90% Chance of Significant Blockage with Calcium Score Greater Than 400

Posted by bitsygirl @bitsygirl, Feb 7 7:18pm

I have seen the statistic that there is a 90% chance of a significant blockage with a calcium score greater than 400 from multiple seemingly good sources. Does anyone know where this statistic came from?

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Heart & Blood Health Support Group.

@mikekennedy759

Yes, it was. But it was a shock to the interventional cardiologist. He was not expecting it.

Are you having shortness of breath? That sometimes is a clue. Or its hard to exercise because you cannot catch your breath.

By the way, I like your ID name: bitsygirl...it sounds so cheerful and cute.

Jump to this post

Yes, I imagine it was a surprise to have a blockage with such a low score. I guess we are opposites in some sense. I should probably have a more severe blockage with my score. I don’t have any shortness of breath. I am running for exercise. (Well, I call it that — others might not 🙂 I get nervous when it sometimes seems harder than usual going up the stairs or a hill, but think I am OK so far.

I named my cat Bitsy and then I too her name. :). It fit her. She was a darling. I also work with computers, so it has an alternate meaning to boot.

@bitsygirl

Yes, I imagine it was a surprise to have a blockage with such a low score. I guess we are opposites in some sense. I should probably have a more severe blockage with my score. I don’t have any shortness of breath. I am running for exercise. (Well, I call it that — others might not 🙂 I get nervous when it sometimes seems harder than usual going up the stairs or a hill, but think I am OK so far.

I named my cat Bitsy and then I too her name. :). It fit her. She was a darling. I also work with computers, so it has an alternate meaning to boot.

Jump to this post

The name is creative! My jogging is well, LOL. I get where I am going.

Not sure that 90% statistic is correct.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.