allow me to re-coup in a nursing home.
My point being it's not what type of CBD company you get it from it is made of hemp. But if it helps you that's your choice. However most of us serious chronic pain issue's & other health issue's people who do not get enough RELEIF from balms & creams or store or Phmcy Hemp products, we rely on Medical cannabis oil and I have learned how to mix it with pure cocoa butter & Frankincense oil with my High CBD Cannabis oil that has about more pure cannaboids that help relieve pain & certain properties that helps me relax my anxiety issue's. The amount of THC in these types of oils or tinctures when applied topically can not give you any euphoric effects or go into your bloodstream. So please understand that the way you ingest these products make a difference in the effects you receive & also we are all different what works for you may not work for me & vice a versa. I take capsule form for my chronic pain issue's & lately I find that I'm able to tolerate up to 5mg THC/ & 5mg of CBD in a ratio of 1:1 like at evening time & it gets rid of my pain even better. But I had to do it very slowly over 5yrs to build my tolerance. Also not many people will tell you to have a piece of 🧀 cheese or an 🥑 avocado to help your body absorb the Cannaboids best absorbed into your body. Always eat something b4 intake.

I wish you well. Feel better life is ever changing what happens now may be a memory in a few years some better some worse. But we survive. Stay well.

@msstoppainnagginme

I'm currently on medical cannabis myself & unlike most people I get slight euphoric effects from taking CBD oil content. But I do not get euphoric effects from higher THC ratios. So as you see this type of medication does not effect everyone the same. I do not take any opiate's & I have multiple levels of herniated discs & spinal stenosis & a cracked sacrum, and I'm really in bad physical shape currently awaiting to move from my 5th floor walk-up Apt so I can get my knee replacement surgery. Due to Covid no Surgeon will allow me to re-coup in a nursing home.
My point being it's not what type of CBD company you get it from it is made of hemp. But if it helps you that's your choice. However most of us serious chronic pain issue's & other health issue's people who do not get enough RELEIF from balms & creams or store or Phmcy Hemp products, we rely on Medical cannabis oil and I have learned how to mix it with pure cocoa butter & Frankincense oil with my High CBD Cannabis oil that has about more pure cannaboids that help relieve pain & certain properties that helps me relax my anxiety issue's. The amount of THC in these types of oils or tinctures when applied topically can not give you any euphoric effects or go into your bloodstream. So please understand that the way you ingest these products make a difference in the effects you receive & also we are all different what works for you may not work for me & vice a versa. I take capsule form for my chronic pain issue's & lately I find that I'm able to tolerate up to 5mg THC/ & 5mg of CBD in a ratio of 1:1 like at evening time & it gets rid of my pain even better. But I had to do it very slowly over 5yrs to build my tolerance. Also not many people will tell you to have a piece of 🧀 cheese or an 🥑 avocado to help your body absorb the Cannaboids best absorbed into your body. Always eat something b4 intake.

I wish you well. Feel better life is ever changing what happens now may be a memory in a few years some better some worse. But we survive. Stay well.

Jump to this post

@msstoppainnagginme, Good evening. Thank you for the post explaining the difference between cannabis and hemp. I, too have never used opioids for managing my pain.....just a medical cannabis tincture....2:1 if I am just lying around under COVID house arrest. I am too old to go out. I also worked up to a !:! after time. I use that dosage when I have to be alert for my work on Connect.

I am interested in your special concoction with cocoa butter and Frankincense. I use another essential oil, Adaptive for my neuropathic itch. So...it has been five years for me also. I learned so much from the dispensary folks and a couple of nurse friends. It does take time. And your body does become more tolerable of the higher dosages over time. I have always tried to have something on the tummy when I medicate.

My best to you. Please stay in touch if you have more to share from your discoveries.
May you be free of suffering and the causes of suffering.
Chris

@msstoppainnagginme

Jump to this post

The thing that I have heard in these few posts about cannabis oil usage is your statement that "we are all different what works for you may not work for me & vice a versa". I think that is the one recurrent theme that everyone comes back to over and over again in this forum. It seems that for most people trial and error is how they arrive at what helps them, if anything does help them. Perhaps a product with THC turns out to be just the ticket for one, and a product with zero THC turns out to be it for another. I have not noticed that there is much of any rhyme or reason why something works for one and not another.

I suggest always taking any blanket statements made by anyone with a large grain of salt. That works for me anyway, but maybe it won't work for you. And maybe you'd rather try pepper. It's up to you. See what works. 😉 Best, Hank

@artscaping

@msstoppainnagginme, Good evening. Thank you for the post explaining the difference between cannabis and hemp. I, too have never used opioids for managing my pain.....just a medical cannabis tincture....2:1 if I am just lying around under COVID house arrest. I am too old to go out. I also worked up to a !:! after time. I use that dosage when I have to be alert for my work on Connect.

