Anyone here dealing with peripheral neuropathy?

Posted by rabbit10 @rabbit10, Apr 9, 2016

Anyone here dealing with peripheral neuropathy?

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Neuropathy Support Group.

@notborntoburn

HI,I start on Wed April24 and continue every Wed. for four weeks. I had 2 Ketamine infusions in the past but they were very low doses,I am not real clear on the protocol,we are in new territory! I do not remember what it is like to walk without pain. Take Care

Jump to this post

Good luck and let us know how things work out!
Ronnie

@deedee46

I know this sounds weird but in Winter when my feet are burning hot (usually when I try to go to sleep) I'll go stand barefoot on our deck in the snow for a few minutes. I have large ice packs in the freezer when needed. Please don't anyone tell me this isn't good for my feet...I dont know what else to try.

Jump to this post

Hi @deedee46 -- have you seen the following discussion on burning feet syndrome? You might want to join in the discussion and meet other members talking about burning feet.

> Groups > Brain & Nervous System > Burning Feet syndrome
-- https://connect.mayoclinic.org/discussion/burning-feet-syndrome/

Do you think your symptoms might be caused by any of the possible causes here?
-- http://www.mayoclinic.org/symptoms/burning-feet/basics/causes/sym-20050809

Yes, my feet tingle all the time. Please let me know the supplements and any over the counter medication I can take. This tingling makes me crazy. Thank you for your help.

Patsy

@deedee46

I know this sounds weird but in Winter when my feet are burning hot (usually when I try to go to sleep) I'll go stand barefoot on our deck in the snow for a few minutes. I have large ice packs in the freezer when needed. Please don't anyone tell me this isn't good for my feet...I dont know what else to try.

Jump to this post

It doesn't sound weird to me - my feet got swamped in a few inches of Atlantic Ocean recently. For a second, I felt shockingly chilled, then I realized that the cold water numbed the burning pain in my feet. It reset the upward-spiraling pain cycle back to 1. Peggy

@notborntoburn

HI,I start on Wed April24 and continue every Wed. for four weeks. I had 2 Ketamine infusions in the past but they were very low doses,I am not real clear on the protocol,we are in new territory! I do not remember what it is like to walk without pain. Take Care

Jump to this post

Please keep us in the loop if this helps you .

@patsyt68

Yes, my feet tingle all the time. Please let me know the supplements and any over the counter medication I can take. This tingling makes me crazy. Thank you for your help.

Patsy

Jump to this post

Hi @patsyt68, welcome to Connect. I'm not sure who you were addressing your question to? If you are asking a specific member, just tag them using their member name with the @ sign in front - like @patsyt68 if I wanted to ask you a question.

Are you able to share a little more about your diagnosis?

@patsyt68

Patsy

Jump to this post

Hello @patsyt68, I would like to join @johnbishop, in welcoming you to Connect.

If you are comfortable sharing more, please let us know a little more about yourself.

Is the tingling in your feet your only health problem? Do you take meds for other problems as well?

As the members on Connect get to know you better it is easier to share from our own experiences.

Will you post again and let us know how you are doing?

I am scheduled to have laser treatment for peripheral neuropathy in my feet. I was ran over by a car 6 years ago. I was supposed to die. The numbness and heaviness in my feet are the last hurdles. Please share your experiences, thoughts and opinions.

Hi Dennis @dftj12 -- welcome to Connect. I have no medical training or background but do have small fiber peripheral neuropathy with only numbness and no pain. I posted my experiences/treatment earlier on Connect here: https://connect.mayoclinic.org/discussion/anyone-here-dealing-with-peripheral-neuropathy/?pg=42#comment-65985. It sounds like you have come a long way since the accident 6 years ago.

Did your doctor or neurologist diagnose neuropathy? Do you also have pain with the numbness and heaviness in your feet?

@dftj12

I am scheduled to have laser treatment for peripheral neuropathy in my feet. I was ran over by a car 6 years ago. I was supposed to die. The numbness and heaviness in my feet are the last hurdles. Please share your experiences, thoughts and opinions.

Jump to this post

@dftj12
Hi, Jordan. I'm scheduled for cold laser treatments in about a week. Are you having hot or cold laser treatments?

Please sign in or register to post a reply.