Chronic Pain members - Welcome, please introduce yourself

Posted by Kelsey Mohring @kelseydm, Apr 27, 2016

Welcome to the new Chronic Pain group.

I’m Kelsey and I’m the moderator of the group. I look forwarding to welcoming you and introducing you to other members. Feel free to browse the topics or start a new one.

Why not take a minute and introduce yourself.

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Chronic Pain Support Group.

@barbarn

@lioness - just wanted to tell you that Amazon has Trader Joe Ginger-Turmeric tea, which I ordered and it should be here today!!! Also, I get ginger-beer at Costco (it's cheaper there than any other I've found!) - and "Stash' makes a great lemon-ginger tea - neither of those has turmuric, so I'll be interested to see the difference!!!!! barb

Jump to this post

@barbarn thanks I,ll check Amazon its getting harder for me to go shopping I like ginger beer have to get some Im out

I would like to know if anyone has burning thigh pain Dr told me its nerves being impinged from back the only thing I do is get injections in lower back but does anyone know of anything else @lioness

I have constant burning on right thigh pain with the swelling going down to my ankles. Now I'm having numbness on my left foot. I've been to several doctors and they all tell me something different. I have lower back & pelvic arthritis which I was told from the last doctor i saw. I don't believe this would be why I have the swelling when I'm sitting and standing. It feels better when I lay down.

@pkindron

I have constant burning on right thigh pain with the swelling going down to my ankles. Now I'm having numbness on my left foot. I've been to several doctors and they all tell me something different. I have lower back & pelvic arthritis which I was told from the last doctor i saw. I don't believe this would be why I have the swelling when I'm sitting and standing. It feels better when I lay down.

Jump to this post

@pkindron I have found that lower back exercises from P.T. has helped with lower back but the pain in groin isn't helped by this method I found using an ice bag does ,temporarily .Out side of injections I don't know what will help with the nerves Have you tried chiropractic?it could be your sciatica ,sounds like it as mine acts like that and the chiropractor does help Wish you luck .

@hopeful33250

I think you can also get a 30 mg Cymbalta, @franle. Another conversation to have if you want to keep your meds to a minimum.

Also, don't forget about the benefits of non-med pain activities, like Tai-Chi, yoga, etc. These are both gentle ways of relieving pain and there are no prescriptions needed, no side-effects and they can be relatively inexpensive, especially at community centers. 😊

Jump to this post

@hopeful33250 I can attest to Tai Chi! I do Yang style long form and have been doing it since the mid-90s. In the periods when I do not do Tai Chi there is a marked increase in discomfort, sleep issues, and depression. My preference is outdoors, either alone of with a few people.
Ginger

@gingerw

@hopeful33250 I can attest to Tai Chi! I do Yang style long form and have been doing it since the mid-90s. In the periods when I do not do Tai Chi there is a marked increase in discomfort, sleep issues, and depression. My preference is outdoors, either alone of with a few people.
Ginger

Jump to this post

Yes, I just love the gentle movements of Tai-Chi, @gingerw.

@gingerw

Ginger

Jump to this post

@ginger what is the Yang style I tried it but have 2left feet Im not coordinated but do Yoga

@lioness

@ginger what is the Yang style I tried it but have 2left feet Im not coordinated but do Yoga

Jump to this post

@lioness There are many different styles. Each major region in China has their own form. The style I practice has 108 movements in three sections, and is "Shanghai" style. It can take from 20 to 40 minutes to complete, depending on how fast you go. The slower you move, the more difficult to maintain balance and focus, but more rewarding. Tia Chi is considered a martial art form, and when done rapidly, you certainly can see the defensive motions.
Ginger

@gingerw

@lioness There are many different styles. Each major region in China has their own form. The style I practice has 108 movements in three sections, and is "Shanghai" style. It can take from 20 to 40 minutes to complete, depending on how fast you go. The slower you move, the more difficult to maintain balance and focus, but more rewarding. Tia Chi is considered a martial art form, and when done rapidly, you certainly can see the defensive motions.
Ginger

Jump to this post

@ginger thanks for the information

@hopeful33250

Yes, I just love the gentle movements of Tai-Chi, @gingerw.

Jump to this post

@hopeful33250 I was reading about Parkinson's research are looking into nto the appendix they think this has something to do with the disease wanted to pass along

Please sign in or register to post a reply.