Anyone here dealing with peripheral neuropathy?

Posted by rabbit10 @rabbit10, Apr 9, 2016

Anyone here dealing with peripheral neuropathy?

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Neuropathy Support Group.

Jake, I changed the link to the webinar in your post to the Foundation for Peripheral Neuropathy's link. The link you posted was your registrant link, which included your email address.

All, see all FPN webinar recordings here: https://www.foundationforpn.org/living-well/fpn-media-center/

@colleenyoung

Jake, I changed the link to the webinar in your post to the Foundation for Peripheral Neuropathy's link. The link you posted was your registrant link, which included your email address.

All, see all FPN webinar recordings here: https://www.foundationforpn.org/living-well/fpn-media-center/

Jump to this post

@colleenyoung
Oops, thank you.
Jake

Just a home remedy suggestion to ameliorate uncomfortable PN symptoms. In my case burning and a constant sensation of sand between and under my toes . in south africa they sell mohair socks for diabetic neuropathy. I bought some when I got non diabetic PN and I highly recommend them. The fine hairs on the socks seem to interfere with the signals from damaged peripheral nerves and feet feel almost normal when wearing them all day and especially for sleeping at night.. I highly recommend mohair socks to all...

@johnbishop

@solobeee I'm sorry to hear you are having a bad day. I have the numbness and sometimes the feet feel a little heavy. Once in awhile I feel the stiffness but not very often anymore. I find keeping my feet and legs moisturized helps a lot. I sleep with low top loose socks on and before I put the socks on I rub my feet with a moisturizer lotion. I also use it on my legs but not as much. I try to do at least 30 minutes of walking or riding my exercise bike daily which I think helps also.

There are a couple of good neuropathy websites where you can find a lot of different alternative treatments that have been found helpful.

- Neuropathy Commons: https://neuropathycommons.org/
- Foundation for Peripheral Neuropathy: https://www.foundationforpn.org/living-well/

You might find the following discussion helpful where members including myself have shared what helps them -
Member Neuropathy Journey Stories: What's Yours?: https://connect.mayoclinic.org/discussion/member-neuoropathy-journey-stories-whats-yours/

Jump to this post

Good afternoon @solobeee, Yesterday was a winner.....My normal pain was under control and I felt like dancing around the room. Today is the pits. Even medical cannabis is not pulling its own weight today. And then I knew....no sunshine and a pathetically depressed barometric pressure.

If it is above 30.00 we have an opportunity to have a great day. Below 30.00 and it will be a struggle all day trying to stay on a positive path. That s when I have to call on my mindfulness practice to step up to the plate and give me a chance.

May you have contentment and ease.
Chris

@artscaping

Good afternoon @solobeee, Yesterday was a winner.....My normal pain was under control and I felt like dancing around the room. Today is the pits. Even medical cannabis is not pulling its own weight today. And then I knew....no sunshine and a pathetically depressed barometric pressure.

If it is above 30.00 we have an opportunity to have a great day. Below 30.00 and it will be a struggle all day trying to stay on a positive path. That s when I have to call on my mindfulness practice to step up to the plate and give me a chance.

May you have contentment and ease.
Chris

Jump to this post

Hello, Chris. I'm so sorry today wasn't a good day with the pain fighting back! I'm thinking of you and praying for inner peace, acceptance of where you are and of you body as it is today, and a restful night of healing sleep. elizabeth

Isn't the burning sensation "hot feet". I thought any socks would create more heat in the feet. Not so Jonathon?

@jonathanc

Just a home remedy suggestion to ameliorate uncomfortable PN symptoms. In my case burning and a constant sensation of sand between and under my toes . in south africa they sell mohair socks for diabetic neuropathy. I bought some when I got non diabetic PN and I highly recommend them. The fine hairs on the socks seem to interfere with the signals from damaged peripheral nerves and feet feel almost normal when wearing them all day and especially for sleeping at night.. I highly recommend mohair socks to all...

Jump to this post

Couldn't find mohair socks on Amazon. I wonder if Alpaca socks would work as well.

Thank you for starting this thread. I am sorry you have to live with this, but very glad to read how you persevere. I’m 65, After 17 years of experiencing feeling my Brachial Plexus peripheral Neuropathy (due to BC Radiaion), move from my fingertips, now into my back. I’m in the self research mode, for pain, numbness, loss of strength, dexterity and atrophy. I have a great Neuropathy team at the UW Medical. I realized years ago what I loose I don’t get back. I think I denied that reality. With me, my PN goes ballistic when the weather goes from rain to sun (I live in the PNW). I volunteer at a Food Bank, I keep dropping anything in my left hand. Mostly because I can’t feel anything, but pain most days. Like cancer, this will not define me. What else can we do? Prayers science comes up with cures and relief for this little researched medical issues. The best articles I’m finding are from the UK, in the 90’s, and I can’t reach any of the references, sites are down. I’ve found some good ones (Mayo Clinic and John Hopkins research) from the USA in 2017. Mostly, “sorry Charlie”, prognoses ☹️ God be with you, what we learn, will help others down the road. 🙏🏼
Robin

@robin0613

Thank you for starting this thread. I am sorry you have to live with this, but very glad to read how you persevere. I’m 65, After 17 years of experiencing feeling my Brachial Plexus peripheral Neuropathy (due to BC Radiaion), move from my fingertips, now into my back. I’m in the self research mode, for pain, numbness, loss of strength, dexterity and atrophy. I have a great Neuropathy team at the UW Medical. I realized years ago what I loose I don’t get back. I think I denied that reality. With me, my PN goes ballistic when the weather goes from rain to sun (I live in the PNW). I volunteer at a Food Bank, I keep dropping anything in my left hand. Mostly because I can’t feel anything, but pain most days. Like cancer, this will not define me. What else can we do? Prayers science comes up with cures and relief for this little researched medical issues. The best articles I’m finding are from the UK, in the 90’s, and I can’t reach any of the references, sites are down. I’ve found some good ones (Mayo Clinic and John Hopkins research) from the USA in 2017. Mostly, “sorry Charlie”, prognoses ☹️ God be with you, what we learn, will help others down the road. 🙏🏼
Robin

Jump to this post

Robin Very well said. In your research did any product help with burning pain? Charlie

Please sign in or register to post a reply.