Gratitude Discussion Group

Posted by Debbra Williams, Alumna Mentor @debbraw, Nov 24, 2018

Hi everyone! Just before Thanksgiving @michellegraffradford posted a blog called Gratitude Changes Everything. She suggested three techniques to help incorporate gratitude into our daily lives:

• Start the Day with Gratitude (before getting up think of three people you are grateful for)

• Maintain a Gratitude Journal to record times when you are grateful

• Count Blessings – not sheep! (Review the day and remember moments of gratitude)

Her blogpost was so inspiring that a lot of us decided we wanted to form a Gratitude Group to keep the attitude of gratitude going. The blogpost area is not an ideal space for a big discussion group so I am moving the discussion over here to the “Just Want to Talk” Group. Let’s use this space to share and discuss our Gratitude Journey. I’m going to suggest that we each try to take a minute from the day and post here what has made us feel thankful today. It can be as small as a stranger’s smile on the bus or as large as fulfilling a major life dream – or anywhere in between. We can also discuss how we are doing with the three techniques. Sometimes it is easier to form new habits with support from others.

Michelle's full blogpost is at the link below. You may want to review it or print it out to help get started!
https://connect.mayoclinic.org/page/living-with-mild-cognitive-impairment-mci/newsfeed/gratitude-changes-everything/

I look forward to hearing from others in the Gratitude Group and to having others join us here! Thanks to those who already shared great stories. If you haven't yet, what gratitude will you share today?!

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Just Want to Talk Support Group.

@contentandwell

@karen00 We haven’t even had that much snow up here in NH this year. The weather reports tend to predict large amounts but it fizzles out to about 6”. I don’t mind snow (I don’t do the shoveling) but when it’s heavy, wet snow it sometimes brings the electrical wires down, and I do mind that.
JK

Jump to this post

@karen00, JK- Living near the ocean warms up the temps so we get a lot of rain that freezes. I love the snow. Who can gripe with freshly falling snow. It's mother nature's way of saying, calm down, watch me, feel me, love me.-

@jakedduck1

@merpreb
Is it an easy recipe? I mean easy for me not you.
Jake

Jump to this post

Jake- A lot easier than the one you want to try. I'll dig it out.

@merpreb

@karen00- I will of course continue to support you! Can you try making a list of priorities? I would think that it would be to find a new home. Then go from there. And unless you have an emergency, stick to that list. Take it one action at a time. You can do this and it will help you calm down because you will be taking back control of a seemingly uncontrollable situation. There are other great suggestions here.

Jump to this post

@merpreb I like what you said about a list and taking one thing at a time . Ive been overwhelmed the last several days and did start with buying a phone . I lost mine 4 days ago and the angst of going through this all has been overwhelming I'm not up at this time of day 3 a.m. but need to find solace in this matte some how. I have a choice now which I can go but the money is the issue but think I found a way out . The time I lived in never had these kind of problem you just would go buy a phone no flex plans to contend with . just rambling on right now . Thanks for listening .

@lioness- Go back to sleep- it will all workout! Rest is more important than worrying. You'll be ok! Glad that you found an option! zzzzzzzzzzz

@merpreb Thanks I did some deep breathing so feel better guess I will go back to sleep now . Thanks

@merpreb I have essential oil on and cup of chamomile tea since I'm wide awake maybe in a little while but just emailing to you helped me thanks again. I'm listening to a u tube on Vicks vaporub haha

awwwww lioness- I am so glad that you trust me. It makes me feel very warm and thankful. Vicks? lol

@merpreb

awwwww lioness- I am so glad that you trust me. It makes me feel very warm and thankful. Vicks? lol

Jump to this post

@merpreb I do . Yes I turned on to see what was there after listening to an anatomy talk from Yoga instructor Sherry Vak I went to Vicks I love Vicks it has 21 different things its good for from insect repellent to of course congestion They said it is even good for sore muscles . Finishing my tea then back to bed . I have made a decision about phone so now I can relax and go to lala land.

@jakedduck1

@merpreb
Is it an easy recipe? I mean easy for me not you.
Jake

Jump to this post

Saute up 1 med carrot and 1 med onion, 1 celery stalk, garlic.(to your taste) for about 2 minutes. Add 1 28 oz can of whole tomatoes.(save the juice) Cook for 5 minutes until tomatoes are tomatoes are softened. Then add the remaining tom. juice that you saved and 7 more cups of water or chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Then add 1 1/2 c lentils, and species that you like. Lower heat to a simmer. Cook for about 35-40 minutes.

@lioness

@merpreb I do . Yes I turned on to see what was there after listening to an anatomy talk from Yoga instructor Sherry Vak I went to Vicks I love Vicks it has 21 different things its good for from insect repellent to of course congestion They said it is even good for sore muscles . Finishing my tea then back to bed . I have made a decision about phone so now I can relax and go to lala land.

Jump to this post

@lioness- Excellent- lullaby....

Please sign in or register to post a reply.