Fibromyalgia pain: Let's connect

Posted by clownscrytoo @clownscrytoo, Oct 22, 2016

Is there anyone here that suffers from fibro? I had the 'tender spot test' several years ago and I had 17 out of the 18. I try my hardest to get through the pain with my 4 hydrocodone/acetaminaphine pills a day, Tiger Balm rubbed into areas that are the worst, light exercises, and distracting myself with hobbies or chores, etc; but there are many occasions where none of that helps and I spend most of the day holding down the couch, getting up about 30-45 minutes after that, walking/standing around the house for 15-20 minutes, or sitting for about 15-30 min. I do not drive and my husband works 6 days a week, overtime almost every day, so I'm alone a lot. my wonderful husband is very supportive and I am very grateful for that, but my only other friends are online, out of state, and I will probably never even get to meet them. when extreme pain takes over, my depression takes over and it is so difficult to find hope. does anyone have tips for fibro, whether diet or over-the-counter meds (I've tried them all, I think), or anything, besides hobbies and such? I've tried every over-the-counter med, and the Tiger Balm does cover some of what the pain pill doesn't help, but I'm hoping one of our members might have some knowledge that could help. I'd really appreciate it.
hugz,
Clownscrytoo

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Fibromyalgia Support Group.

@grandmar

Hi All,

I went for my 3 week post lumbar injection follow up. My pain doc, who led me to believe there were still a couple of more tricks up his sleeve, said he really does not know what else he can do. He did suggest giving me another shot only in a different place since the last 2 shots did not help. He also suggested that I discuss the possibility of surgery with my neurosurgeon (since I am doing better since my cervical surgery).

My hubby and I went back and forth about whether or not I should take another shot. Hubby thinks since the doc did not sound too confident, why should I? After going over it in my mind, I've decided to try. Before I even entertain another surgery, I want to make sure shots are no longer an option.

So, in about 2 weeks I will get my shot and in 3 weeks I will see the surgeon. I should know what is happening by then.

Ronnie (GINSBERGr)

Jump to this post

Well, I do not know that much about backs. However in a recent fall on concrete, I shattered my L11? It was so painful and I could not walk. A doctor wanted to do a new procedure on me. It has been done quite a few times from what I understand. He used concrete to fill in the lost Vertibrae. I was able to walk immediately. BUT, I do have pain if I overdo it. If I fall again, I suppose I could break another one. REASON: Doctor said now my L11 is stronger than ever, making the rest of my spine even weaker. SO NO FALLING. I use my cane faithfully. Even tho the came is a signal that I am OLD> Well, I am 76 and I must be careful. At this point I have no pain meds and use Advil. I have a pain Dr appt next week and today I am traveling to all the hospitals I was sent in THREE nights in a row. I need to get all my records and films to have the Pain Dr even attempt to help me. My issue with the pain dr is I don't know what he could give me that would not be addictive. Been there done that and believe me, I never want to go through withdrawal ever again. I wanted to die about half way through the process of withdrawal. My doctor did not know I was attempting withdrawal by myself. I did not want "DRUG ADDICT on my chart. I was not, but you better believe the doctors will put a RED X on me to make sure they do not overdose me and get sued. What a world we are living in

@grandmar

Hi All,

I went for my 3 week post lumbar injection follow up. My pain doc, who led me to believe there were still a couple of more tricks up his sleeve, said he really does not know what else he can do. He did suggest giving me another shot only in a different place since the last 2 shots did not help. He also suggested that I discuss the possibility of surgery with my neurosurgeon (since I am doing better since my cervical surgery).

My hubby and I went back and forth about whether or not I should take another shot. Hubby thinks since the doc did not sound too confident, why should I? After going over it in my mind, I've decided to try. Before I even entertain another surgery, I want to make sure shots are no longer an option.

So, in about 2 weeks I will get my shot and in 3 weeks I will see the surgeon. I should know what is happening by then.

Ronnie (GINSBERGr)

Jump to this post

Oregongirl. Hi you where right after beating pad on back and sleep ,my back is better today .Where is your L11? Last I know you only have 5lumbar vertebrae you must be a Very Tall Women lol When I fractured my L2I was offered that cement I refused that's why I get the lidocaine-cortisone shots they last about 6,months of longer but now I have to go back in 4months but please be very careful I've heard talked to people who,he gone that route ,so be very careful Linda

@gailb Thank you for your caring comments. Hard to hug myself when I do not like myself. The only help I can get comes from within and I cannot find thus. So discouraging to realize I wasted an entire life trying to please others and never found myself. An empty shell. So, yes, for now I am pathetic and mayhap need to grovel in my own unworthiness. I was doing better and just lost my grip and motivation. My self worth has been threatened and I am endeavoring to recover and not be unkind in doing so...

@parus

@gailb Thank you for your caring comments. Hard to hug myself when I do not like myself. The only help I can get comes from within and I cannot find thus. So discouraging to realize I wasted an entire life trying to please others and never found myself. An empty shell. So, yes, for now I am pathetic and mayhap need to grovel in my own unworthiness. I was doing better and just lost my grip and motivation. My self worth has been threatened and I am endeavoring to recover and not be unkind in doing so...

Jump to this post

We are all special. You are worthy of more than you know. Remember Jesus went thru horrible pain with no pain management. Suddenly, your pain will leave you. When it does, do something good for your self Are you getting any pain relief? I wish I could hold your hand as you go thru this time. Praying for you..

@parus

Jump to this post

Think back...all the way and think about the things that you have always loved the most...treat yourself to those things. ,

@parus

Jump to this post

From day one I felt a connection with you. I want you to take just a moment and think about all the good things in your life. Now, in spite of the horrible pain, think to yourself this marvelous thought: There WILL be even more good things for you ahead. New treatments, new meds, new ways of managing health issues happen all the time. Make a list on paper of the things you used to do that you enjoyed. Now, plan right now to try just a couple of those things, once again. Only this time, keep reminding yourself that you are loved, you are worthy, and God doesn't make junk! The sun will shine again for you. I have been where you are. I am praying for you to begin to feel at ease, to have hope. Peace and love, my friend.

@parus

Jump to this post

PArus you are God's child ,we will be seeing our new home someday and have no more pain just happiness If Jesus died for you ,you can't leave him down ,don't let the devil win in your pain.

@grandmar

Hi All,

Ronnie (GINSBERGr)

Jump to this post

All we can do is what we can Like I said I didn't have that cement put in ,it was just in 1996 I had my by-pass surgery and If it broke loss I didn't like this idea so still just put up with it .

@parus

Jump to this post

Time to change directions! You need a new positive direction? Everyone has worth, just takes a new contact?

Happy Mother's Day to all fibro mothers. I hope your day is special even if only in a small way.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.