Chronic Pain members - Welcome, please introduce yourself

Posted by Kelsey Mohring @kelseydm, Apr 27, 2016

Welcome to the new Chronic Pain group.

I’m Kelsey and I’m the moderator of the group. I look forwarding to welcoming you and introducing you to other members. Feel free to browse the topics or start a new one.

Why not take a minute and introduce yourself.

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Chronic Pain Support Group.

@skhagen

Hello all. My therapist sent me this link to help me deal with chronic pain.
I was diagnosed with OA when I was just 35 years old. I am now 53 and have underwent multiple bone surgeries and four cervical spine ablation’s.
Trying to deal with chronic pain daily has caused me anxiety, stress and depression. It affects my relationships with my family and friends. Mostly because I’m exhausted, drained mentally and physically.
I try extremely hard to push forward!
As there are no treatments for OA other than surgery on the affected joints. I tend to obsess about what my future looks like. I remember my great grandmother was crippled from OA. Those memories have created an overwhelming fear for myself.
My hope is that this group will help me deal with chronic pain better.
Thank you

Jump to this post

I don't see the link.

@skhagen

I was diagnosed with OA when I was just 35 years old. I am now 53 and have underwent multiple bone surgeries and four cervical spine ablation’s.
Trying to deal with chronic pain daily has caused me anxiety, stress and depression. It affects my relationships with my family and friends. Mostly because I’m exhausted, drained mentally and physically.
As there are no treatments for OA other than surgery on the affected joints. I tend to obsess about what my future looks like. I remember my great grandmother was crippled from OA. Those memories have created an overwhelming fear for myself.
Thank you

Jump to this post

@skhagen I am so sorry for what you are dealing with. We are here for you to listen and for those who have similar issues they will share their knowledge and experience. Welcome!

@artscaping

Hi there @lioness, the P & B stands for Papa and Barkley. The product is Releaf Balm. They have a dispensary location map and you are in Southern California....correct? Let me know if you need help figuring it out.

https://shop.papaandbarkleyhemp.com/

May you have happiness and the causes of happiness.
Chris

Jump to this post

@artscaping Thanks Chris for this information. I will check it out later but am looking for tinctures and creams. Do you have any suggestions as to where to start ?

@skhagen

Thank you

Jump to this post

@skhagen Interested in the link from your therapist but don"t see the link can you repost it for me as my O.A. is getting worse in my hands. Thanks

@lioness and @cb772vvvv, I believe that @skhagen was saying that the therapist gave them the link to Mayo Clinic Connect to connect with others to help cope and live well with pain through the support of others. Am I correct SKHagen?

@skhagen Welcome to Mayo Clinic Connect. Mayo Clinic Connect is a place to give and receive support from people that are going through similar challenges.

I encourage you to check out the discussion about OA in the Bones, Joints, & Muscle group. Here you will meet others talking about living with Osteoarthritis. Simply click the link.

- Osteoarthritis: Let's connect and support each other https://connect.mayoclinic.org/discussion/osteoarthritis-3/

@lioness

@busterbrown Glad the Tens unit is helping you .Do you have a pocket to put the unit in so you can walk around. Maybe a long sweater?

Jump to this post

@lioness yes. It came with a pouch I have hanging from an old necklace around my neck. The problem is the wires from the module itself are way too long so I try to tape them up as best I can. I look like a crazy lady hobbling around so I don’t trip.

@faithwalker007

Next time you visit your pharmacy, ask if they can dispose of them for you or know who can. Usually the police station can if they can’t.

Jump to this post

@faithwalker007
Thanks Renee. I'll gather them together and take them to Walmart pharmacy. BTW, I just looked at the bottle more carefully. They gave me 30 Lortab (hydrocodone) with 1 refill allowed, this was in 2010. This was for a very minor surgery (had a fatty cyst removed from forehead). That (30 plus 30 more) is WAY overboard. And I didn't even have enough pain to need a single one. From what everyone says now I suppose they would never give that much out these days, especially for minor outpatient surgery. Thanks again, Hank

@skhagen

Thank you

Jump to this post

@skhagen
I think you need a support group first and foremost. Until you can find a better one, this (Mayo Connect) should serve you well.

I am very very sorry to hear about your OA (assume you mean osteo arthritis correct?). I have only had ordinary arthritis before and none currently, but I know how painful what I had was, and my case was MILD compared to many such as yourself.

As Erika has recommended you will most likely find others that suffer from arthritis in the Bone Joint and Muscle group that she provided the link to. I want to wish you the best of luck in meeting others here who can offer you not only good information but perhaps some meaningful relationships as well. Within the first 2 months of being a member here I made some very good friends. But not only can you interact with others in real time, you can also find a lot of useful info in older discussions, they are all saved here and awaiting your reading pleasure. In fact I read about 160 pages of older posts before I ever posted myself. It can be fascinating and very informative.

I hope you can find relief from your pain or at the very least some good ways of coping with it.

My best to you, Hank

Jen, so sorry to hear about your pain keeping you up all night. Horrible! I get it. I will be thinking of you when I am awake then as well. I pray tonight will be much better and that, that was an isolated incident. I am so groggy the entire bext day. What about you? I hope not. You're the best and I will be praying for you. In Christ's unfathomable love, Sunny. @jesfactsmon.@jimhd. @artscaping.@lorirenee1

Please sign in or register to post a reply.