Having Issues using Philips Trilogy 100

Posted by jackieinsg @jackieinsg, Feb 12, 2022

Hi i am a patient suffering from Congenital Muscular Dystrophy. I have Restrictive Lung Disease and a BIPAP user for 12 years. I just changed my BIPAP machine to Philips Trilogy 100 and i am having secretions at night while sleeping. I would wake up in the middle of the night to cough up the secretions and swallow it back. I wonder is it the IPAP pressure is not strong enough. The Trilogy alarm will go off while i am going to deep sleep, it indicates Low Minute Ventilation but i dont feel any leakage in my mask.
I tried to off the alarm and tried using it again.
This time round i have secretions while i am sleeping (waking up in the middle of the night feeling breathless) Can someone please advise. Thank you

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Sleep Health Support Group.

Hello @jackieinsg, Welcome to Connect. I have no experience using the Philips Trilogy 100 but according to the product manual (page 41), the Low Minute Ventilation Alarm is a high priority alarm. It when the patient’s minute ventilation is less than the Low Minute Ventilation alarm setting. The
device continues to operate. The alarm will automatically terminate when the calculated minute ventilation is greater than the Low Minute Ventilation alarm setting. Here's a link to the Trilogy 100 Patient Manual - https://www.ahcah.com/Files/Manuals/Trilogy%20100%20Patient%20Manual%20-%20ENGLISH.pdf.

I know with my CPAP machine I have more leaks with my mask when the pressure gets too high. This seems like it could be a very serious issue with your breathing at night. Can you talk with your sleep medicine doctor about the secretions and alarms on your Trilogy 100?

Hi my full face mask is feeling quite stuffy when i use the Philips Trilogy 100. My previous setting was 20:6 but i feel the wind that i inhale is a bit weak so i increase the IPAP to 21 and remain the EPAP as 6 but when i wake up my full face mask is quite stuffy. I have to breathe a few times and wait. May i know is it can increase the EPAP a bit so that it will not be so stuffy?

Please sign in or register to post a reply.