Fibromyalgia pain: Let's connect

Posted by clownscrytoo @clownscrytoo, Oct 22, 2016

Is there anyone here that suffers from fibro? I had the 'tender spot test' several years ago and I had 17 out of the 18. I try my hardest to get through the pain with my 4 hydrocodone/acetaminaphine pills a day, Tiger Balm rubbed into areas that are the worst, light exercises, and distracting myself with hobbies or chores, etc; but there are many occasions where none of that helps and I spend most of the day holding down the couch, getting up about 30-45 minutes after that, walking/standing around the house for 15-20 minutes, or sitting for about 15-30 min. I do not drive and my husband works 6 days a week, overtime almost every day, so I'm alone a lot. my wonderful husband is very supportive and I am very grateful for that, but my only other friends are online, out of state, and I will probably never even get to meet them. when extreme pain takes over, my depression takes over and it is so difficult to find hope. does anyone have tips for fibro, whether diet or over-the-counter meds (I've tried them all, I think), or anything, besides hobbies and such? I've tried every over-the-counter med, and the Tiger Balm does cover some of what the pain pill doesn't help, but I'm hoping one of our members might have some knowledge that could help. I'd really appreciate it.
hugz,
Clownscrytoo

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Fibromyalgia Support Group.

@lioness

There,s no respect for us over 70

Jump to this post

My doctors and Staff are great. I cannot say enough good about them. They keep me centered. I could not ask for better doctors.

@oregongirl

I would love to come to Mayo. However I am seeing my doctors at the University of Texas. I am sure they are the best. They know how I feel. Please let me know if you received my other two emails. My finger must be working against me today. I either deleted my message to you or it send partial answer.

Jump to this post

Congrats! I hope the pain doc will be able to help you! Even if it is for a couple of months at a time, it is a blessing!
Good luck!

@lioness

Jump to this post

Do you use it? If so, does it help???

@lioness

Jump to this post

My pain doc works with a psychologist who among other things, works with people who have chronic pain. He gives strategies on how to work when you are in the midst of a big flair up and discusses how to deal with the negative feelings regarding your health and pain. In addition, he deals with all the other fields in psychology.

He actually got me through my fears when I had my weight loss surgery.

@lioness

Jump to this post

My doctor really listens to me. If they insist I go to psychologist, I will. But I dislikes anyone who had not experience fibro or RA to try to explain to me anything. Last night I went grocery shopping with my son. Suddenly according to my son I was wring and wet and my face was red and I was fighting to even stay awake. My Flair's are really bad. But usually it tapers off about day 6 I respect your words.

@lioness

Jump to this post

I use the CBD balm and it does help I can go 6 yrs before I have to reapply on my shoulders I use it on my hip Once a day I would recommend it for anyone to try for me it works ,maybe be it wouldn't for someone else

@oregongirl

I would love to come to Mayo. However I am seeing my doctors at the University of Texas. I am sure they are the best. They know how I feel. Please let me know if you received my other two emails. My finger must be working against me today. I either deleted my message to you or it send partial answer.

Jump to this post

Great you will get some relief now ,pain Dr,s work wonders for us

@lioness

Jump to this post

So sorry your flaire's are so bad @long Mine are 1day ,can't imagine going longer get the help wherever you can

@oregongirl

Jump to this post

@oregongirl I don't have RA. My best friend and another friend of mine both have RA. I don't know how you feel, I only know what my friends go through when they are having flares. I know there are different kinds of RA, and my one friend has been through many surgeries on her hands and feet to just make her pain somewhat less. She has suffered greatly, except that for the past few years she has been in remission. Her doctor found a medication that is working for her. She's 73 years old and has been on disability since her early 40s.

I'm wondering why you're not going to be posting here anymore? I know this thread is for fibromyalgia, so I'm hoping you have found the RA posts and are switching to that group. I hope I haven't discouraged you from expressing your thoughts here.

Warm regards,
Gail B
Volunteer Mentor

Please sign in or register to post a reply.