Chronic Pain members - Welcome, please introduce yourself

Posted by Kelsey Mohring @kelseydm, Apr 27, 2016

Welcome to the new Chronic Pain group.

I’m Kelsey and I’m the moderator of the group. I look forwarding to welcoming you and introducing you to other members. Feel free to browse the topics or start a new one.

Why not take a minute and introduce yourself.

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Chronic Pain Support Group.

@artscaping

@lauren123 Good afternoon. Thanks for your interest. What in particular are you curious about? I am happy to respond. Just need a hint or two. Be happy today.

Jump to this post

@Chris....or, anyone really! Anyone ever tried wild lettuce to replace pharmaceutical pain relievers? They say it is comparable to an opioid. I've tried both the tincture and the capsule, made by Swanson. Is this claim just rubbish, or should I try for a better quality? I am willing to go natura, but can't do MM. Looking for an awesome fix for my awesome pain.

@jmjlove

@Chris....or, anyone really! Anyone ever tried wild lettuce to replace pharmaceutical pain relievers? They say it is comparable to an opioid. I've tried both the tincture and the capsule, made by Swanson. Is this claim just rubbish, or should I try for a better quality? I am willing to go natura, but can't do MM. Looking for an awesome fix for my awesome pain.

Jump to this post

I saw a couple of years where this old time help for pain reappeared. It started appearing online in capsules, etc. From what I know one may as well have a nice Romaine salad. Only one variety may have some benefit and doubtful it would help with chronic pain. My input.

@skippyr

This is my first post. I’ve had rectal pain non stop for seven years. It started after having a BCIR surgery. That is an internal bag for waste made out of small intestine so it can be emptied using a catheter. My rectum was removed forty years ago due to ulcerative colitis. I had illiosmy for two years then a Koch Pouch which is similar to the BCIR. It lasted for many years until 2000 with the valve failed and started leaking. The rectal pain is unrelenting and feels like a hot jagged post twisting and poking into my backside. I’ve tried everything from a hysterectomy to a spinal laminectomy to every kind of injections you can think of. I’ve recently received a DRG Stimulator that goes under the tailbone. It is the first thing to give any marked relief but the pain is still such that my life is very restricted. Has anyone ever heard of a intrathecal pump for pain in this area?

Jump to this post

@skippyr I don't have any experience with your condition, but I do know that surgeries cause internal scar tissue in the fascia. Possibly, myofascial release physical therapy could help that. Here is some information I collected about MFR that you may be interested in. https://connect.mayoclinic.org/discussion/myofascial-release-therapy-mfr-for-treating-compression-and-pain/

Hi fellow pain warriors. I'm 54. My Fibro took a bad turn 2 1/2 years ago and I'm slowly doing better after having a lot of physical therapy and nerve blocks, ablations, and massage. I've been following Dr. Skip Pridgin's protocol since 11/2018 and am feeling less pain. He's doing a large study using 500 mg of Famcyclovir 2X/day & 200 Celebrex with the morning Famvir. Google him for more info. I also take Methaxalone, Magnesium, Curcumin, D3, a good multivitamin 2X/day, HRT, Imitrex, Plaquenil (am also diagnosed with Lupus), and I just got Botox injections for my migraines. I was a long distance runner, golfer, tennis, cycler etc. etc. It's been quite an adjustment. I'm doing Acceptance and Commitment Therapy for Pain which has been very helpful. Other than the constant engulfing pain, I'm happily married, have 3 grown kids and 3 older stepkids, 2 dogs, a cat, a parrot (great chatty companion), and wonderful friends. I'm not dying and try to focus on how blessed I am.

@janebaxter

Hi fellow pain warriors. I'm 54. My Fibro took a bad turn 2 1/2 years ago and I'm slowly doing better after having a lot of physical therapy and nerve blocks, ablations, and massage. I've been following Dr. Skip Pridgin's protocol since 11/2018 and am feeling less pain. He's doing a large study using 500 mg of Famcyclovir 2X/day & 200 Celebrex with the morning Famvir. Google him for more info. I also take Methaxalone, Magnesium, Curcumin, D3, a good multivitamin 2X/day, HRT, Imitrex, Plaquenil (am also diagnosed with Lupus), and I just got Botox injections for my migraines. I was a long distance runner, golfer, tennis, cycler etc. etc. It's been quite an adjustment. I'm doing Acceptance and Commitment Therapy for Pain which has been very helpful. Other than the constant engulfing pain, I'm happily married, have 3 grown kids and 3 older stepkids, 2 dogs, a cat, a parrot (great chatty companion), and wonderful friends. I'm not dying and try to focus on how blessed I am.

Jump to this post

@janebaxter Welcome two Mayo Connect! You will find a lot of support here. There are many of us who struggle with fibro and assorted other combinations of maladies. Take some time to sort through discussion groups and threads of conversation. None of us are medical professionals, but we all can offer support and our experiences of what worked and didn't work for us!
Ginger

In reply to @juliet80 "I am mary" + (show)
@juliet80

Hi Mary, from one newbie to another!

I know this is not medical but does anyone know about old comic books lol

Hi..im terry..i have chronic pain from pancreatitis and fibro..also have rheumatoid arthritis..its nice being able to talk to others

Please sign in or register to post a reply.