20 to 30 episodes per hour with CPAP
20 to 30 episodes per hour now
I have used a CPAP for 20 years.
No leakage problem/ cleaned it
Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Sleep Health Support Group.
20 to 30 episodes per hour now
I have used a CPAP for 20 years.
No leakage problem/ cleaned it
Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Sleep Health Support Group.
This is a guess, but perhaps when there are leaks, the CPAP can't detect apnea events (lack of resistance to air flow?) and vice versa.
I have the same issues.
It also seems like it's a constant battle vs. leaks and I have to adjust my mask. It seems to ride up the bridge of my nose and leaks. The non-adjustable part of the headgear pulls it up.
Net: I need a better fitting mask.
-
Like -
Helpful -
Hug
2 ReactionsThat makes a lot of sense. Thank you!
Central apnea must be treated via an adaptive servo-ventilator (ASV). BiPap and APap don't work for all but a very few patients who have all or mostly central apnea.
-
Like -
Helpful -
Hug
1 Reaction