The Vagus Nerve Stimulation (VNS) battery in my chest is dead
I have a dead VNS battery in my chest. I WILL NOT have the battery replaced. I must pay thousands of dollars for non surgical related fees because I am in an HMO.but I do not feel comfortable having a dead battery inside my body. I am afraid the corrosion of the battery will do something to my body. I wish I could pull the VNS out of my chest .
Of course my doctor says it will do no harm other than increase my seizures.. But is has not been beneficial in 21 years. Does anyone think a dead battery in ones body will do any harm? Please help calm my fears.