Grover's Disease: What works to help find relief?

Posted by 43219876x @43219876x, Sep 23, 2016

I have been diagnosed with Grover's disease under my breasts. I had a biopsy for diagnosis. Tried topical ointment with no really good results. Any ideas?

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Skin Health Support Group.

@locutus

I have to wear this kind of shirt if I am going to be outside for any length of time, so this question of yours interested me too. I did just a brief online search and didn't find much except this:
"Sometimes, companies add chemicals called “colorless dyes” to the fabric to increase its UV protection."
So, I guess you try to determine if the clothing has "colorless dyes" added to it.

Jump to this post

Plus they add other sun blocking chemicals. Truly a light weight long sleeve cotton denim or cotton shirt, cotton or cotton denim pants give me all the protection I need when I garden, no sun comes through.

@gardeningjunkie

Plus they add other sun blocking chemicals. Truly a light weight long sleeve cotton denim or cotton shirt, cotton or cotton denim pants give me all the protection I need when I garden, no sun comes through.

Jump to this post

The density of the weave is the blocking mechanism for the UVA/UVB clothing, but as you say, I'm sure some manufacturers add suspicious chemicals to enhance the effect. An article interviewing some dermatologist I read said you could accomplish the same effect just by wearing multiple layers of clothing. I'm not allergic to all the things you are, my friend, but direct sunlight on my skin for more than a minute or two produces disastrous results!

@gardeningjunkie

I looked up the Good Natured Chorella/Spirulina product I've been using and the Spirulina algae is grown in Taiwan in sunlight in the world's only uncontaminated mountain spring water source. I can't prove if this is marketing, its' simply what is represented. It is one of the highest rated products on product review sites. I like these because they are easily swallowed, very almost too tiny as the dose is 10 tablets, $27 for 1250 tabs on Amazon. I previously tried another brand and these were as big as a horsepill and hard to swallow.

Jump to this post

Can you clarify your daily dosage? Going to give this a try. Thank you, HILLY

@hilly

Can you clarify your daily dosage? Going to give this a try. Thank you, HILLY

Jump to this post

The package says start with 1-2 tablets per serving, increasing to 10 tablets over time. 10 tablets is 2grams.
I think that is simply the weight of the tiny little 10 tablets.
I take about 10 daily with a meal and never noticed any unpleasant side effects. As a group we all varied the amount of cilantro in our smoothies, I don't know of any exact recommended medical dose, we are basically experimenting with ourselves.
Even though I stopped the cilantro smoothies on a daily basis I still take the chlorella/spirulina, it's so easy.

@locutus

The density of the weave is the blocking mechanism for the UVA/UVB clothing, but as you say, I'm sure some manufacturers add suspicious chemicals to enhance the effect. An article interviewing some dermatologist I read said you could accomplish the same effect just by wearing multiple layers of clothing. I'm not allergic to all the things you are, my friend, but direct sunlight on my skin for more than a minute or two produces disastrous results!

Jump to this post

After developing eczema the pleasure I used to get feeling direct sunlight simply didn't feel good like it used to before eczema. Being eczema free for several years now sunlight is more tolerable and is less sensitive. I imagine that's because it is healthier now.

@gardeningjunkie

Absolutely fascinating information groverclevland.

I looked at ingredients in the Good Natured Chorella/Spirulina 50/50 mix I take.
Chlorella Pryenoidosa and Spirulina (Athrospira Platensis) are the only ingredients.
On on the package I see no country of source for the Spirulina but now will check out website and contact the company.

I take supplements like chlorella or fresh or frozen cilantro to detox heavy metals and yet once a month my husband and I go out for a giant bowl of mussels cooked in an amazing wine herb sauce. Mussels have the highest concentration of mercury of all shellfish, so the next day I drink the cilantro for a few days.

So interesting about mercury poisoning instead of GD. If you do have excessive mercury in your blood you may qualify for blood chelation, blood washing filtering of metals done medical professionals. This could give you faster relief from the poisoning. One dermatologist said he didn't think a person could ingest enough cilantro to detox heavy metals. Yet cilantro helped me.

