Chronic Microvascular Ischemic Disease

Posted by JanaShay13 @janashay13, Oct 2, 2022

I just had a brain mri in August of 2022 and i was diagnose with Chronic Microvascular Ischemic but i had it 10yrs ago but it has increase since then. I'm drooping things I have memory loss and forgetting with right side weakness and dumbness. My Neuro said I had small stroke (TIA) I just turn 50 in August. I'm very scared right now and very confused.

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Stroke & Cerebrovascular Diseases Support Group.

I have been experimenting with ginkgo biloba for circulation. Not sure how it will work?

@tcainaru

I have been experimenting with ginkgo biloba for circulation. Not sure how it will work?

Jump to this post

Be careful. Per the Mayo website:

Ginkgo might interfere with the management of diabetes. If you take ginkgo and have diabetes, closely monitor your blood sugar levels.

Keith

I read the Mayoclinic site to your advice. I will only take the aspirin for circulation. Just looking for something else to help. Every morning when I get up I am light headed and feel weak. I can not seam to get away from it.

Never heard of coffee having a problem? I have symptom of it in which I am trying to adapt to is this light headed feeling when get up in the morning. Also having vision problems that I wonder if MVD is causing?

@tcainaru

Never heard of coffee having a problem? I have symptom of it in which I am trying to adapt to is this light headed feeling when get up in the morning. Also having vision problems that I wonder if MVD is causing?

Jump to this post

My doctor's seem to agree that one cup of coffee per day is OK. I don't drink caffeinated sodas. I suppose that if MVD impacts blood flow to areas of the brain associated with occular nerves it could affect vision, but I haven't seen it as a major complication/complaint. Having said that I am scheduling an eye doctor appointment, but suspect any changes are just age related.

@keithl56

My doctor's seem to agree that one cup of coffee per day is OK. I don't drink caffeinated sodas. I suppose that if MVD impacts blood flow to areas of the brain associated with occular nerves it could affect vision, but I haven't seen it as a major complication/complaint. Having said that I am scheduling an eye doctor appointment, but suspect any changes are just age related.

Jump to this post

Morning is the worst, feel light headed and weak. Been to numerous Dr's the past year, none of them knew what the cause was. Is it MVD? What can we do to increase the circulation other then exercise?
I am 71 and want this not to progress worse.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.