How about a laugh, (hopefully)

Posted by Leonard @jakedduck1, Dec 31, 2018

I believe laughter is the best medicine. Laughter has actually been scientifically proven to help people with depression issues.
Let’s give it a try so we can all get happy and feel better. Many Epilepsy forums I’ve been on had joke sections. I was probably the biggest joke of all since I didn’t get a lot of the jokes. They said the jokes couldn’t be above 4th grade level for me to understand them so my jokes may be rather simplistic but let’s give it a try.
Have a lovely day everyone,
Jake

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Just Want to Talk Support Group.

I just saw a support group for proState
But I'm not an antiState either... My way to fight polarization these days

(ok self-crafted on the fly, be kind with boos!)

@scottrl

Just my opinion...

Sometimes the best thing you can do is to let them know "I'm here for you when you need me," and leave it up to them.

I know that sounds awful, but really try to resist the urge to jump in and "fix" things.

Obviously, you know your family better than I do, but sometimes people have a need to work things out on their own.

Right after my wife and I got married, we had a string of serious setbacks. (For one, just 13 days after our wedding I had a knee injury that put me in a wheelchair for four months.) We never sought help from anybody; it was tough, but we worked it out just fine. We grew stronger because of it, but we're both fierce individualists.

Life is tough. Be available for them, and let them ask.

I would love to hear from others on this.

Jump to this post

@scottrl @lacy2 @sedama

We have a discussion group here on Mayo called Just Want To Talk where you will find many topics similar to yours that you might find interesting.

FL Mary

@lacy2

Friend to me: Oh you look tired today

Me: Yes, my neighbour was up pounding on my
front door at 3:00am this morning - lucky
for him I was still up, playing my bagpipes!

Jump to this post

I enjoyed your bagpipe joke so much that I wanted to "like" you twice. But, I can't. So, I gave you a hug, too!

@sisyphus

I just saw a support group for proState
But I'm not an antiState either... My way to fight polarization these days

(ok self-crafted on the fly, be kind with boos!)

Jump to this post

Groan ....

You do deserve credit for your seminal work on the elusive prostate joke. I'm gland you took a stab at it.

Keep rollin' that stone, Sisyphus!

@itchyd

Groan ....

You do deserve credit for your seminal work on the elusive prostate joke. I'm gland you took a stab at it.

Jump to this post

Oh i didnt get it, thought it was to do with USA politics...each State or ? Oops

@imallears

@scottrl @lacy2 @sedama

We have a discussion group here on Mayo called Just Want To Talk where you will find many topics similar to yours that you might find interesting.

FL Mary

Jump to this post

@ imallears. ???

@itchyd

Groan ....

Jump to this post

Pretty clever adjective ... gave me a good belly laugh.

Sometimes I think our species long lifespan is owed to our capacity to find the comic in pathos.

@lacy2

@ imallears. ???

Jump to this post

@lacy2

Didn’t mean to include you in the group text.

FL Mary

@lacy2

Oh i didnt get it, thought it was to do with USA politics...each State or ? Oops

Jump to this post

I've had prostatitis and it's no bed of roses. It was a royal pain in the patootie. Just like most politicians.

@imallears

@scottrl @lacy2 @sedama

FL Mary

Jump to this post

@scottrl @lacy2 @edema. Here is a link to the Just Want to Talk discussion. There are so
https://connect.mayoclinic.org/group/other/
Many different and interesting topics to discover!
Thank you for mentioning it @imallears

Please sign in or register to post a reply.