I will not eat out of any products made from China, years ago I cleaned out my cupboards and have replaced with English, Italian, Portuguese or American pottery only. We have known for years they put lead in their paints for vivid colors.

I considered having the two mercury amalgam fillings that I've had for 60 years removed, but from my research learned that removal releases the mercury which is more dangerous than simply living with the filling.

I always wondered why your GD was not as itchy as it was for the rest of us, plus with GD most go into remission for periods of time, which you weren't. I will say my itchiness was equal to the pain.

Were you ever biopsied for GD or simply given a visual diagnosis? My biopsy came back negative, but it was taken at the end of my first year when I started going into remission. So it was not active. I tell this to others because clearly biopsied can't be accepted always based upon the stage of GD you are in.

Your horsefly bites were much like my Allergic Contact Dermatitis sensations I had, even when visual rash was gone I had stinging sensations inside my skin, 24/7 and worse at night. Strong corticosteroid shots would help; many dangers with those. What stopped my internal sensations which were all over my body was giving up processed sugar and starting on chorella which was in my anti-inflammation diet plan. I still have none of these sensations. Also about 4 months after I went off sugar I learned about cilantro from my guardian angle, Kimass1. Maybe some correlation there between processed sugar and cilantro.

I'm glad your are educating yourself, plus practicing, experimenting and sharing what you learn. Most of us who get control over our diseases find the need to do that. It takes discipline, yet pain is a great motivator. We have so may complicating factors, there is no pat answer for doctors.

Jump to this post

Waiting for my Mercury tests to come back. Professional Chelating would probably be recommended by the testing facility. ARCPOINTLABS.COM
By the way here a white paper report on Spirulina.

Shared files

SPIRULINA (SPIRULINA.pdf)

@nodgabnoj

I'm fascinated to know what you think was responsible for your eye sight and strength improvement. Were they compromised before hand ? I too was diagnosed with GD by biopsy several years ago, but then my derm said he didn't think it was GD. I did Cilantro smoothies for over two years with pretty good success. Due to a blogger on this site I started doing the oil. My itching is still there, but very manageable. What ever it is that causes my rashes and itching, started right after my shingles shots. I believe, as others on this site, they opened the door to this condition. Frustrating that there is so much guess work when it comes to GD. I have worked in a fish restaurant for years and stopped eating both Tuna and Sword Fish, due to mercury concerns, about ten years ago. If you get NetFlix, watch What the Health. It will scare the pants off you. Is there nothing left to eat that isn't tainted ? Who knows ?

Jump to this post

I know people who got shingles from the shot.

@grovercleveland

I know people who got shingles from the shot.

Jump to this post

Unfortunately no one in the pharmacy field is willing to admit there might even be a possible link between GD and shingrix vaccine. For what it's worth, I have been taking the Cilantro oil in place of the smoothies. In my case it seems to be just as effective as the plant, and far easier to deal with.

@gardeningjunkie

The package says start with 1-2 tablets per serving, increasing to 10 tablets over time. 10 tablets is 2grams.
I think that is simply the weight of the tiny little 10 tablets.
I take about 10 daily with a meal and never noticed any unpleasant side effects. As a group we all varied the amount of cilantro in our smoothies, I don't know of any exact recommended medical dose, we are basically experimenting with ourselves.
Even though I stopped the cilantro smoothies on a daily basis I still take the chlorella/spirulina, it's so easy.

Jump to this post

First package just arrived. Will slowly build up to the recommended 10/day. Thanks much

Has anyone ever been prescribed Ammonium Lac Lotion? My GD is spreading, but it’s only spreading on one side of my body, which I find really strange. Does the disease tend to “run it’s course”? That’s what my dermatologist told me. The derm said that the rash does eventually go away, it just takes time. I’m really giving up hope. I’ve tried everything

Please sign in or register to post a reply.