I wanted to increase awareness about the dangers of fragrances to those of us with breathing difficulties, and those who are affected by fragrances that are all around us. In my own home, I use cleaning products without fragrances and run a HEPA filter with activated carbon that absorbs chemicals from the air so my home is a safe place to breathe. We built a home with building products that didn't have formaldehyde and without carpet because it triggers my asthma. Going out in public is a problem because I'll be bombarded with all kinds of chemicals. My lungs react quickly and I've started carrying a respirator so when I'm in the car and pass something that bothers me, I can get the respirator on to try to avoid problems. I did use the respirator at a play holding it over my face with a cloth over it so no one could see what it was and it worked, and I put it away after the lights came back on. There were people right near me with heavy fragrances that would have caused an asthma attack. As I understand this, it is the chemicals that help distribute the fragrances that are the big offenders… things like phalates. While traveling this weekend, I was happy to see a sign at a rest area that the soap in the washroom was fragrance free because of allergies to fragrances. That is a step in the right direction. It's my hope that people reading this might consider not wearing personal fragrances in public. Workers in health care often do this to help their patients. I hope that sometime in the future, there is some kind of regulation in the fragrance industry. Ingredients are not disclosed and those of us who are affected can have serious reactions. This is a medical problem. I thank those people who are fragrance free in support of those who are like me.