Chronic Pain members - Welcome, please introduce yourself

Posted by Kelsey Mohring @kelseydm, Apr 27, 2016

Welcome to the new Chronic Pain group.

I’m Kelsey and I’m the moderator of the group. I look forwarding to welcoming you and introducing you to other members. Feel free to browse the topics or start a new one.

Why not take a minute and introduce yourself.

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Chronic Pain Support Group.

Got lower back and leg chronic pain for 10 years. Had 2 back surgeries, plus all the rest, on no meds, but nothing works. Very active senior that continues to mt. bike, swim, lift weighs, etc, while ignoring the pain. Started meditation 6 months ago, but no improvement. Trying to get into Mayo's 3-week pain rehab program.

@skier

Got lower back and leg chronic pain for 10 years. Had 2 back surgeries, plus all the rest, on no meds, but nothing works. Very active senior that continues to mt. bike, swim, lift weighs, etc, while ignoring the pain. Started meditation 6 months ago, but no improvement. Trying to get into Mayo's 3-week pain rehab program.

Jump to this post

Hello @skier, Welcome to Mayo Clinic Connect. @rwinney has shared her experience with Mayo Clinic's Pain Rehabilitation Program in this discussion which you might find helpful.

Mayo Pain Rehabilitation Program: https://connect.mayoclinic.org/discussion/mayo-pain-rehabilitation-program/

There is also another discussion you might want to share your experience on -- Do you meditate? And does it help?: https://connect.mayoclinic.org/discussion/do-you-meditate-and-does-it-help/

You mentioned your are trying to get into Mayo's 3-week pain rehab program. Are you having any difficulty getting into the program?

Thanks, @johnbishop for the reply and other connections. Just started the Mayo's PRP process. Must get my physician to do the referral process. Not expecting immediate approval, since it's a huge nation-world-wide program, live about 6 hours away from Rochester.

thanks again,

@gcranor

Well I had 8 back surgeries, one neck operation, morphine pump implanted; however I deal with pain every day. I am trying to see what other people are doing to deal with this pain. Now the are testing me for ALS and I keep failing those test; so far I have weak lung, tongue, esophagus muscles.

Jump to this post

Welcome @gcranor. Wow, eight back surgeries. I can imagine you are concerned about the testing for ALS. When will you know more?

@michelles74, I can imagine that you feel defeated. Managing back pain and now breast cancer. Have you reached out to a social worker at you cancer center? Learn more about oncology social workers in this blog post:
- How an Oncology Social Worker Can Help https://connect.mayoclinic.org/blog/cancer-education-center/newsfeed-post/how-an-oncology-social-worker-can-help/

I wonder if they might help coordinate pain management care and help you feel heard.

Gcranor and Michelle, you both may be interested in joining the discussions in the Spine Health group here: https://connect.mayoclinic.org/group/spine-health/

I am a disabled veteran and the using VA; it takes months to get all the doctors to work together and the test completed. It may take another three months to get all the test done. I am going to keep doing what make happy and just keep fighting the pain and adjust for the muscle weakness.

@skier

Thanks, @johnbishop for the reply and other connections. Just started the Mayo's PRP process. Must get my physician to do the referral process. Not expecting immediate approval, since it's a huge nation-world-wide program, live about 6 hours away from Rochester.

thanks again,

Jump to this post

Yes. My social worker is great.

Hi Maggie and I can’t remember the last time I had a pain-free day. I am so tired and uncomfortable all the time. I just got a colostomy bag because my Crohn’s disease destroyed my intestines, rectum and anus. I applied for disability in 2019 and because of Covid I still haven’t heard if I am eligible or not. I try my best to have a positive attitude about everything but sometimes it is so hard.

Praying for you. God be with you. Do you have an attorney regarding the disability? I have heard it is hard to get without an attorney; a good attorney would take only a small percentage of your back-pay, I think.

My name is Smitty, and I am interested in this group since I suffer from chronic pain/discomfort from what doctors think is a damaged femoral nerve in my back or hip.

@mamouson

My name is Smitty, and I am interested in this group since I suffer from chronic pain/discomfort from what doctors think is a damaged femoral nerve in my back or hip.

Jump to this post

Hello @mamouson and welcome to Mayo Clinic Connect. How long have you been living with your pain and have you been diagnosed with a nerve condition/issue? What are you doing to deal with your pain?

Please sign in or register to post a reply.