Fibromyalgia pain: Let's connect

Posted by clownscrytoo @clownscrytoo, Oct 22, 2016

Is there anyone here that suffers from fibro? I had the 'tender spot test' several years ago and I had 17 out of the 18. I try my hardest to get through the pain with my 4 hydrocodone/acetaminaphine pills a day, Tiger Balm rubbed into areas that are the worst, light exercises, and distracting myself with hobbies or chores, etc; but there are many occasions where none of that helps and I spend most of the day holding down the couch, getting up about 30-45 minutes after that, walking/standing around the house for 15-20 minutes, or sitting for about 15-30 min. I do not drive and my husband works 6 days a week, overtime almost every day, so I'm alone a lot. my wonderful husband is very supportive and I am very grateful for that, but my only other friends are online, out of state, and I will probably never even get to meet them. when extreme pain takes over, my depression takes over and it is so difficult to find hope. does anyone have tips for fibro, whether diet or over-the-counter meds (I've tried them all, I think), or anything, besides hobbies and such? I've tried every over-the-counter med, and the Tiger Balm does cover some of what the pain pill doesn't help, but I'm hoping one of our members might have some knowledge that could help. I'd really appreciate it.
hugz,
Clownscrytoo

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Fibromyalgia Support Group.

@parus

Has anyone having had the COVID 19 vaccine had a fibro flare-up? Just curious. I know the yearly flu shot causes a flare for me. Having the 1st round of the vaccine tomorrow.

Jump to this post

Hi @parus, I was just thinking about you and wondering how you were feeling after your first COVID vaccination.
I had my 2nd vaccination this week and spent two days in bed, taking Advil for pain and trying to sleep off the fatigue. Three days later, I'm getting back to my former self.

I hope you are not in a fibro flare-up. Will you post when you can?

@parus

Has anyone having had the COVID 19 vaccine had a fibro flare-up? Just curious. I know the yearly flu shot causes a flare for me. Having the 1st round of the vaccine tomorrow.

Jump to this post

Sorry, I’m just reading this now (Friday night). I did not have a fibro flare but did have soreness at the shot site and one day of fatigue.

@parus

Jump to this post

I had my first COVID vaccination a couple of days ago. I have a sore arm and that is about it. Hopefully, that will hold true for the second shot. I am interested in hearing what others are experiencing.

@ellene My first vaccine was a sore arm for about 3 days and it aggravated my fibro. Im getting my 2nd dose on 22 will get prepared for the pain Heard that the 2nd is like flue symptoms ? Will see .

No problems with my first vaccination. Just a little sore arm. No biggy.

I have had spinal surgery for scoliosis and another for hardware removal. Both in my 30’s. Diagnosed with fibromyalgia and chronic pain within a few years after that. I’m 64 now. My regime includes working with someone who is trained in myofascial release, hydrocodone, gabapentin, effexor, trazadone, beta blocker with migraine meds, ice and an infrared heating pad, which works deeper than regular heat. Within this framework I am able to sleep, walk almost every day, cook, shop and socialize. That being said, there are also many days that are completely lost due to pain. Diet plays a role. No doubt sugar ups the pain level throughout my body. So, after many years of trying many things, this wholistic approach works best for me. There are a lot of pain management methods out there. Keep trying different things so you can find what best works for you. Take care and good luck!

@cgmc

I have had spinal surgery for scoliosis and another for hardware removal. Both in my 30’s. Diagnosed with fibromyalgia and chronic pain within a few years after that. I’m 64 now. My regime includes working with someone who is trained in myofascial release, hydrocodone, gabapentin, effexor, trazadone, beta blocker with migraine meds, ice and an infrared heating pad, which works deeper than regular heat. Within this framework I am able to sleep, walk almost every day, cook, shop and socialize. That being said, there are also many days that are completely lost due to pain. Diet plays a role. No doubt sugar ups the pain level throughout my body. So, after many years of trying many things, this wholistic approach works best for me. There are a lot of pain management methods out there. Keep trying different things so you can find what best works for you. Take care and good luck!

Jump to this post

@cgmc I have also found that diet plays a role in my pain management. I totally avoid packaged foods as well as sugar. I have found I don't miss these things. There are many options available now so eating whole foods is not as much of a challenge to find.

@cgmc

Jump to this post

@cgmc I agree with the wholistic way. I use the infared light lets me walk better

What kind of infrared light do you use?
Sundance(RB)

@sundance6

What kind of infrared light do you use?
Sundance(RB)

Jump to this post

@sundance6 The one I have its about 7 yrs old and is just called" light therapy." I don't know if they still offer it . But on Amazon they have a good supply of different infrared light therapy,s. I saw that looks like a heating pad that is infrared I would love to get this for my whole back. Let me know if you get it and how you like it.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.