How about a laugh, (hopefully)

Posted by Leonard @jakedduck1, Dec 31, 2018

I believe laughter is the best medicine. Laughter has actually been scientifically proven to help people with depression issues.
Let’s give it a try so we can all get happy and feel better. Many Epilepsy forums I’ve been on had joke sections. I was probably the biggest joke of all since I didn’t get a lot of the jokes. They said the jokes couldn’t be above 4th grade level for me to understand them so my jokes may be rather simplistic but let’s give it a try.
Have a lovely day everyone,
Jake

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Just Want to Talk Support Group.

@jakedduck1

"A wife got so mad at her husband she packed his bags and told him to get out. As he walked to the door she yelled, 'I hope you die a long, slow, painful death.' He turned around and
said, 'So, you want me to stay?'"

Jump to this post

Sounds like a stay of execution .....

I'm so glad I found this site. It's a daily chuckle.

How funny! Some or most of them are hilarious!

Dr: "Do you smoke or drink alcohol?
Patient: I drink it.

@jakedduck1

One dark night in Dublin a fire started inside the local chemical plant.
In a blink of an eye it exploded into massive flames. The alarm went out to all the fire departments for miles around.

When the fire fighters appeared on the scene, the chemical company president rushed to the fireman in charge and said, “All our secret formulas are in the vault in the centre of the plant. They must be saved. I will give 50,000 euro to the fire department that brings them out intact.”

But the roaring flames held the fire-fighters off.

Soon more fire departments had to be called in as the situation became desperate. As the firemen arrived, the president shouted out that the offer was now 100,000 euro to the fire station who could bring out the company’s secret files.

But still the fire fighters could not get through.

From the distance, a lone siren was heard as another fire truck came into sight. It was the nearby rural township volunteer fire brigade, composed mainly of old men over 65. To everyone’s amazement, that little run-down fire engine roared right past all the newer sleek engines that were parked outside the plant. Without even slowing down it drove straight into the middle of the inferno.

Outside, the other firemen watched as the old timers jumped off right in the middle of the fire and fought it back on all sides.

It was a performance and effort never seen before.

Within a short time, the old timers had extinguished the fire and had saved the secret formulas.

The grateful chemical company president announced that for such a superhuman feat he was upping the reward to 200,000 euro and walked over to personally thank each of the brave fire fighters.

The local TV station caught the thank you on film and asked the chief, “What are you going to do with all that money?”

“Well,” said Paddy, the 70-year-old fire chief, “the first thing we’re gonna do is fix the brakes on that bloody fire truck.”
Jake

Jump to this post

Love it thank you! Yes! Jokes are the way to go! I like corny ! Thank you ! I hope all is well with you and keep sharing!!

@itchyd

Sounds like a stay of execution .....

Jump to this post

Reminds me of this one:
“If you were my husband I’d put poison in your tea. If I were your husband I’d drink it.”

@seabright2001

Reminds me of this one:
“If you were my husband I’d put poison in your tea. If I were your husband I’d drink it.”

Jump to this post

Reminds me of this one:

Socrates, Rasputin and Alexei Navalny walk into a bar and the bartender says, " Hi guys, what's your poison?"

People often mistake me for an adult because of my age.

@tim1028

Dr: "Do you smoke or drink alcohol?
Patient: I drink it.

Jump to this post

Reminds me of that running gag on The Addams Family where Morticia would ask Gomez, "Do you mind if I smoke?", and when he'd say "No", she'd cross her arms and smoke would start coming out from under her dress.

@llgor

How funny! Some or most of them are hilarious!

Jump to this post

Welcome, @llgor. Come for the humor. Stay for the support. 🙂

How did you find Mayo Clinic Connect? Can I help connect you with others with similar health issues?

Please sign in or register to post a reply.