Anyone here dealing with peripheral neuropathy?

Posted by rabbit10 @rabbit10, Apr 9, 2016

Anyone here dealing with peripheral neuropathy?

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Neuropathy Support Group.

@cjo710

Robin Very well said. In your research did any product help with burning pain? Charlie

Jump to this post

The Solanpas w/Lidocaine helps the little tingles and “Bee stings”, the CBD Oil I use at night because it works really well. I’m not sure how well the Cymbalta is, but I’m not going to find out if it especially brings back my pain

@pkagarwal

Isn't the burning sensation "hot feet". I thought any socks would create more heat in the feet. Not so Jonathon?

Jump to this post

The hot feet of PN isn't really because feet are hot. It's the way the brain is interpreting the messed up peripheral signals. The point of the mohair socks is that they interfere with those signals and burning and other abnormal sensations. There is a wool shop in Ottawa that sells them and I'd be happy to pass on their link to anyone interested

@robin0613

The Solanpas w/Lidocaine helps the little tingles and “Bee stings”, the CBD Oil I use at night because it works really well. I’m not sure how well the Cymbalta is, but I’m not going to find out if it especially brings back my pain

Jump to this post

I take Cymbalta for fibromyalgia pain. It was first on market for anxiety, but it helped fibro pain significantly, so is often used for that purpose. I take it for fibro pain, and my side effect is lessened anxiety. It does help me a lot, in fact I will not go off Cymbalta at all. There is very little that helps w/fibro pain and it's a bugger, so I take Cymbalta. And, MMJ, etc.
MMJ helps the PN a lot.
Blessings in your searching. elizabeth

@jonathanc

The hot feet of PN isn't really because feet are hot. It's the way the brain is interpreting the messed up peripheral signals. The point of the mohair socks is that they interfere with those signals and burning and other abnormal sensations. There is a wool shop in Ottawa that sells them and I'd be happy to pass on their link to anyone interested

Jump to this post

I would be interested in the link you mentioned. My feet are really sore and tingly. I waiting to hear if I will get an appointment at Mayo. I have some sore toes that have calluses on them. I'm on my feet all day at work. Which probably doesn't help with the pain.
Thanks for your post.

Hello. Since 10 years.

In this time when I can’ t leave home due Covid, what do you do for relieve pain?

@silverapple

In this time when I can’ t leave home due Covid, what do you do for relieve pain?

Jump to this post

Hello @silverapple, Welcome to Mayo Clinic Connect, a welcoming online community where patients and caregivers share their experiences, find support and exchange information with others. I see that you have had pain from neuropathy for over 10 years and you are looking for what others do to relieve pain when they can't leave home due to COVID-19. I don't have pain but do have numbness. There is another discussion where myself and other members have shared their neuropathy journey and what helps them. It might be helpful to read through the posts and learned what others have shared.

Member Neuropathy Journey Stories: What's Yours?: https://connect.mayoclinic.org/discussion/member-neuoropathy-journey-stories-whats-yours/

Are you able to share a little more about your diagnosis and any treatments you have tried?

I had a frustrating form of Guillain Barré Syndrome. I couldn't dress or comb my hair, I lost my strength. I felt into bed. I did not receive proper medical attention and I had sequelae, neuropathic pain is one of them.
In addition to a Multiglandular Syndrome, adrenal, thyroid, pineal classified.

Actually I do have a treatment with Carbamazepine,B Complex, Folic acid, D3.

But the grade and extension of my pain has being growing up. It covers literaly all my body. Since feet to head including face.

While Writing this message, I am standing no foot, to be seat is very painful, also to sleep.

Hello @silverapple, Thank you for the private message. I thought I would answer it here in this discussion since other new members may also have the same question - how do I find my comments?

1 - Click on your profile link.
2 - Select Profile & Settings.
3 - Then select Comments.

You should see all of your comments with the most recent at the top.

Another good item to check out is the blog page - How to comment, reply, like, bookmark, and more: https://connect.mayoclinic.org/blog/about-connect/newsfeed-post/how-to-comment-reply-like-bookmark-and-more/. This page has a lot of good information to help new members navigate Connect.

I post this for general interest as I know how frustrating it is to try to get medical professionals to listen to us patients sometimes. And, I’m definitely not a shy person! This event is offered by the New England Journal of Medicine.

Health Care 2030 Series: Free Virtual Event + PDF. Patients & Consumers in 2030 - June 10 https://events.catalyst.nejm.org/events/patients-consumers-in-2030?promo=OCFE6215&emp=marcom&utm_source=nejmlist&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2021_eventjune&cid=DM115529_&bid=450996045

Please sign in or register to post a reply.