Chronic Pain members - Welcome, please introduce yourself

Posted by Kelsey Mohring @kelseydm, Apr 27, 2016

Welcome to the new Chronic Pain group.

I’m Kelsey and I’m the moderator of the group. I look forwarding to welcoming you and introducing you to other members. Feel free to browse the topics or start a new one.

Why not take a minute and introduce yourself.

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Chronic Pain Support Group.

@mikaylar

What is PRC? I started this journey 6 years ago and there is nothing left for me to try except the blood patches. There is a Danish doctor at Cedar Sinai who sews up the holes if they are, in fact there. I could never make that trip. My friend tried Mayo in Florida with no luck. I don't think they know how to help us. I have migraine with aura but New Daily Persistent Headache is what keeps me on the couch every day. Now my toes are getting numb from this sedentary life. It all sucks. Yes, I will keep you posted. Thanks for caring.

Jump to this post

Mikayla,
PRC =
Pain Rehabilitation Center
(I sent you a link about the Mayo Clinic program)

You've been on a very long journey. Without even realizing it, the journey takes a toll that helps keep you on the couch. So many factors go into chronic pain from an emotional, physical and behavioral aspect and there's a whole lot to rehab, not just make my headaches go away.

What did your friend go to Mayo Jacksonville for?

@rwinney

Mikayla,
PRC =
Pain Rehabilitation Center
(I sent you a link about the Mayo Clinic program)

You've been on a very long journey. Without even realizing it, the journey takes a toll that helps keep you on the couch. So many factors go into chronic pain from an emotional, physical and behavioral aspect and there's a whole lot to rehab, not just make my headaches go away.

What did your friend go to Mayo Jacksonville for?

Jump to this post

Headache, TMJ, Lymes and other things. I can't get to a Mayo Clinic.

@mikaylar

Jump to this post

Ok, I understand.

I have severe pain standing or walking. I am unable to lie on my back either. This is due to spine stenosis and spondylosis. Currently I am on bone treatment. If my bone improves, surgeon is going to perform a series of spine operations. No dates have been set.

@mikaylar

I never heard of this, Icart. Have you tried a Headache Center in Canada? You need to get to a place that just treats headaches.
Mikayla

Jump to this post

I have applied to a Pain clinic, I need to find out if they have a headache center in my city.
thank you Mikala

@mikaylar

Jump to this post

Perhaps you can look for a pain rehab center or program closer to you. My large provider network in Minnesota has such a program, and so does my daughter's. It is not quite the same as Mayo, but is multi-focal as well, offering a number of services.
Sue

@mikaylar

I am still suffering from the effects of Emgality 3 months after taking a double dose. No migraine meds have helped me; only made me dizzzier.
Mikayla

Jump to this post

I sorry to hear this. All the CGRPs made me 10X worse, like my head was exploding with hot liquid lava. Doctor didn't believe me at first because "no one else had that symptom". Sending you a heartfelt hug. It took nearly 2 months for my symptoms to go away. Hope this passes soon, Mikayla, you deserve better. 🤗 Lin

Why SHOULD you be sorry for being hard on them? Any doctor that takes 6 weeks to see a stroke patient should be chastised big time! So sorry to hear this. Where is their conscience in treating patients w such disregard?! Sending you a hug. Don't feel guilty about being w your daughter. She's come out of this a better, more empathetic person. It's ok. 🤗. Lin

@linamend

I sorry to hear this. All the CGRPs made me 10X worse, like my head was exploding with hot liquid lava. Doctor didn't believe me at first because "no one else had that symptom". Sending you a heartfelt hug. It took nearly 2 months for my symptoms to go away. Hope this passes soon, Mikayla, you deserve better. 🤗 Lin

Jump to this post

Thank you Lin.

Hi. I'm Jill, looking for help in deciding if I should go to Mayo Clinic? It would be concerning all of these lumps I have from head to bottom of my feet. They hurt, burn. Electrocute as I believe they are lipomas firing off my nerves!!! Its not worth living if I have to be in such pain everyday...I can't stand it anymore and I get no help or answers around here..

Please sign in or register to post a reply.