Chronic Pain members - Welcome, please introduce yourself

Posted by Kelsey Mohring @kelseydm, Apr 27, 2016

Welcome to the new Chronic Pain group.

I’m Kelsey and I’m the moderator of the group. I look forwarding to welcoming you and introducing you to other members. Feel free to browse the topics or start a new one.

Why not take a minute and introduce yourself.

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Chronic Pain Support Group.

Daily persistent headache and dizziness for 3 years every day/all day and migraine with aura. Prayers for all.

Hi I’m Jan. I began having neck pain with radiculopathy into my right hand in 2015. In 2017 I had the first of seven failed cervical spine surgeries. The last was 3/10/2022. I still have severe chronic neck pain, which has in turn caused depression and anxiety. I had to stop working (I was an RN) in 2017. I’m attempting to be managed by Fentanyl patches.

@rwinney

@nickwhite Hello Nick, welcome to Connect. I'm sorry to hear about your back trouble. I hope the procedure you recently had helps your pain and your bed can be of comfort again.

Jump to this post

I wanted to share this podcast I just heard on PBS. Some of it may apply to some of you. It’s worth listening to.

Pain is a "hallmark of consciousness among all beings," writes physician Haider Warraich in his new book "The Song of Our Scars." Pain, he explains, is also gendered, racial and above all so personal that it's the one thing truly our own. Like an estimated 1.5 billion people worldwide, Warraich himself lives with chronic pain, brought on by a devastating back injury. We'll talk to Warraich about the biology of pain and how we experience what he calls our most complicated sensation.

49 years with migraines. Currently 9 months of Chronic Daily Migraine. It is mimicking MOH which I ve had many years ago. I take nothing for the pain and havent for months. If I do (over the counter or script) take anything, then pain Level goes to 10. Every day a struggle, especially with Fibromyalgia and Rheumatoid Arthritis. Wondering if anyone has heard of this.

51 years of daily chronic headache. Taking 1 Fioricet and 1 Benadryl every 4-6 hours. NOTHING else works. Neurologist after neurologist has tried treating it. Eastern, Western, all non-traditional medicine tried. Started w car accident in 1971. I live a life of pain and can't wait to maker my exit.

Good morning from Canada, I have had a triple bypass 2 years ago. I have so much pain in my lower back that at times , it is difficult to do any activity for any length of time. I tire very quickly. I don’t know if this is the correct place to ask for any suggestions. Thank you , Jacqueline

Triple bypass (Heart). Pain in Lower Back seems unrelated. Suggest you see a Spine Doctor.

My name is Dale, I have numerous chronic pain issues, listing them would be easier to get started.
1) I have degenerative disc’s from C2toC6–the disc C5 & C6 is leaning towards the spinal cord. I have multiple bone spurs.
2) I have a torn rotator on my left shoulder that has pain along with a torn muscle on my right shoulder.
3) my right knee has both meniscus torn and it’s too late to fix it.
4) I have neuropathy both feet that bothers me all the time.
5) I have some other issues but not that cause’s pain, I had prostate cancer that needed 37 bouts of radiation.
Well that’s it, I realize surgery would help some but not all the time. I am on pain medication and have been for 12 years. Ideas ?

@linamend

51 years of daily chronic headache. Taking 1 Fioricet and 1 Benadryl every 4-6 hours. NOTHING else works. Neurologist after neurologist has tried treating it. Eastern, Western, all non-traditional medicine tried. Started w car accident in 1971. I live a life of pain and can't wait to maker my exit.

Jump to this post

Wow. I took Fiorinal w Codiene for several years 1-7 days/per month for mentral migraine. Then more. Then more. Then chronic daily migraine for 1-1/2 years.. that landed me in hospital (NE Center for Headache) for a week. That was the 90's. I was treated for the migraine but no one treated me for getting off Fioninal. Next 15 years Zomig did the trick. Then it and nothing else ine the world not only doesnt help, it backfires and pain shoot to highest level. I dont understand what is happening. I do understand your maker comment. A life with 24/7 pain.

@importantcargo

Wow. I took Fiorinal w Codiene for several years 1-7 days/per month for mentral migraine. Then more. Then more. Then chronic daily migraine for 1-1/2 years.. that landed me in hospital (NE Center for Headache) for a week. That was the 90's. I was treated for the migraine but no one treated me for getting off Fioninal. Next 15 years Zomig did the trick. Then it and nothing else ine the world not only doesnt help, it backfires and pain shoot to highest level. I dont understand what is happening. I do understand your maker comment. A life with 24/7 pain.

Jump to this post

Thank you for your heartfelt reply. I can't imagine you not being treated to get off the Fiorinal w codeine! That needs to be tapered slowly to avoid withdrawal! And if it was Fiorinal, and not Fioricet, then you were taking a LOT of aspirin. Did you experience any platelet or clotting problems?

So many of the medications have made my pain worse over the years--especially the CGRPs! They made my head feel like it was exploding w hot liquid lava! Agony!

Yet my neurologist thought I was exaggerating. Hardly...

You are in my thoughts because there are many of us living for years and years in chronic invisible pain. I understand. 😔👍🏼

Please sign in or register to post a reply.