Liver transplant - Let's support each other

Posted by lmctif @lmctif, Oct 29, 2018

What topics do people who are waiting for a liver transplant want to talk about? Who has had a liver transplant and wants to talk about?

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Transplants Support Group.

@dolson916

I made it. I just donated my left liver lobe. June 29th, 2022

Jump to this post

@dolson916 You did it! Thank you and congratulations for your life saving gift 💚 of partial liver donation.
My head is spinning, as I realize that today is June 30...and you donated on June 29...that was yesterday!
I am happy happy happy for you and the recipient.

Living liver donation is a topic that needs to be shared in it's own special place here on Connect. I want to ask you to add this announcement to your previous discussion where it can serve as inspiration and encouragement for potential donor.
https://connect.mayoclinic.org/discussion/process-of-being-a-live-liver-donor/

@dolson916, I have so many questions and I want to hear your story. I'll be looking forward to meeting you again in the living donor discussion.

@dolson916

I made it. I just donated my left liver lobe. June 29th, 2022

Jump to this post

I've been reading your posts and want to congratulate you and offer thanks for such a wonderful act of love.

My husband is finally starting to settle down 4 months after TIPs procedure. His ascites has reduced greatly although not completely. He did have accute Edema in his whole leg area but that is also under control now after diuretics. His amonia level has gone up though and I was wondering besides lactulose 3 times a day and Xifaxan is there anything else I can give him to control this as the last couple of days he is not quite present and his co-ordination is a bit off, especially at night. Are there any natural food he should take like citrus or coconut water? Are these effective for TIPs patients?

@arqui02000, I want to invite you to this discussion group where I have located a conversation among several members about TIPS procedure. You will need to scroll backwards or go to page 91 (see the order and page listings at top of this page) where where @marinab introduced questions about TIPS on Jan. 28, 2022.
Members may or may not be on-line, but you can read about what they have experienced.

@btg

Thanks, Rosemary. I do exercise six days a week, usually 1.5 to 2 hour walks as early as I can in the morning. Per my Doc, my diet is fairly strict as my sodium level is still low, but, I can have cheat days. Tonight, is my cheat night! Still eat healthy but it tastes better, and some ice cream later.

See, there are already things to look forward to.

Be well and safe,

Bryan

Jump to this post

Bryan keep doing exercise that really help me and still helping me after 30 month of liver transplant

Flu Season is here - and - In case you overlooked this New Transplant Blog post... Here is Information for you and for your family and friends:

A Challenging Flu Season Ahead: https://connect.mayoclinic.org/blog/transplant/newsfeed-post/a-challenging-flu-season-ahead/

Have you gotten your flu vaccine yet?

@rosemarya

Flu Season is here - and - In case you overlooked this New Transplant Blog post... Here is Information for you and for your family and friends:

A Challenging Flu Season Ahead: https://connect.mayoclinic.org/blog/transplant/newsfeed-post/a-challenging-flu-season-ahead/

Jump to this post

Got my flu shot vaccine yesterday! ☺️

@racing212

Thanks, I'll be going back in the fall for More tests

Jump to this post

@racing212, how are you doing?

@colleenyoung

@racing212, how are you doing?

Jump to this post

I'm doing ok, was at mayo in September and they said my liver is getting worse and I go back in January

@rosemarya

Jump to this post

rosemary do you know anyone has received a SECOND TRANSPLANT?

Please sign in or register to post a reply.