Anyone here dealing with peripheral neuropathy?

Posted by rabbit10 @rabbit10, Apr 9, 2016

Anyone here dealing with peripheral neuropathy?

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Neuropathy Support Group.

Thank you John for your helpful information. Shall definitely look into these sites. Appreciate all you help.

Regards
Karina

@pamelaz

Has anyone tried Nortriptyline?

Jump to this post

Good afternoon @pamelaz This is Chris @artscaping. Nortriptyline was the first medication my neurologist prescribed for me when I was diagnosed with SFN. At the time I was frightened and having way too many suicidal thoughts. It was the perfect solution. I began sleeping well which was high on my wish list. And the dangerous thoughts began to dissipate.

I had no side effects and ended up tapering off it two years later when my depression was resolved by knowledge about my condition, meditation, and mindfulness.

Are you also taking some form of Gabapentin?

May you be safe, protected and free of both inner and outer harm?
Chris

@srm2009

Thank you for your thoughtful tips. I do use compression socks occasionally, short socklets. Regular foot inspections are a must. Trying to resume PT soon, after a nine-month lapse. Big short-term goals are to steadily lengthen my neighborhood walks and maybe work up to some short, easy hikes. Thanks again.

Jump to this post

I find that the little short compression socks help with my balance and ability to stride. My toe bones are affected from neuropathy and I think the socks make my feet flatter to the floor.

@artscaping

Good afternoon @pamelaz This is Chris @artscaping. Nortriptyline was the first medication my neurologist prescribed for me when I was diagnosed with SFN. At the time I was frightened and having way too many suicidal thoughts. It was the perfect solution. I began sleeping well which was high on my wish list. And the dangerous thoughts began to dissipate.

I had no side effects and ended up tapering off it two years later when my depression was resolved by knowledge about my condition, meditation, and mindfulness.

Are you also taking some form of Gabapentin?

May you be safe, protected and free of both inner and outer harm?
Chris

Jump to this post

The Nortriptyline felt like I was being stabbed in my shoulders, thighs and legs. Will this go away?

I, also, have GERD.

Tylenol is also horrible on my neuropathy.

Legs, feet, thighs all burn bad.

@julkun

Are you confusing gabapentin with pre-Pregabalin (Lyrica). 2 different meds. Both have been used for nerve pain.

Jump to this post

Both are hard to take. Lyrica makes me have seizures and burns my legs from the thighs down.

Can anyone help me with my neuropathy?

Jullundur, I’m going to be using both pre-gab in the morning and regular gabapentin at night. Started it yesterday. Took pre-gab at noon and my feet stayed warm until 9 PM!

@julkun

Are you confusing gabapentin with pre-Pregabalin (Lyrica). 2 different meds. Both have been used for nerve pain.

Jump to this post

Jullundur, i’m going to try using pre-gab in the morning because it
doesn’t make me so confused. And regular gabapentin at night. Started
yesterday, took pre-gab at noon and at 9 PM my feet were still warm! I hate
those cold feet! bcool123

I have it in my feet, tingling, and hard to bend my toes, having a EMG next week,
have you ever had one?

@raebaby

I find that the little short compression socks help with my balance and ability to stride. My toe bones are affected from neuropathy and I think the socks make my feet flatter to the floor.

Jump to this post

I agree. At first it seems counter-intuitive what with the foot pain. I've been pleased with the "SB SOX" brand, available through Amazon.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.