Mayo Clinic Connect
Interested in specific effects of Covid-19 on diabetics. Also, would appreciate comments by anybody who has actually used Hydroxycholoroquine as a preventative measure or after testing positive. Thank you
@fdan, good questions. You may be interested in these related discussions and articles:
– COVID-19 and risk for people with Diabetes & Diabetic Neuropathy https://connect.mayoclinic.org/discussion/diabetes-2
– How COVID-19 Impacts People with Diabetes https://www.diabetes.org/coronavirus-covid-19/how-coronavirus-impacts-people-with-diabetes
Hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine are malaria drugs that were authorized for emergency use by the FDA during the COVID-19 pandemic. However, the FDA withdrew that authorization when data analysis showed that the drugs are unlikely to be effective. They can also cause serious heart problems.
– Guidance on patients at risk of drug-induced sudden cardiac death from off-label COVID-19 treatments https://newsnetwork.mayoclinic.org/discussion/mayo-clinic-provides-urgent-guidance-approach-to-identify-patients-at-risk-of-drug-induced-sudden-cardiac-death-from-use-of-off-label-covid-19-treatments/
Fdan, the best protection remains:
– wash you hands well and often
– stay physically distant, at least 6 feet, from others
– wear a mask
Are you able to take these precautions or are you in high risk situations? Have you been tested for COVID-19?
Liked by Teresa, Volunteer Mentor
version 22.214.171.124.3.2Page loaded in 0.381 seconds