Anyone here dealing with peripheral neuropathy?

Posted by rabbit10 @rabbit10, Apr 9, 2016

Anyone here dealing with peripheral neuropathy?

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Neuropathy Support Group.

@dancermurphy

Thanks I will try to find it !!

Jump to this post

Hi Dancer Murphy,

I really wish you the very best and hope you find some pain relief and have a Blessed day and enjoy your Breath and Life. MicTim

@ jjwest @mictim
Just a word of caution... both a deficit and excess of B6 can (ironically) cause neuropathy or worsen it. Make sure that you doctor is frequently testing your blood level for this vitamin, and remember always that such supplements are not regulated and often have more or less of the active ingredients claimed.

@elizm

@ jjwest @mictim
Just a word of caution... both a deficit and excess of B6 can (ironically) cause neuropathy or worsen it. Make sure that you doctor is frequently testing your blood level for this vitamin, and remember always that such supplements are not regulated and often have more or less of the active ingredients claimed.

Jump to this post

That was the first thing my neurosurgeon did.
Ronnie

In reply to @paityn8 "I am" + (show)
@paityn8

Hello, @paityn8 - welcome to Mayo Clinic Connect. I'm afraid we did not get your entire message. Do you have peripheral neuropathy?

I do have neuropathy in both legs and drop foot in both from POEMS

@grandmar

Thank you so much for your post, @bburleson1!
I live in Florida and I am concerned about it making me warmer than I already am.
But now, you have given me the desire and confidence to use the brace.
You are so right about being independent and being able to drive.
I want that FREEDOM!!!!
I wear shorts almost all year round so I am sure it will be noticed, but I don't care!
I am not real big on what people think.
My philosophy is if you don't like it, don't look.
One question, do you wear one or two??

Thanks again, I really appreciate your post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jump to this post

I wear 2. They are lightweight..I hated them at first but I think my legs were worse and I couldn't navigate my feet into the shoes easily..It seemed like it took forever to get them on. Now .. . I just pop them on in the morning (routine) and I'm up and around..It's almost second nature, and what a relief to be able to go outside and garden, walk, go to the gym, drive, and I haven't fallen in such a long time..I haven't mastered wearing shorts, but maybe I will this summer, who cares... we care enough about ourself to be our best and if the braces make us better, well then, solution solved..

@lisalucier

Hello, @paityn8 - welcome to Mayo Clinic Connect. I'm afraid we did not get your entire message. Do you have peripheral neuropathy?

Jump to this post

Lisa, yes, PN in both feet equally caused by a fall many years ago.

I also get PN due to a fall, and landed on both feet on rocks, years ago.

@mictim

Hi Dancer Murphy,

I really wish you the very best and hope you find some pain relief and have a Blessed day and enjoy your Breath and Life. MicTim

Jump to this post

Where did you find neuro freeze ? Looked on amazon but they don’t have .

@bburleson1

I wear 2. They are lightweight..I hated them at first but I think my legs were worse and I couldn't navigate my feet into the shoes easily..It seemed like it took forever to get them on. Now .. . I just pop them on in the morning (routine) and I'm up and around..It's almost second nature, and what a relief to be able to go outside and garden, walk, go to the gym, drive, and I haven't fallen in such a long time..I haven't mastered wearing shorts, but maybe I will this summer, who cares... we care enough about ourself to be our best and if the braces make us better, well then, solution solved..

Jump to this post

Thank you for sharing.
The more I read about wearing braces, the more excited I am to get them.
I cannot wait for my FREEDOM.
Funny, I was at the medical clinic yesterday.
There was a man with his toddler child.
He was running after the little guy.
Then, I actually took a look.
Guess what?
They dad was wearing a leg brace that looks similar to the one I am getting.

Have a great weekend!
Ronnie (GRANDMAr)

Please sign in or register to post a reply.