Let’s Go Walking! Join me for a virtual walking support group

Posted by Becky, Volunteer Mentor @becsbuddy, Feb 19, 2020

Many of you living with cancer or an autoimmune disease, like me, deal with daily fatigue. You know that exercise is so important to your health, but it’s so hard. There’s always an excuse: it’s too cold or hot, it’s going to rain or it’s raining, or it’s snowy and icy, or I just don’t want to. I, too, have all these excuses, but I have a new rescue dog who wants to go out and who doesn’t care about my excuses! And I’ve got traction devices for my boots.Now I just need a walking group who will keep me accountable. People who say, ‘let’s go for a walk.'

And I thought: What about my virtual friends on MayoClinicConnect?

Mayo Clinic has an easy 12-week walking program to get us started! Here’s the link:
- Get walking with this 12-week walking schedule https://newsnetwork.mayoclinic.org/discussion/get-walking-with-this-12-week-walking-schedule/

So let’s form a virtual walking group. We can agree to walk every day and encourage each other through Connect. We can walk outdoors, in a mall, or in the red center, or in the hallways of our apartment building.

Who’s in? Who’s going to join me?

Come on, Let’s Go Walking!

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Just Want to Talk Support Group.

@becsbuddy
Walking 3 miles takes motivation like walking to get candy in Santa Cruz, Ca and then walk along beach eating it then back for more. Timing is crucial, don’t want to run out but I mastered that issue.
Take care,
Jake

@jakedduck1

@becsbuddy
Walking 3 miles takes motivation like walking to get candy in Santa Cruz, Ca and then walk along beach eating it then back for more. Timing is crucial, don’t want to run out but I mastered that issue.
Take care,
Jake

Jump to this post

Hey @jakedduck1 , and @becsbuddy , Let's see if this new website works? I haven't received any emails since the upgrade. Is that how it's supposed to work?

@Erinmfs

Hey @jakedduck1 , and @becsbuddy , Let's see if this new website works? I haven't received any emails since the upgrade. Is that how it's supposed to work?

Jump to this post

Hi and good morning @Erinmfs . The update is great once you are in! Did you get the Daily Digest this morning? Open it to one of the groups you follow. You’ll see, on the right side a box that says ‘Spotlight’ get to know the new connect. Open that and it should answer all of your questions. Happy “new Connect day!”

@Erinmfs

Jump to this post

@Erinmfs
Not working for me.
I get fatal error messages.
May be my phone settings who knows. No emails for me either.
I was looking up members only a few on a page then you have to hit next or whatever and takes forever and over 6,000 pages. It's like that other places too. Low rating in my opinion unless it's my phone settings.

@jakedduck1

@Erinmfs
Not working for me.
I get fatal error messages.
May be my phone settings who knows. No emails for me either.
I was looking up members only a few on a page then you have to hit next or whatever and takes forever and over 6,000 pages. It's like that other places too. Low rating in my opinion unless it's my phone settings.

Jump to this post

I see, I have errors too. I sent one to Colleen just now, on notifications. I see notifications show (if you @Erinmfs me) up on the home screen now, not in an email?

Tried to search. It changed my words.
Typed in Effexor and it changes to
Edge of
I typed in another word and 71 matches came up but all in a thread I wasn't interested in and without the word I was searching for.
Jake

@Erinmfs
I still have a post from yesterday trying to post
Jake

@jakedduck1

@Erinmfs
I still have a post from yesterday trying to post
Jake

Jump to this post

This post is from my smartphone! Smartphone seems to work.

@Erinmfs

This post is from my smartphone! Smartphone seems to work.

Jump to this post

I’m out for a walk, talking to my shoes 🙂

@jakedduck1

Tried to search. It changed my words.
Typed in Effexor and it changes to
Edge of
I typed in another word and 71 matches came up but all in a thread I wasn't interested in and without the word I was searching for.
Jake

Jump to this post

Jake @jakedduck1 - I think your phone might be doing autocorrect on what you type. Just did this search and found results.

https://connect.mayoclinic.org/search/?search=Effexor+
Please sign in or register to post a reply.