Gratitude Discussion Group

Posted by Debbra Williams, Alumna Mentor @debbraw, Nov 24, 2018

Hi everyone! Just before Thanksgiving @michellegraffradford posted a blog called Gratitude Changes Everything. She suggested three techniques to help incorporate gratitude into our daily lives:

• Start the Day with Gratitude (before getting up think of three people you are grateful for)

• Maintain a Gratitude Journal to record times when you are grateful

• Count Blessings – not sheep! (Review the day and remember moments of gratitude)

Her blogpost was so inspiring that a lot of us decided we wanted to form a Gratitude Group to keep the attitude of gratitude going. The blogpost area is not an ideal space for a big discussion group so I am moving the discussion over here to the “Just Want to Talk” Group. Let’s use this space to share and discuss our Gratitude Journey. I’m going to suggest that we each try to take a minute from the day and post here what has made us feel thankful today. It can be as small as a stranger’s smile on the bus or as large as fulfilling a major life dream – or anywhere in between. We can also discuss how we are doing with the three techniques. Sometimes it is easier to form new habits with support from others.

Michelle's full blogpost is at the link below. You may want to review it or print it out to help get started!
https://connect.mayoclinic.org/page/living-with-mild-cognitive-impairment-mci/newsfeed/gratitude-changes-everything/

I look forward to hearing from others in the Gratitude Group and to having others join us here! Thanks to those who already shared great stories. If you haven't yet, what gratitude will you share today?!

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Just Want to Talk Support Group.

Linda- what state?

Talk about a miserable rotten day, this is it.
1...My electric can opener died.
2... I forgot the canned tomatoes were opened
Lifted them up and you guessed it all over ...... everywhere stove between stove and counters floor. Had to move stove and mop under it.
3.... Baking dish not big enough so used two. Now the liquid not evenly divided so one will be dry the other probably soupy.
4.... Dropped glass mixing bowl, shattered everywhere. Haven’t got cut though.
5.... Bought a dozen eggs awhile back and thank goodness I gave the lady ahead of me in line 10 of them so only broke two. I hate cleaning up busted eggs, yuck!
6.... I didn’t have any thyme so left that out.
7.... After spending $400.00 at the store yesterday not planning to go back there very soon. I hear they deliver groceries now. Might give that a try. Now I have a bunch of food that needs to be cooked.
Now I’m just waiting for the lentils to burn.
If I never go in the kitchen again it will be to soon.
Time to hire a cook.
I’m ready for some Effexor now
Jake

@merpreb

Linda- what state?

Jump to this post

@merpreb Sorry California snapback in the Sierre,s good that's where a lot of our water comes from

@jakedduck1

Talk about a miserable rotten day, this is it.
1...My electric can opener died.
2... I forgot the canned tomatoes were opened
Lifted them up and you guessed it all over ...... everywhere stove between stove and counters floor. Had to move stove and mop under it.
3.... Baking dish not big enough so used two. Now the liquid not evenly divided so one will be dry the other probably soupy.
4.... Dropped glass mixing bowl, shattered everywhere. Haven’t got cut though.
5.... Bought a dozen eggs awhile back and thank goodness I gave the lady ahead of me in line 10 of them so only broke two. I hate cleaning up busted eggs, yuck!
6.... I didn’t have any thyme so left that out.
7.... After spending $400.00 at the store yesterday not planning to go back there very soon. I hear they deliver groceries now. Might give that a try. Now I have a bunch of food that needs to be cooked.
Now I’m just waiting for the lentils to burn.
If I never go in the kitchen again it will be to soon.
Time to hire a cook.
I’m ready for some Effexor now
Jake

Jump to this post

@jakedduck1 You really are a disaster in the kitchen ,better but prepared foods Nuke them

@lioness

@merpreb Sorry California snapback in the Sierre,s good that's where a lot of our water comes from

Jump to this post

@merpreb snowpack guess I,m going to have to use my laptop Good thing I checked wanted to do snapback again Oh dear frustrating

@gingerw

@jakedduck1 @lioness No danger of mudslides where I am this year. When I moved here last July, it was a relief to realize that. Before that, almost every storm was at least flooding. We have had bouts of hard rain and wind since about 5AM. Didn't stop us - we went out for breakfast and did errands. Lots of water on the roads. Wise man that he is, husband didn't "back seat drive", as he was told a while ago that I have no problem stopping the car anywhere/ anytime and asking him to get out. If he doesn't like my driving, then he can say we're taking his vehicle. In for rest of the day, cuppa hot tea coming soon. Lots of accidents on the roads.
Ginger

Jump to this post

@gingerw I simply won’t drive when my husband is in the car.
JK

@merpreb

JK- I'm with you loving MGH. I have 5 wonderful doctors who have saved my life.

Jump to this post

@merpreb do you have a good gastro there? Mine moved away so I need to find a new one. He was great,
JK

@contentandwell

@merpreb do you have a good gastro there? Mine moved away so I need to find a new one. He was great,
JK

Jump to this post

JK- No, I use a terrific guy here in Narragansett. Sorry

@lioness

Jump to this post

Linda- What is snapback? Do you mean snowpack?

@merpreb

Linda- What is snapback? Do you mean snowpack?

Jump to this post

@merpreb Kindle word. Snowpack is what I meant

Please sign in or register to post a reply.