I am interested in your special concoction with cocoa butter and Frankincense. I use another essential oil, Adaptive for my neuropathic itch. So...it has been five years for me also. I learned so much from the dispensary folks and a couple of nurse friends. It does take time. And your body does become more tolerable of the higher dosages over time. I have always tried to have something on the tummy when I medicate.

My best to you. Please stay in touch if you have more to share from your discoveries.
May you be free of suffering and the causes of suffering.
Chris

Jump to this post

Hello, I too, use Frankinsence. I take it sublingually. I also take DDR Prime which is a cellular complex and a product called Deep Blue, which is a polyphenol complex. Been on both for 4 months and have seen a difference in my neuropathy. As all have been stating, different meds work differently for all. I'm trying everything I can. The neuropathy hits me at night only right now and had lessened with the discomfort. Hoping it stays that way.

In reply to @faithwalker007 "Uh... why?" + (show)
@faithwalker007

Uh... why?

Jump to this post

@faithwalker007 everything you deal with and manage to maintain mental acuity

@bustrbrwn22

@faithwalker007 everything you deal with and manage to maintain mental acuity

Jump to this post

That mental acuity is only when the pain is pushed to the back, distracted, I can’t do that all the time and I wish I could. I would kill someone if I practiced my beloved profession in a pharmacy today. I would kill someone if I consulted. That’s why I don’t. I simply rely on the knowledge I have and know to place me and my family and friends in a position of power and security when making decisions about healthcare - liberty and livelihood.
I’m an author and writer which makes putting my thoughts onto paper much easier than if you were standing in front of me. Lol believe me, if that was the case, it would be a whole different story.
CRPS has stolen my ability to learn, to concentrate, to stand, to sit, and even to stay awake for very long or sleep for longer. But I love my life. Why?
Because of people like you.

@jesfactsmon

The thing that I have heard in these few posts about cannabis oil usage is your statement that "we are all different what works for you may not work for me & vice a versa". I think that is the one recurrent theme that everyone comes back to over and over again in this forum. It seems that for most people trial and error is how they arrive at what helps them, if anything does help them. Perhaps a product with THC turns out to be just the ticket for one, and a product with zero THC turns out to be it for another. I have not noticed that there is much of any rhyme or reason why something works for one and not another.

I suggest always taking any blanket statements made by anyone with a large grain of salt. That works for me anyway, but maybe it won't work for you. And maybe you'd rather try pepper. It's up to you. See what works. 😉 Best, Hank

Jump to this post

@jesfactsmon Hello Hank,
It's not that I haven't tried other forms of medication and I have been on super strong opiate's myself. But I took my meds as directed & something changed over time, my medications were making me hurt even more, this happened before the cut-offs & I decided to find a different pain mgmt Dr. & I got off all the opiate's my body was having severe reactions of nausea, brain fog, excessive sweating, my body, mind & soul was being drained, and slowly getting really bad. It started to be unbearable to get out of bed daily.
I suffer like everyone who posts here. We are here to show support to 1another & our own experiences with certain medications, whether they help some ppl is not a magic fix, it's a science. We are all different in the sense of how our bodies react to certain medications & pepper helps with pain too. It's not a 1size fits all.

@faithwalker007

That mental acuity is only when the pain is pushed to the back, distracted, I can’t do that all the time and I wish I could. I would kill someone if I practiced my beloved profession in a pharmacy today. I would kill someone if I consulted. That’s why I don’t. I simply rely on the knowledge I have and know to place me and my family and friends in a position of power and security when making decisions about healthcare - liberty and livelihood.
I’m an author and writer which makes putting my thoughts onto paper much easier than if you were standing in front of me. Lol believe me, if that was the case, it would be a whole different story.
CRPS has stolen my ability to learn, to concentrate, to stand, to sit, and even to stay awake for very long or sleep for longer. But I love my life. Why?
Because of people like you.

Jump to this post

@faithwalker007 I overdid some menial tasks this am so now am ramping up to a 9 in pain. Stupid my own fault. So sifting through emails and was looking at job postings and denigrating myself for jobs I’ll never be able to have again but that I used to be able to. It’s like mourning a death that never stops. Going down a downward spiral and I happened upon your response. I am shedding tears and some pain along with it. Thank you for reading and responding. Your family and friends are lucky indeed.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.