How about a laugh, (hopefully)

Posted by Leonard @jakedduck1, Dec 31, 2018

I believe laughter is the best medicine. Laughter has actually been scientifically proven to help people with depression issues.
Let’s give it a try so we can all get happy and feel better. Many Epilepsy forums I’ve been on had joke sections. I was probably the biggest joke of all since I didn’t get a lot of the jokes. They said the jokes couldn’t be above 4th grade level for me to understand them so my jokes may be rather simplistic but let’s give it a try.
Have a lovely day everyone,
Jake

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Just Want to Talk Support Group.

@captboat

Oops…Nothing beats a failure but a try!

Jump to this post

... thanks i was trying to figure out what you meant, and also my typo saying: chuckly - I think I invented a new word!

@lacy2

... thanks i was trying to figure out what you meant, and also my typo saying: chuckly - I think I invented a new word!

Jump to this post

Valerie,

I really like "chuckly." Good invention! Language play is fun.

Kinda like the post about auto-correct and the "funnel" being "tomato."

@annewoodmayo

LaGrange (and anybody else 🙂

Haha- And who would have thought that Prufrock would produce any laughs? Hope you didn't cut yourself with the peach! Very daring of you to eat a peach in the first place...

Here's another image from Prufrock that has a lot of potential for wit.

"I grow old...I grow old;
I shall wear the bottom of my trousers rolled."

Now that I've lost weight, I wear the top of my jeans rolled over so that they stay up! HAha.

...Ahh, this thread reminds me of when one of my fellow teachers and I would joke and discuss Eliot all day between classes when he taught Prufrock. He was in the adjoining classroom so we heard each other teaching...Boy, some days I really, really miss it.

LaGrange, thanks for keeping it going!

WARNING: This Teacher General has determined that reading T. S. Eliot is hazardous to your happiness.

Have a great day, everybody! Thanks for the laughs!

Jump to this post

Anne. your peach comments are just ... peachy. I once watched a TV episode in which a student actually sent a note to a prof using that Prufrock quote.

I wore the bottoms of my jeans rolled up for a long time, because they were too long, until I finally bought some with the right length. That quote is ... ageless.

Thank you to my great humanities professor, for highlighting the image "I have measured out my life in coffee spoons". Since then, I've always tried to avoid that kind feeling, which is why humor is so important. And I do happily brew and drink coffee.

There is a movie "Tom and Viv" about Eliot and his wife. It's interesting but not at all good for laughs.

Anne, the English teacher in you has revealed a fount of puns, double meanings. and humor. These are great groans and ha ha's,

My friend, Jack, can communicate with vegetables.

Jack and the beans talk.

I don't know if you all have See's candy stores in your area, but it's my fave. I love their lollipops that last a long time for few calories. If you buy 30, you get a discount so one day I decided to buy 30. The guy working there said, "Just so you know, the lollipops are only good for 4 months." I guess he thought I wouldn't eat them fast enough. I said, "Don't worry, they may be able to live for 4 months in the wild, but in captivity they don't live nearly that long."

Not many people know that Yoda had a last name. It was LayHeeHoo!

Where do bad rainbows go? Prism. It's a light sentence and gives them time to reflect.

I have a horse named Mayo. And sometimes Mayo neighs. (Sorry, couldn't resist stealing this from Louie Blue Coat.)

A cowboy, who just moved to Montana from Texas, walks into a bar and orders three mugs of Bud.
He sits in the back of the room, drinking a sip out of each one in turn.
When he finishes them, he comes back to the bar and orders three more.
The bartender approaches and tells the cowboy,
"You know, a mug goes flat after I draw it.
It would taste better if you bought one at a time."
The cowboy replies, "Well, you see, I have two brothers.
One is in Arizona, the other is in Colorado.
When we all left our home in Texas, we promised that we'd drink this way to remember the days when we drank together.
So I'm drinking one beer for each of my brothers and one for myself."
The bartender admits that this is a nice custom, and leaves it there.
The cowboy becomes a regular in the bar, and always drinks the same way.
He orders three mugs and drinks them in turn.
One day, he comes in and only orders two mugs.
All the regulars take notice and fall silent.
When he comes back to the bar for the second round, the bartender says, "I don't want to intrude on your grief, but I wanted to offer my
condolences on your loss."
The cowboy looks quite puzzled for a moment, then a light dawns in his eyes and he laughs.
"Oh, no, everybody's just fine," he explains.
"It's just that my wife and I joined the Baptist Church and I had to quit drinking."
“It hasn't affected my brothers though."

Edgar Allen Poet is about to run into a tree. What do you yell at him?

Poetry!

Please sign in or register to post a reply.