Hi everyone. I am new in the group. Unfortunately, I am not new in these conditions which most, if not all of us here are dealing with. I was diagnosed in 2012 with M. Avium and Bronchiectasis. I wast treated for 18 months with “success”. I continue to see my doctor for monitoring until the infection came back in late 2016, this time the culture showed Intracellulare. Since the growth was minimal, my doctor decided to put me in watchful monitoring. Please take note all this time, my symptom is shortness of breath. In early 2017, we moved to another city which was closer to UF Health Gainesville. So, I transferred to another doctors. My new pulmo had me go through all the tests. The ct scan and PFT of 2017 compared to 2016 were not so bad, BUT if its compared to the 2015, there was relatively noticeable change. My doctor now opens the idea of going back to treatment. This is where I am now: struggling whether to go back or not. I want to be treated because my breathing is really getting harder…to put it in perspective, tasks that i can complete 6 months ago with relative ease, I am having difficulty completing them now. Yes, I can still exercise, but it has become really so hard. On the other hand, I am hesitant to be on treatment again because i already have side effects from the previous treatment: reduced hearing, eye problems and my stomach is messed up that I do not think it can tolerate the antibiotics. I have done quite a number of remedies to fix my stomach but its always distressed.
I am hoping there might be someone in the group who is/are in similar situations, i want to know some insights. Thank you.