Grover's Disease: What works to help find relief?

Posted by 43219876x @43219876x, Sep 23, 2016

I have been diagnosed with Grover's disease under my breasts. I had a biopsy for diagnosis. Tried topical ointment with no really good results. Any ideas?

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Skin Health Support Group.

@gardeningjunkie

Working with old cars involves working with metals. You really should consider a heavy metal detox.

Jump to this post

RE: allergy to steroid
I listened to a Public radio broadcast about steroid addiction in which the steroid has less and less effect over time of use. Then I started poking around. RSS (red skin syndrome) can be caused by months use of steroid for months, not weeks. I have red hands that I thought was GD, But it has all the symptoms of RSS. Very interesting. Probably the "neuropathy" also.

I was curious why GD was diagnosed for hands as I have never heard of it on the hands and I have read and studied it for years. Their ca biopsy for GD but is unreliable. I tested negative as at the time my outbreak had just started going into the dormant stage, yet I am classic GD, except now because of cilantro am symptom free.

I was symptom free for over a year but recently 2 small patches have appeared on my back. Not bad like before but isolated in 2 spots. So I’m cilantro-ing again. Before it was on back, stomach and thighs. I’m okay if it remains isolated.

@frogger

I buy cilantro and freeze in freezer bags. Usually a half stalk in each. Take one bag, put in blender with a small carton of Yoplait yogurt, add orange juice and liquefy into a smoothie. Makes enough for 2 glasses. I take one glass per day. Was on the wagon for a year but it’s come back a little so I’m back to smoothies. The yogurt and OJ make for a good drink. And my Grovers goes away.

Jump to this post

Bad news it 's returning, you and I have the similar profiles and results from cilantro smoothies. Like many others I guess I need to return to a having smoothies at least once a month to pull out the new heavy metals. I'm still symptom free. I did drink the smoothies longer than you once I went into remission after drinking them about a month, then it still took months for old break out to heal the old scabs for months. It took about 6 months for al l the scabs to fall off. I drank them from mid March 2019 until mid Dec 2019 daily. Thanks for the update and warning.

@grovercleveland

Yes, lead, zinc, etc... How does one brew cilantro? What would be schedule for taking it?
Next week I will plan allergy testing.
Dermatologist prescribed non-steroid for itching. Tacrolimus ointment 0.1% at $128 for 60g. After reading the the warning, too many doubts about using it. Plus the dermatologist is hard to assess.

Jump to this post

Have you tried Flanax, it's capsacian (hot chili pepper). Sounds crazy, but the brief burn felt better then the itch. My derm recommended. It burns when first applied briefly for a few minutes, but then it suppresses the itch enough to fall asleep. The relief only lasts about 30 minutes, but it was a godsend for me when symptomatic. Wear gloves to apply, don't get into eyes or around your mouth. Yet I don't know if it helps with neuropathy, but it helped with itch with GD.

February to September of 2019 I had one smoothie per day. Then quit. The places had disappeared many months before but didn’t want to chance a recurrence. Started smoothies 2 weeks ago. Looking better.

Where do you buy it? And can I use it on my Tex-Mex food?😜

@frogger

Where do you buy it? And can I use it on my Tex-Mex food?😜

Jump to this post

Sorry I wasn't specific. Flanax is capsacian and I buy the Flanax Linimento/Liniment, 2.3 fl oz small bottle on Amazon, it's around $7.00. This is a potent lotion. I use q-tips to get out of the bottle and wear protective plastic or vinyl gloves and apply to back torso with a long plastic spoon to my back or have your spouse apply with disposable gloves, Throw disposable gloves away. If you get this on your hands and then touch your nose, eyes or mouth the burning is awful. I see they also make an ointment. The bottle is small, but lasts a long time because it spreads easily. It doesn't irritate surrounding skin.
Don't panic when you feel the burn, it subsides quickly and I think it distracts the nerves so they don't itch as much temporarily. I do wear a cotton night gown and have never noticed residue on my linens.
I see they have tablets, but my derm recommended the topical.
I so hope the smoothies have the same benefit the second time around.

@frogger

I buy cilantro and freeze in freezer bags. Usually a half stalk in each. Take one bag, put in blender with a small carton of Yoplait yogurt, add orange juice and liquefy into a smoothie. Makes enough for 2 glasses. I take one glass per day. Was on the wagon for a year but it’s come back a little so I’m back to smoothies. The yogurt and OJ make for a good drink. And my Grovers goes away.

Jump to this post

1)I bought 5 clumps of cilantro. Cut the excess stalks off. It then measured 52 grams. A measured 10 grams worth. Dropped in blender with 4 oz water. And drank it. Tasted ok. Should I use more. How much.
2)That aside, I had itch on belly. Not a show stopper. Nothing visible. Today more itchy. And I saw a small red dot. Because it was the friction that lit it up.Is that the normal manifestation? Just itchy, and then visible?

I used about half of a bunch, stems and all. Most use stems too. Adjusting amounts if bunches were small. I included plain whole milk yogurt, almond milk, stevia sweetener and frozen blueberries, banana or other fruit. Once daily. I could buy about 5 bunches if they looked good, wash, trim an inch off the stem, put in a jar or glass with a few inches of water, cover with a loose plastic bag with a few hole cut in it and change the water every other day and this would keep it fresh for a week. Once I learned that frozen worked just as well I could wash bunches, dry, wrap in paper towels then plastic bag and put in 1/2 bunch divisions in freezer so I wouldn't run out. Your issues are complicated with neuropathy and hand eczema which I doubt cilantro helps with. I was biopsied for GD and it came out negative, but I do have it, it just wasn't active when biopsied. While you have active and new outbreaks on torso it's a good time to be biopsied for GD.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.