Anyone here dealing with peripheral neuropathy?

Posted by rabbit10 @rabbit10, Apr 9, 2016

Anyone here dealing with peripheral neuropathy?

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Neuropathy Support Group.

@lorirenee1

@terrydclaar I now take it in pill form from ethanaturals.com No side effects but a bit of sleepiness, which I enjoy! Lori

Jump to this post

Thx Lori

In reply to @terrydclaar "Thx Lori" + (show)
@terrydclaar

You are welcome, Terry. Lori

@jesfactsmon

Lori, I went to the ethanaturals website. They show 4 kratom pill products on their home page. Can you recommend one to try for PN pain? In the descriptions only the Sunrise specifically mentions pain. But perhaps you know more you could tell us. Thanks.

Jump to this post

@jesfactsmon Hank, I use Susan's Endless Etha Kratom Blend, and it works well. I also bought Maeng Da Etha Kratom Blend, but I have not tried it yet. However, Maeng Da in the powder form always worked for pain. Maeng Da powders have always worked for me, so I bought it. Maeng Da Kratoms, in general, are known for helping pain. Also bought Etha Sunset, and that also works. Just so you know, and I do not know if I said this to you already, you really have to work with how many pills to take. I can take less of the pills than the powder, for some reason. I am 5 feet, 3 inches, 160 pounds. A touch of meat to the bones, I like to say! I take 9 pills at a time, and they leave me pain free I accidentally took 8 last time, so I will take that amount again. If your wife does not get results, she may either have to take more pills, or change the type of pill. I would start with more pills, the next time she takes it, to really see if that particular Kratom helps. Good luck, and no vile taste! Fabulous. Lori

@lorirenee1

@jesfactsmon Hank, I use Susan's Endless Etha Kratom Blend, and it works well. I also bought Maeng Da Etha Kratom Blend, but I have not tried it yet. However, Maeng Da in the powder form always worked for pain. Maeng Da powders have always worked for me, so I bought it. Maeng Da Kratoms, in general, are known for helping pain. Also bought Etha Sunset, and that also works. Just so you know, and I do not know if I said this to you already, you really have to work with how many pills to take. I can take less of the pills than the powder, for some reason. I am 5 feet, 3 inches, 160 pounds. A touch of meat to the bones, I like to say! I take 9 pills at a time, and they leave me pain free I accidentally took 8 last time, so I will take that amount again. If your wife does not get results, she may either have to take more pills, or change the type of pill. I would start with more pills, the next time she takes it, to really see if that particular Kratom helps. Good luck, and no vile taste! Fabulous. Lori

Jump to this post

Good info Lori, thanks. I see they have more than just the 4 kinds shown on their home page. We'll give one or more of them a try. Thanks again. By the way, I hope to get back to Glencoe to visit, was there last in 2003 when my mom sold her house and moved away. My wife's neuropathy and overall health has curtailed most of our travel the past few years, making our retirement a bit different than we had expected. Chemo came into our lives from out of the blue and then PN did as well. What gets us through is love for each other and abiding faith in God. Best, Hank

@lorirenee1

Jump to this post

Lori, 9 tablets sounds like quite a bit. What does this amount to in terms of mg of Kratom?

@terrydclaar, Thank you for the private message. It's a good suggestion/questions and I thought members should know that this function is already available to them. You suggested that Mayo reverse the order of postings to have the newest posting appear first with first initial posting appearing last. That way users do not need to constantly scroll to the end to find the current and most recent posting.

You can change the option to show the posts in newest to oldest yourself by going to the top of any discussion and selecting the drop down menu that currently says Oldest to Newest and then change it to say Newest to Oldest. I use this option all of the time and you are right, it is helpful.

@terrydclaar

Lori, 9 tablets sounds like quite a bit. What does this amount to in terms of mg of Kratom?

Jump to this post

@terrydclaar Hi Terry, In theory, 9 pills are about two and a half grams of Kratom. However, next time I take it, I am going to put them down on a gram scale that I have, and actually weigh them. When I think about it, it seems like they should weigh more than this, but I do not know. However, the company advertises them at about this weight. What is odd, is when I took Kratom powder, I needed at least 4 grams worth to take away the pain. Each company has Kratom that acts a bit differently, so I have to take the least amount I can, to take away my pain. As of now, 8 or 9 pills seem to do that....Lori

@jesfactsmon

Good info Lori, thanks. I see they have more than just the 4 kinds shown on their home page. We'll give one or more of them a try. Thanks again. By the way, I hope to get back to Glencoe to visit, was there last in 2003 when my mom sold her house and moved away. My wife's neuropathy and overall health has curtailed most of our travel the past few years, making our retirement a bit different than we had expected. Chemo came into our lives from out of the blue and then PN did as well. What gets us through is love for each other and abiding faith in God. Best, Hank

Jump to this post

@jesfactsmon Hi Hank, Somehow I managed to miss your post here. Come back to Glencoe! A gorgeous community. You know, my neuropathy started within 3 weeks of a lumpectomy, but I did not have chemo. However, I did have radiation right into the tumor, at the time of surgery. My neuro doc thinks I may have an autoimmune response to the tumor, but blood tests did not show that, and sometimes they just do not. All in all, I will never know what caused it, for sure. All I know is that there is no diabetes, family history.... and now, severe pain. I wish you well with the Kratom. It does help. Most things do not. My best regards. God is good. Lori R.

@lorirenee1

@jesfactsmon Hi Hank, Somehow I managed to miss your post here. Come back to Glencoe! A gorgeous community. You know, my neuropathy started within 3 weeks of a lumpectomy, but I did not have chemo. However, I did have radiation right into the tumor, at the time of surgery. My neuro doc thinks I may have an autoimmune response to the tumor, but blood tests did not show that, and sometimes they just do not. All in all, I will never know what caused it, for sure. All I know is that there is no diabetes, family history.... and now, severe pain. I wish you well with the Kratom. It does help. Most things do not. My best regards. God is good. Lori R.

Jump to this post

Lori, yes, severe pain, I understand. I have seen it up close firsthand. I wish I could take some of it off my wife's hands once in a while to give her a break. I ordered some kratom from ETHA on 3/21 and am hoping it gets here pretty soon. Although Linda is just starting the Protocol of that facebook group which John Bishop talked about, so she'll be holding off on taking the kratom for a while anyway I guess. I hope she gets some good results from the Protocol. It would be nice to see her have a pain free week someday, instead of just a good day here, a so-so day there, and 3 awful days in a row, which is how it seems to go now. If she does not get good results then the only next step I can see is to visit your guy in Riverside, Ill. and start the scrambler therapy. Hoping to have the $$$ available for it someday. Thanks for your good wishes!

@johnbishop

@terrydclaar, Thank you for the private message. It's a good suggestion/questions and I thought members should know that this function is already available to them. You suggested that Mayo reverse the order of postings to have the newest posting appear first with first initial posting appearing last. That way users do not need to constantly scroll to the end to find the current and most recent posting.

You can change the option to show the posts in newest to oldest yourself by going to the top of any discussion and selecting the drop down menu that currently says Oldest to Newest and then change it to say Newest to Oldest. I use this option all of the time and you are right, it is helpful.

Jump to this post

John, I like it. Thanks!

Please sign in or register to post a reply.