Treating Osteoporosis: What works for you?

Posted by heritage1955 @heritage1955, Apr 1, 2016

Hi. I'm new to the site and am interested in treating osteoperosis. I'm 39 yo and recently had a bone density that showed I'm at -2.4. So, going through the intial "I can't believe it" stuff. 🙂

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Osteoporosis & Bone Health Support Group.

hello, my name is Nancy and my osteopenia went to osteoperosis in lower spine and hips and although I did not have a scan of my neck, I suspect issues there as well. My endocrinologist is working with me to find a drug plan I can afford and doesn't affect my heart and we have currently landed on Tymlos and I am waiting to change to an insurance company that covers some of the cost. Still, it will end up costing about $3k per year which is a lot and will mean sacrificing travel for the next few years. Is there anyone who has taken this drug with success? I don't mind the sacrifice if there's a real improvement. Thanks you for any advice you might have on this drug.

@nancy69

hello, my name is Nancy and my osteopenia went to osteoperosis in lower spine and hips and although I did not have a scan of my neck, I suspect issues there as well. My endocrinologist is working with me to find a drug plan I can afford and doesn't affect my heart and we have currently landed on Tymlos and I am waiting to change to an insurance company that covers some of the cost. Still, it will end up costing about $3k per year which is a lot and will mean sacrificing travel for the next few years. Is there anyone who has taken this drug with success? I don't mind the sacrifice if there's a real improvement. Thanks you for any advice you might have on this drug.

Jump to this post

I had a 20% gain in my spine, going from -3.3 to -2.5, which is now borderline. I had a9% increase in hip which is more than expected.

I am sensitive to meds so started Tymlos at a low dose and ramped up so my body could get used to it. The pen has "clicks" that adjust the dose. I did 6-7 clicks most of the time and the full dose is 8. I still did very well.

The company, Radius, has a patient assistance program. There is a fairly generous income requirement. You can call Together with Tymlos for advice.

@windyshores

I had a 20% gain in my spine, going from -3.3 to -2.5, which is now borderline. I had a9% increase in hip which is more than expected.

I am sensitive to meds so started Tymlos at a low dose and ramped up so my body could get used to it. The pen has "clicks" that adjust the dose. I did 6-7 clicks most of the time and the full dose is 8. I still did very well.

The company, Radius, has a patient assistance program. There is a fairly generous income requirement. You can call Together with Tymlos for advice.

Jump to this post

thank you so much for taking the time to reply. I will check out Together.

@nancy69

thank you so much for taking the time to reply. I will check out Together.

Jump to this post

Together with Tymlos seems to be discontinued. The website has nurse educators only. So you have to go to the Radius Assist on the Radius site directly.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.